Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Paging tierrataz-

You said the SS tank was from SiamMods, correct? I'm assuming the glass tanks will work too? Any suggestions on fitting it? My DIY menthol is a tank cracker and want to vape it in the Orion... SS seems easier to work with so I may go that route, but I enjoy seeing how much juice I have left, I rarely let my tanks run dry.
Yeah, but I bought from COV. Bruce has a thread about them in his subforum. They gave dimensions but I can't be sure.

benztech83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
SC
I got my orion v2.1 today !

WP_000129.jpg

I had a quick question. It came with 2 larger o-rings for the tank and 1 smaller o-ring. What is the smaller o-ring for ? I can't seem to find a place for it.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I got my orion v2.1 today !

View attachment 106985

I had a quick question. It came with 2 larger o-rings for the tank and 1 smaller o-ring. What is the smaller o-ring for ? I can't seem to find a place for it.

It was answered a page or 2 back... it sits down on the threads just above the tank to allow you some adjustment to align the air hole with the wick. Mine aligns just fine without it on my v2.1, but I have a quartz tank on my v2 right now, and am using the o-ring...

benztech83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
SC
It was answered a page or 2 back... it sits down on the threads just above the tank to allow you some adjustment to align the air hole with the wick. Mine aligns just fine without it on my v2.1, but I have a quartz tank on my v2 right now, and am using the o-ring...

Thanks Jolly

I should of been more descriptive in my post. I did read that it was for aligning the mouthpiece. It seems undersized and needs to be stretched quite a bit. I thought maybe it was for something I had not read about.

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
isnt it nice to have a rock solid device like the orion tierrataz? just got my v2 back from a friend and just wrapped a 4 wrap coil and one hotspot at top. tilted it towards post and done. cap on and instant flavor/vapor. this is by far the easiest genny to set up and its a tank even without the ss tank. so good to have it home. tomorrow is v2.1 day i hope

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I've wanted an Orion since they first came out; love the side switch and the two sizes. It reminds me of an improved version of the Hybrid Mini I use to have, which came w/ two sized tubes.

I'm #8 from the top on the current list. I wonder when they'll go into production? Can one get warm vapor w/ the metal mouthpiece and all? That's my only concern, other than that I'll be right at home when I get one. Been down the 'ginny' block before!

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I've wanted an Orion since they first came out; love the side switch and the two sizes. It reminds me of an improved version of the Hybrid Mini I use to have, which came w/ two sized tubes.

I'm #8 from the top on the current list. I wonder when they'll go into production? Can one get warm vapor w/ the metal mouthpiece and all? That's my only concern, other than that I'll be right at home when I get one. Been down the 'ginny' block before!
Being that far up, you shouldn't have to wait too long. The ones. Closer to 300 might have to wait till autumn. Les said he needed a vacation. :)

I think he was surprised how it took off after a slow start last year. I am anxious to see what he comes up with after all the V2s are built, but that list grows daily!

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Hey everybody. I've got this going ok right now, but just ok. The vapor is cool (4 wraps), not getting volumes of vapour, and find getting the coil BETWEEN the washers an incredibly difficult task. My liquid also turns dark fast. I'm hoping you can tell me what gauge kanthal you think is best, should I change the number of wraps, and finally, is there an easier way to get between the damn washers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread