Status
Not open for further replies.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I wish Super T would start selling tubes for the 18xxx mods so that people can swap them out to use different battery combinations. Atmomixani got it right with the Nemesis mod; give people the option to do several battery configurations with one mod. We pay enough for these things; why not give people options!?

I hate the tube gap/tube lock ring on the ELA mod [makes the mod look ugly IMO] which is why offering several tube sizes is a better option. The single tube S/P+ mods are sleek and sexy, I don't see how selling tubs for a reasonable price or including them in a $180 mod is such a hard thing. Not only would this help stock issues but it would simplify the growing number of mods on the Super T website. Why do people have to buy a completely new mod just to go from 18650 to 18350?

Again your only real competitor right now [taking into account build quality & production availability] got it right in this regard, I hope Super T considers the same business model.

A big part of the reason is that the individual precise plus tubes are finished and prepped to the remaining parts. You know how everything just seems like it's all part of the same single thing, instead of a collection of parts that can be put together? That's due to the individual attention to detail Super-T gives each Precise Plus unit that goes out the door. Take it from someone who has picked up extra tubes for a Precise plus in the past during the rare occasions they've gone up for sale. It's still a fantastic unit with spare parts put together, and is in line as far as quality is concerned to Super-T's closest competitors, but if you compare a Precise Plus with a "spare" tube to the original tube that came with it, it's not quite the same - and this is what set's the Precise Plus apart from other PV's. I'm speculating here, but I think this level of attention to detail, and pride in a "perfect" unit is why David has hesitated to offer spare tubes for the Precise Plus line.

This of course may all change now that the machining is done in house, since there has not been a run of Precise Pluses since that was outsourced.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I hate the tube gap/tube lock ring on the ELA mod [makes the mod look ugly IMO] which is why offering several tube sizes is a better option. Why do people have to buy a completely new mod just to go from 18650 to 18350?

I am just the opposite.... I love the gap on the ELA...makes the mod look unique IMO... Plus in 18490/Kicked mode the gap is where I hold the mod with my thumb/forefinger...gives you a secure area to grip.......:2c:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'm just patiently waiting for all the ELA's to ship so Super-T can re-stock the P+ and/or Simplicity. I've been stalking the website for months and following the ELA thread to see when it (the ELA) settles down. No doubt the ELA is a Super-Fine Super-T mod but I passed on it because (OK I might be wierd) I did not completely like the looks of it and if I was gonna spend that much money I'd want to be 100% happy with it function-wise and looks-wise.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm just patiently waiting for all the ELA's to ship so Super-T can re-stock the P+ and/or Simplicity. I've been stalking the website for months and following the ELA thread to see when it (the ELA) settles down. No doubt the ELA is a Super-Fine Super-T mod but I passed on it because (OK I might be wierd) I did not completely like the looks of it and if I was gonna spend that much money I'd want to be 100% happy with it function-wise and looks-wise.

You ain't strange.. Your like me. I want an 18350 P+ to complete my collection. And the ELA is supurb IMHO.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I would also love to pick up a P+ 18650 if they ever make it back in stock. I wish Super T would start selling tubes for the 18xxx mods so that people can swap them out to use different battery combinations. Atmomixani got it right with the Nemesis mod; give people the option to do several battery configurations with one mod. We pay enough for these things; why not give people options!?

We would if we could make them, but our demand vs our machine capacity doesn't allow us. Our machine runs non stop pretty much and we have trouble keeping up with just regular orders, let alone machining spare parts. What we need is another machine which we hope to bring in in the future. Rest assured, it isn't some evil plot to limit numbers like I always read customers posting about on all these specialty mods on the market.

Many customers just don't understand the machine times involved, especially on Super T Products. Theres more machine time in a PrecisePlus locking button then many mods have in the entire mod. Same with the PrecisePlus tube, it isn't just a straight thru tube if you look in there, it has a divider machined in. With a divider like that, it takes more time as it becomes what is called a two operation piece (meaning we first have to machine one side, then flip the parts and machine the other).

On the ELA, there are 14 parts, many of them with much more complex and necessarily precise tolerances needed then any mod on the market by far so it just takes a .... load of machine time.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
If you watch the video of the ELA being machined you can understand the time involved in just the tube alone. Lots going on with that CNC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had written what you just wrote last night except it took me so many words I cancelled it.
More videos on the website would be good.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
If you watch the video of the ELA being machined you can understand the time involved in just the tube alone. Lots going on with that CNC.

Wow that was impressive.....A solid piece of SS machined into a ELA body..... I am so glad I got in on the first and possibly only run of the ELA mod......... With all the steps needed to produce the ELA it was a steal @ $189.99............The initial offering price was so low that I almost feel guilty:facepalm:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Wow that was impressive.....A solid piece of SS machined into a ELA body..... I am so glad I got in on the first and possibly only run of the ELA mod......... With all the steps needed to produce the ELA it was a steal @ $189.99............The initial offering price was so low that I almost feel guilty:facepalm:

And I think the one you might have watched was actually brass for demonstration purposes. I remember David saying SS takes longer due to its hardness compared to brass.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
The only thing about CNC videos is that it demystifies the process. I would rather believe that there's sorcery involved or David sitting on a porch whittling them with a folding pen knife.

Sorry to disagree. You'd have to be a mighty wizard just to input the correct information into that monster.
I used to work in robotic's in a previous job. It still amazed me when I see all the different heads and tools being used on that CNC.
And I think the folding pen knife comes into play when he magically performs the finishing touches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Hi guys! I don't ever come here, because I am not a P Plus owner, but...

Yes, it is wonderful to have snork back!

I miss machine shops! I love machine shops! I should fly home, just to go play in a machine shop!

I grew up, with a small one in my basement. The things I made! I was a little 'business' girl, even then. Want to guess, what I was making and selling as a teen? :)

Many of my friends had machine shops. Big ones. Little ones. Once upon a time, I owned a small one.

The beauty, and the things you can do with metal!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread