Not open for further replies.

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
I cheated a little the other day and on a whim added 20 drops (theoretically 2%) of FW Tangerine to one of my well steeped 50ml bottles of my original recipe, purdy yummy :)

I still have another 100ml made up so it was going to be a little while before getting around to a modified recipe...

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I cheated a little the other day and on a whim added 20 drops (theoretically 2%) of FW Tangerine to one of my well steeped 50ml bottles of my original recipe, purdy yummy :)

I still have another 100ml made up so it was going to be a little while before getting around to a modified recipe...
I've been vaping the orange creamsicle some lately. Not an ADV for me but a very pleasant change of pace.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Others has stated they would like a little more orange. I have all the fixins except Tangerine. The diy store by me doesn't have Tangerine.. How would a little Mandarin Orange sound added to the op recipe sound? Anyone try it? It is my understanding that Mandarin oranges have a gentler, sweeter taste, while the tangerine is a bit more tart

I am going to fire up the crock pot tonight and thought I would add this to the other bottles I will be steeping.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I would say the mandarin should go perfect with the orange cream.I think that is probably closer to what they use in the orange cream flavor rather than tangerine,but i dont have any mandarin so i figure tangerine should be close enough haha.

By the way,finally made this last night,followed the original recipe,then added 2% sweet tangerine to it.I will try it later tonight,but so far it smells really good.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Ok,the sweet tangerine didn't work out,at least not for me.I will let it steep for a while and see if it changes,but right now,it tastes like i have a mouth full of cream while licking the orange peel haha,that's the best way i can describe it.The cream part is really good,but that tangerine mixed with the orange that is already there,gave it a bitter rind type of taste.I am ordering the mandarin tommorow,so i'll try it again once that shows up around monday.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The tangerine for me was a cheat till I get around to mixing with my new percentages ;)

Oh,yeah i know.Have you ever tried capella sweet tangerine?If so how does it compare to flavow west.Like i said the capella i used gave it a taste like licking the peel haha.I thought i ordered the mandarin this morning,but didn't realize until after i completed my order that i forgot to put it in there,so i will order it next week.I may go ahead and make your original recipe in the mean time,i just really want a strong orange flavor to it,and using the orange cream flavor on it's own.i have never been able to get a good strong orange from it,like you mentioned before it's more cream than anything else.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
I have got FA Mandarin, FA Orange, CAP Sweet Tangerine all inbound this week and this is in addition to the CAP Juicy Orange I already have. I am going to make the orange really pop! :laugh:
I am going to play with adding these to the recipe i posted as well to see if i can find something that really does make the orange stand out a bit more.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I'm curious to hear how they come out for you.I have the fa mandarin,and the cap sweet tangerine,and neither worked for me.Especially the tangerine,like i mentioned a while back,i added it at 2% to the original recipe,and it definitely brought the orange to the front,but it tasted like i was licking the peel haha.I'm going to get the tfa mandarin and sweet orange,i figure it has to be one of these that they use in the orange cream.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Oh,yeah i know.Have you ever tried capella sweet tangerine?If so how does it compare to flavow west.Like i said the capella i used gave it a taste like licking the peel haha.I thought i ordered the mandarin this morning,but didn't realize until after i completed my order that i forgot to put it in there,so i will order it next week.I may go ahead and make your original recipe in the mean time,i just really want a strong orange flavor to it,and using the orange cream flavor on it's own.i have never been able to get a good strong orange from it,like you mentioned before it's more cream than anything else.

FW Orange Dream Bar has a stronger Orange than TFA Orange Cream IMO.

I add 3 drops of Inawera Orange, (not WG), to TFA Orange Cream if I want a bit more Orange.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Ok,the sweet tangerine didn't work out,at least not for me.I will let it steep for a while and see if it changes,but right now,it tastes like i have a mouth full of cream while licking the orange peel haha,that's the best way i can describe it.The cream part is really good,but that tangerine mixed with the orange that is already there,gave it a bitter rind type of taste.I am ordering the mandarin tommorow,so i'll try it again once that shows up around monday.

Now I'm glad I ordered the TFA Mandarin. :D

Last edited:

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
Just a quick update. The recipe i used has been sitting for 19 days now and it has definitely held onto the orange flavor. I would say it is almost kind of a 1/2 and 1/2 between the flavors. it is kinda weird; at times, i taste more cream and others I am tasting more orange. But it does feel like it is missing something from it. The wife thinks it is too cream heavy but she doesn't like cream so i chalk it up to that. I will do another batch when i get the new flavors in and see how that comes out.
But definitely listen to what Heabob has suggested she is far beyond me :laugh:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I mixed up another batch of the original recipe,and added 2% orange sweet from tfa.I made this one Monday,but i will let it steep until the weekend before i try it.I used that same orange in another recipe made the same day,and tried it yesterday,and the orange was still overpowering everything,so i figure waiting until the weekend will give it some time to settle,and i can get a truer feel of how it works with this one.That orange is very promising though,as it has a very nice true orange taste to it.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I mixed up another batch of the original recipe,and added 2% orange sweet from tfa.I made this one Monday,but i will let it steep until the weekend before i try it.I used that same orange in another recipe made the same day,and tried it yesterday,and the orange was still overpowering everything,so i figure waiting until the weekend will give it some time to settle,and i can get a truer feel of how it works with this one.That orange is very promising though,as it has a very nice true orange taste to it.

What's the verdict on adding TFA Orange Sweet to your Orange Creamsicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread