Orion V2 roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothiefsallowed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Murica
For some reason I read that you were knew to orion. Ok, so the switches are burning up without you even pushing the button, Am I correct? and when you read the voltage it's reading at 2.1volts? Did you buy the switches directly from vaporwall brand new. It could be an error in the way Palilop (sorry for the misspelling) is making the switches. I've only had my orion a few months and I bought 3 switches from him so far just to stock pile and they all worked fine but this was months ago. You need someone with some real expserience to help you. While were at this, do you think you could read my post above and give me any pointers?

First, from everything ive ever read all switches ultimately come from him, only one that makes them, i do know that both of these switches are brand new, but yes older, as I'd imagine all are though. It is possible that since i got them both from the same buddy they were from the same bad batch if thats possible. Im not a member of the site you referenced but i think they hand pick people, so i imagine i will be on some never ending waiting list to get in (only come to this conclusion based on others experience)

Next advice for you, i took out my stupid spring and washers, i use the same nuts as your top nut on your post, only 2 of them and put wire in between the 2. So yes you wil have 3 total one at bottom and two at top . Next, i dont use mesh any more I use a steel cable (bicycle brake cable) which is down in the tank obviously not touching the bottom, i put hollow ekowool on top of the cable where i wrap the wire around, no hot spots unless its just the wire not spaced apart . If youre not gonna make the conversion my advice is oxidize the crap out of your mesh and / or lean the wick towards the post, also one tip is to make sure you go on the inside of the last wire wrap and then around the post, not where the wire comes off the top leg from the wick and the around the outside of the post, go inside then around. As far the extra metal thingy i havent a clue without pics ... cheers!

Desiderata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
San Antonio
Next advice for you, i took out my stupid spring and washers, i use the same nuts as your top nut on your post, only 2 of them and put wire in between the 2. So yes you wil have 3 total one at bottom and two at top. Desiderata: "I understand that and also wanted to give it a try with only 3 nuts".

Next, i dont use mesh any more I use a steel cable (bicycle brake cable) which is down in the tank obviously not touching the bottom, i put hollow ekowool on top of the cable where i wrap the wire around, no hot spots unless its just the wire not spaced apart . If youre not gonna make the conversion. Desidertata: "Can you show me some youtube videos of this process you're using and the website you buy these products from as I have never heard of this process." Sounds interesting and I would like to know more.

Desidertata: "Can you show me some youtube videos of this process you're using and the website you buy these products from as I have never heard of this process." Sounds interesting and I would like to know more.

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
You don't need access to Vaporwall....here are some instructions for ordering a switch from pailpoe that were posted a ways back.

This is pailpoes Paypal guillaume.pailleret@laposte.net. It's 15€ for 1 switch. Just put your address in the comments and a v2 or v2.1 switch I believe. emonty might be around here he knows better just pm him

nothiefsallowed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Murica
thanks i have been in touch with both

You don't need access to Vaporwall....here are some instructions for ordering a switch from pailpoe that were posted a ways back.

This is pailpoes Paypal guillaume.pailleret@laposte.net. It's 15€ for 1 switch. Just put your address in the comments and a v2 or v2.1 switch I believe. emonty might be around here he knows better just pm him

nothiefsallowed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Murica
Desidertata: "Can you show me some youtube videos of this process you're using and the website you buy these products from as I have never heard of this process." Sounds interesting and I would like to know more.

here is a tutorial most hardware shops will have this ss cable, make sure to NOT get galvanized, good luck!

Desiderata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
San Antonio
here is a tutorial most hardware shops will have this ss cable, make sure to NOT get galvanized, good luck!

That wasn't a tutorial. I'm a novice at best when it comes to the Orion v2.1. There isn't any youtube videos or pictures from websies of what the products your using looks like? Or can you give at least a good explanation of how you do the process.

By the way that long round piece of steal that came with my Orion v2.1. Well yesterday I was fiddiling with it and I took out the very last piece of plastic before the nut then the spring then the 2 washers and then the final nut. Well, the piece seemed useless because it left no room for wrapping and hooking a coil to it so I took out that bottom plastic piece that goes right above the switch in the process i mentioned above. I thought this would all the piece of metal to screw down farther and then you would have room to place a nut at the top. Well, without even pushing the button the part of the mod where the switch in got extremely hot so I took out the battery but the heat wasn't going away and I burnt out a new switch trying something new. My camera is in the pawns shop and my phone doesn't have a camera so when I go to my moms to visit tomorrow I will take a picture of it to see if anyone else seen this or if it's a piece to another mod as I did by it off of facebook.

nothiefsallowed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Murica
youtube orion ecig and watch the videos that come up, if you want to learn how to build the coil type in key words like orion ecig build, or removing the switch use keywords that fit what your looking to do, like orion ecig switch replace, its all there

That wasn't a tutorial. I'm a novice at best when it comes to the Orion v2.1. There isn't any youtube videos or pictures from websies of what the products your using looks like? Or can you give at least a good explanation of how you do the process.

By the way that long round piece of steal that came with my Orion v2.1. Well yesterday I was fiddiling with it and I took out the very last piece of plastic before the nut then the spring then the 2 washers and then the final nut. Well, the piece seemed useless because it left no room for wrapping and hooking a coil to it so I took out that bottom plastic piece that goes right above the switch in the process i mentioned above. I thought this would all the piece of metal to screw down farther and then you would have room to place a nut at the top. Well, without even pushing the button the part of the mod where the switch in got extremely hot so I took out the battery but the heat wasn't going away and I burnt out a new switch trying something new. My camera is in the pawns shop and my phone doesn't have a camera so when I go to my moms to visit tomorrow I will take a picture of it to see if anyone else seen this or if it's a piece to another mod as I did by it off of facebook.

Desiderata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
San Antonio
youtube orion ecig and watch the videos that come up, if you want to learn how to build the coil type in key words like orion ecig build, or removing the switch use keywords that fit what your looking to do, like orion ecig switch replace, its all there

Well, I tried your 3 nut option without spring or washers and on the first time it took away the hotspot. I will youtube' ekowool and bike brake cable and see if something comes up. Sounds like you might be the only one doing this as I'm not a complete noob to the Orion myself but pretty close to a noob anyway. Thanks for the 3 nut rules as it works great for me so I don't know if brake cables and ekowool is something I want to try as it works great as of now but I do want to take pictures of that strange piece of metal that screws on the switch where the spring goes on the Orion v.2.1 and see if anyone knows where its from and what it's purpose is besides burning out my back up switch. Now I have to order another switch myself. Tomorrow we shall find out (hopefully).

nothiefsallowed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Murica
I can quite assure you ss cable is widely used on genesis atomizers, anyways im wondering is that metal thing a replacement switch you are talking about?

Well, I tried your 3 nut option without spring or washers and on the first time it took away the hotspot. I will youtube' ekowool and bike brake cable and see if something comes up. Sounds like you might be the only one doing this as I'm not a complete noob to the Orion myself but pretty close to a noob anyway. Thanks for the 3 nut rules as it works great for me so I don't know if brake cables and ekowool is something I want to try as it works great as of now but I do want to take pictures of that strange piece of metal that screws on the switch where the spring goes on the Orion v.2.1 and see if anyone knows where its from and what it's purpose is besides burning out my back up switch. Now I have to order another switch myself. Tomorrow we shall find out (hopefully).

Last edited:

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
I can quite assure you ss cable is widely used on genesis atomizers, anyways im wondering is that metal thing a replacement switch you are talking about?

Yes.....I only use SS cable....I think it's the bike brake cable reference that has him confused....not everyone will know bikes in a way to equate SS cable to be the same as a bicycle brake cable. Lol. I wrap a bit of #500 mesh on the top of my cable....I have tried silica, ekowool, nextel.....still come back to SS.....even in devices like the Kayfun, I build a hybrid wick so my coils vaporize juice off of SS and the silica or ekowool is only being used to transport the juice to the mesh. That's just my preference though.

cryptodogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Cornelia, GA
I get my SS cable from McMaster-Carr
Here is a link....I use both 316 and 304.... The 316 is available in 7x7 and the 304 is available in 7x19.....304 is the same SS that cookware is made from so it's safe....just in case you may be concerned about types of SS that may not be safe.

McMaster-Carr

And a few pics.....excuse how funky my Orion is.....I need to do a tear down and cleaning. :)
0d27103e781ac52c8d0d04a8e0983718_zpsf1b98f15.jpg

4fd38bd65cc2708765c6954c96c14492_zps059ff20f.jpg

2cf2ad4086ecdd600db88eafc4d40945_zps68ebcf1a.jpg

Desiderata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
San Antonio
Ok, I finally am wrapping coils with no hot spots but something has happened to the spring on the switch. It seems of lots of use of putting the batteries in has made the spring not as long as if it is pushed closer together so then when i put the battery in and the bottom cap the battery rattles in side the mode and it won't make a connection. So i bought a magnet battery spacer to make the rattiling stop and make the lat part of the batter make connection with the spring that has been compressed. But it will not fire. I tried putting a dime in there and it won't fire so i figured the switch was burnt out so i put the battery in the wrong way with out the magnet spacer to see if it would auto fire and it does. so the switch is good but putting the battery in the right way with or without the spacer it rattles and will not fire, I have 3 switches and 3 18650 batteries and it will not work with any switch or any battery and i just burnt out two switches trying to see why it fires putting the battery in the wrong way, i know it was dumb but i was trouble shooting. Now I have only 1 switch left that is good but it won't fire unless i put it in the wrong way. And i don't want to burn out my last switch does anyone know about this situation or have had it happen to them. Is it not working because it is a magnet spacer. I'm trying to find a spacer around the house that is just metal because i think its the magnet that is causeing it to not fire. Any help would be welcome. Please answer fast as you can cause i am sick of using my provari and want to use my orion v2.1

Desiderata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
San Antonio
hard to say why it's re-occurring but id recommend using the switch tutorial and make sure the indise of the orion body is completely clean before putting in Orion V2.1 Switch removal and reinstall - YouTube dont put in backwards lol

I cut off the spring off a burnt out switch to place on the bottom cap so the nipple would hit it and stop the rattling because that is why i thought it was firing because my springs on the switches have all been used a lot and the have become compressed and no longer hold the battery still. So it fired on the first try but after that it would no longer fire. So i took it all apart again and made sure the switch and the mod were all clean inside and out. I cleaned the switch with a cue tip and put it all back together and once again it fired on the first try but when I went to take the second vape it would not fire. But it will fire if the battery is put in backwards so that lets me know the switch is still good. I don't know what the problem is unless a switch some how looses some power after a lot of use. I've tried fully charged batteries and have charged batteries and every possible senerio and is still only fire on the first try and doing something new to it but not on the second try or third or ever after. So I guess i'm going to order a new switch when I get some cash and that would have to be the problem. I know longer use a spring or washer were i wrap my wire just two bolts and that bottom bolt that hold the piece of plastic down right above the tank but I don't see how that would cause it not to fire over and over again like it used to. Another thing is I haven't used my Orion in a month. So I just picked it up the other day and put it all back together and now this. Maybe juice leaked into the switch and dryed and damaged it but that wouldn't explain why the other switches wouldn't work as they were in a box. But those switches even though they worked they were old and used but not burnt out. I'm sure a brand new switch will fix everything.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
How is the ground ring on the switch? Does it look to be making good contact with the ledge inside the Orion? I had one a long time ago, that I fixed by re-soldering the ground ring on the PCB of the switch.

Pretty sure a new switch will be in order. I hope you can still get them from Pailpoe! Biggest thing I find to maintain switch life. No extended dry burns and ensure no leaking through positive pole into switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread