ORDERING FROM EBAY???? Can't use paypal for ecig stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksprings

Nov 28, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
recently i heard something about ebay and paypal not acknowledging a consumer buying "e-cig" or "juice"... I dont know what this means... but i'm quite worried because i have ordered and paid for my itaste mvp 2.0, igo w and ohm meter seeing a bit of information about this makes me worry.... WHAT is this all about? enlighten me, please.

Virtual Life

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
Miami, FL, USA
Officially ebay AND paypal, ebay owns paypal, do not allow "ecigarette" transactions. I would still like to know how ANYONE can list an item not allowed, but I have purchased on ebay with zero problems. IF you have to dispuste the transaction you may have a problem, technically that is. If you do have to dispute, do not disclose it is "e-cig" related. It is "electronics". :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
EBay officially does not allow ecig sales. PayPal, which is owned by EBay BUT is a separate entity, allows Ecig sales in certain countries- U.K. and China based businesses are allowed to sell Ecig and Juice via PayPal. Many have filed disputes (stating it's Ecig gear) with PP when their China based order has been messed up. Usually the Vendors refunds the $$ but a few vapers have actually received refunds from PP. PayPal bases their decision to allow Ecig Vendors on whether or not the Govts are pro or anti Ecig.

There's actually a U.K. based Vendor that also has a U.S. website. Paypal is one of the payment options. When the order is placed in the U.S. the payment is routed thru the U.K. Office/ Website. The order is then sent from the U.S. Office/ Warehouse.

Last edited:

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
Officially ebay AND paypal, ebay owns paypal, do not allow "ecigarette" transactions. I would still like to know how ANYONE can list an item not allowed, but I have purchased on ebay with zero problems. IF you have to dispuste the transaction you may have a problem, technically that is. If you do have to dispute, do not disclose it is "e-cig" related. It is "electronics". :)

It's all in how they list it. The majority list it as personal vaporizer. As long as it doesn't say ecig anywhere, it should be fine:D

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Maybe no one has reported it.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
no dispute since my items will be arriving around tues... it's the first time i have ordered from ebay and right after i ordered started reading up on some "mis-information", but thanks guys! you are all great for responding

No. My question is, how will ebay handle the issue if there is a dispute since according to their own rules this stuff can't be sold or paid for with paypal. What's going to happen if you get a product that doesn't work, isn't what you ordered or don't get it?

AgeAgainst

Verified Member
No. My question is, how will ebay handle the issue if there is a dispute since according to their own rules this stuff can't be sold or paid for with paypal. What's going to happen if you get a product that doesn't work, isn't what you ordered or don't get it?

eBay/PayPal is a buyer's paradise. Most of the time eBay doesn't really care what the buyer puts in their dispute description, especially since eBay is really pushing Buyer Protection ads to let buyers know that if their purchase isn't what they wanted, they can return it for a full refund (including shipping costs). A simple 'item not as described', regardless of what the seller's listing says their return policy is and eBay will side in your favor - and this works for up to 45 days after the date of purchase.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
eBay/PayPal is a buyer's paradise. Most of the time eBay doesn't really care what the buyer puts in their dispute description, especially since eBay is really pushing Buyer Protection ads to let buyers know that if their purchase isn't what they wanted, they can return it for a full refund (including shipping costs). A simple 'item not as described', regardless of what the seller's listing says their return policy is and eBay will side in your favor - and this works for up to 45 days after the date of purchase.

That's not what I'm saying.

Ebay/Paypal has never allowed vaping suppliers to be sold. People here have opened disputes regarding a purchase with Paypal and when vaping supplies were mentioned, accounts were frozen.

Not trying to alarm anyone or tell anyone not to buy, but just be aware of their rules. They may change them- who knows but before I purchased from someone I'd email them and ask what to do or what warranty they offer and for the love of everything- MAKE SURE IT'S INSURED.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Actually the ANTZ org that got PP to stop allowing U.S. Vendors to use PP has an affiliate in the U.K. that fully supports Vaping :laugh:

Maybe this is why they're growing more tolerant.
With cash, Sean Parker and Peter Thiel follow NJOY's vapor trail

"... the venture capital firm founded by PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, is investing roughly $5 million, according to the Wall Street Journal"...

I'd still be careful. If a sale goes south, there could be issues. Hopefully it won't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread