• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What do birthdays have to do with anything? It's not important when you were born, but that you were born.
To me Earth Day is like celebrating the birth of the Earth...so it's birthday.....and just like Christmas they picked a day (it could have been any day) to celebrate it....
and so I am back to my original question.....why does this have to have something to do with the Earth's parents/creators???.....

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Well...I do consider birthdays a celebration of life...in my way of seeing things ..I could have been born anytime ...or place..but I wasn't...and that makes sense to me.....and thus follows..that,s all that matters..:rolleyes:...simplistic...but I wouldn't expect anyone else to understand my life,s journey...
To me Earth Day is like celebrating the birth of the Earth...so it's birthday.....and just like Christmas they picked a day (it could have been any day) to celebrate it....
and so I am back to my original question.....why does this have to have something to do with the Earth's parents/creators???.....
Actually, Christmas is a pagan celebration. Christ was not born in the month of December, nor did he practice mass. No one knows exactly when he was born, nor is it important. Easter is a pagan holiday as well.

As to your query on the "earths parents"... I suppose I neglected to include context. I should have simply asked if you are an earth worshipper? None of my business, just curious.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Actually, Christmas is a pagan celebration. Christ was not born in the month of December, nor did he practice mass. No one knows exactly when he was born, nor is it important. Easter is a pagan holiday as well.

As to your query on the "earths parents"... I suppose I neglected to include context. I should have simply asked if you are an earth worshipper? None of my business, just curious.
I know all that (you can go back to the last years posts...).............I have known for years why they chose Yule to be Christ's birthday or Ostara for his death.....they couldn't stop the pagans from celebrating the change of the earth's weather or the stars alignment....so they hijacked the days to try to make them forget the reasons.....

I think had you that question in the first place this conversation would have gone a whole different way......I don't think worship is the right word....I celebrate it as often as I can...Mother Earth is important to me (as it should be to everyone) because without her we wouldn't be alive....I do try to give back to her as often as I can...and I also try to leave a small footprint....
For me the Goddess and the God are known by many different names and are many different things......and way to much to go into in just 1 post....you can go back & read as there is lots of useful information here besides the tarot readings.....

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I know all that (you can go back to the last years posts...).............I have known for years why they chose Yule to be Christ's birthday or Ostara for his death.....they couldn't stop the pagans from celebrating the change of the earth's weather or the stars alignment....so they hijacked the days to try to make them forget the reasons.....

I think had you that question in the first place this conversation would have gone a whole different way......I don't think worship is the right word....I celebrate it as often as I can...Mother Earth is important to me (as it should be to everyone) because without her we wouldn't be alive....I do try to give back to her as often as I can...and I also try to leave a small footprint....
For me the Goddess and the God are known by many different names and are many different things......and way to much to go into in just 1 post....you can go back & read as there is lots of useful information here besides the tarot readings.....
Pagans intertwined their practices with Christianity to protect themselves from "pagan hunters" of the era. We see its graduated evolution today in the Catholic Church. I don't recall the name of the Pope, but he was key in introducing pagan practices to the church. Needless to say, he was not a follower Yeshua's (Jesus) teachings. There is much history on it. Catholicism is essentially a hybrid religion of Christianity and Paganism.

The earth is a biological machine, designed to sustain the physical life forms that were created from its elements. There is nothing humans can do that it cannot (will not) correct. Don't fall for the political scam of "climate change". This is nothing more than a cash extortion mechanism, devised to enrich the bank accounts of those who control the narrative. Even the most horrendous nuclear holocaust cannot destroy the planet. The earth would assimilate the pollutants, and make what ever corrections needed to reintroduce life. All that exists in the physical realm comes from the earth, and there is nothing that comes from the earth that can destroy it.

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pagans intertwined their practices with Christianity to protect themselves from "pagan hunters" of the era. We see its graduated evolution today in the Catholic Church. I don't recall the name of the Pope, but he was key in introducing pagan practices to the church. Needless to say, he was not a follower Yeshua's (Jesus) teachings. There is much history on it. Catholicism is essentially a hybrid religion of Christianity and Paganism.
I actually believe that the Christians hijacked the holidays from the wheel of the year, because they couldn't stop the pagans from celebrating them and so they decided to try to cover them up with their own made up holidays (so that the Roman leaders would believe that the priests/nuns had converted them).....

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I actually believe that the Christians hijacked the holidays from the wheel of the year, because they couldn't stop the pagans from celebrating them and so they decided to try to cover them up with their own made up holidays (so that the Roman leaders would believe that the priests/nuns had converted them).....
Pagan festivals and their respective holidays were in existence long before the advent of Christianity. Prior to the hybridization of the two religions, Christians did not celebrate Christmas, Easter, Ash Wednesday, etc... Per Hebrew law, adopting pagan practices to subvert pagan practices would be a paradox. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And you are not thinking in the context of the day...they did adopt many of the pagan rituals....just watch what they do in a catholic service.....so many of the things they do were not done till after some of the (supposed converted)pagans were allowed in....and added some of their rituals to it...
The holidays that Pagans practice can not be denied as they are based on what's happening on the Earth or with the stars....(ie: The Solstice's & the equinox's) they will happen whether you acknowledge them or not!!...so with that in mind, instead of allowing the pagans to practice in secret (something they couldn't stop), they decided to hijack them and try to turn them into a christian event (to look good for their superiors & show that they have converted them) .....Remember they relied so much on the people in charge of the area...and had to take their word for what was going on in that area...so as long as nobody(outsiders) saw them practicing paganism they could say that they are all converted and nobody could argue with them.......
5f0036c1d7e91c1b90bff61c3334b0e4.jpg

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Interesting perspective. Although some Christian sects don't accept or condone the practice of celebrating the Yuletide season, I love it! Christmas is my favorite time of the year! My birthday is so close to Christmas that I think I may have been cheated a bit on gifts... Ha! The seasonal movies are awesome as well. Ben-Hur (starring Charlton Heston) is my all-time favorite. The three kings as they watch the star of Bethlehem positions itself over the stable is epic!

As a former practitioner of high magic, I'm not as well versed in Wiccan folk observances... Christmas only.

Last edited:
Reactions: liblue1

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well as I said..Yule just is!!!....accept it or not!!! Summer, Autumn, Ostara & Samhain all just are....the times of the year come & go.....they don't care if you believe or not.....they will continue no matter what your beliefs.....The sun rises, the months & seasons pass....you can go out there & live it or hide under the covers....no matter what they will still come!!!.....

Reactions: jcoopercam

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Please enlighten me as to your high magic?....where/how did you practice?
It is based on words and practices, though the practices are unnecessary beyond a certain point. I prefer not to discuss the topic in-depth. Magic on that level is nothing to fool with, and can subject you to forces of which your mind cannot reconcile.

The most powerful "magic" is found within the texts of the Holy Bible. Think of it as 100% pure energy! No byproducts or fillers... :)

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is a Purification/Cleansing ritual for the Summer Solstice:

The first step is to remove any negative thoughts you are holding on to. Write down your negative feelings on paper and then release them by burning them to ash in a safe container.

The second step is to remove negative energy from the home. In order to do this, bundle rosemary and white sage together with white thread and dip the tips into a bowl of spring water and sprinkle about the house to remove negativity and cleanse and purify.

The third step is to purify and cleanse your body and energy fields. Take a shower and while doing so, visualize the water washing your negative energy away and cleansing you. Here is the ritual to say while the water is on you in the shower. Begin by taking three deep breathes, breathing deeply to inhale and removing any stagnant energy when exhaling.

Then say aloud:

Mother Earth grounds me (earth)
This deep breath restores me (air)
The rays of Father Sun nourish me. (fire)
This pure water renews me. (water)
I am filled with Pure Light as I journey forward. (spirit)

Touch your forehead and say…
Let my mind open to the truth. (divine wisdom)

Touch your lips and say….
Let my lips speak the truth. (divine communication)

Touch your heart area and say:
Let my heart seek the ways of pure love, now and always. (divine love)

Touch each palm and say:
Let my hands be gifted to work in healing ways. (divine touch)

Touch the sole of each foot and say:
Let my feet ever walk upon the sacred path. (divine journey)

Exit the shower, wrap yourself up in a robe and find a comfortable place to sit. Light a candle and drink some spring water. When comfortable, begin a 15 minute meditation, asking for your guides to join you and share with you a message they have for you this night.

Change Your Destiny and See the Fairies on Summer Solstice | Explore Your Spirit with Kala

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is some of what else I will be doing in my ritual.Tuesday evening 7 PM Pacific time -10 PM after the sun sets......I have some special bubbles that I intend to use...but that will be done earlier in the day.....
Lots of good ideas here....so do what you feel comfortable with...but above all CELEBRATE!!!
Celebrating the Summer Solstice: A Fairy Ritual for Midsummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread