• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There is a man sitting with nine cups above him, then two ladies are smiling holding three cups. Poor people look up five stars and a swords in the window, lots of spears; eight in fact. A family rejoices, the rainbow cups fill the air; the King of Pentacles sits. A Young man sits at a tree, the cloud brings a cup, Queen of Swords. Someone fallen? many swords, one below. a man stands one hand one that staff "spear" two more behind him.

Good news as I read it; but would love your input @liblue1
:):)
So lets see.....I am not even sure if these are the right cards I am seeing....
9 cups & 3 Cups.........lots of emotion...Celebration of accomplishments...
not sure of this one...5 swords...& 8 wands(spears)....Regretful for loss and maybe considering bad idea...
10 Cups (I believe) & King of Pentacles is rejoice/happiness in material things.....
4 cups & Queen of Swords is to be watchful for another gift(idea) and to see both sides of the situation....
10 Swords & 3 Wands (?) is the worst is over (new start) and to search for a new way....

check them out the link you sent me with each card and read what it says.....count the cups/wands/pentacles/swords and go to that one.......it took me years of studying/reading and learning each card with all the images included by the artist to really get the point.....(another reason I like the Sacred Circle Tarot cards, they give a short(1 word) meaning on each card a good deck to start with to help you learn one meaning of them)...

Last edited:
Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My card for the day is VIII.....it's one of my favorites...... in some decks it is number XII
in either case it's Strength......
fd29fc79413565a3dc57c2743de4637f.jpg

The Strength Tarot card represents strength, determination, and power in a manner similar to the Chariot. However, the differences between the two Tarot cards are obvious. Where the Chariot represents outer strength and will, the Strength card represents inner strength and the power of the human spirit to overcome any obstacle. The meaning of the Strength Tarot card is about knowing that you can endure life’s obstacles by drawing upon your inner strength and confidence. You have great stamina and persistence, tempered by an underlying patience and inner calm. You are focused on what you need to do, and you go about it in a way that demonstrates great composure and maturity.
The Strength Tarot card also reflects a compassionate approach. You are like the woman in this card who offers love and patience to the ferocious lion in order to be able to tame him. You give others space and you are tolerant of their needs. You are accepting and can easily forgive any imperfections. In doing this, you create a safe and trusting environment where you can then gently influence others. This demonstrates a level of ‘soft’ control, persuading and coaxing others to your way of thinking.
The qualities of Strength Tarot card are already in you, waiting to appear once you have mastered all your raw, foundational emotions and when you are ready to move on to the spiritual tasks that lie ahead. Its main lesson is that emotions must be transcended if spiritual wisdom and intuition are to be awakened. Your inner voice is often drowned out by the constant noise of emotion and preoccupation with fear. Only once you have eliminated these raw emotions can you begin to create the silence you need. So conquer your fears, control your impulses, and never lose patience with yourself or what you are doing. Eventually you will see the wisdom of letting go of your lower self. The Strength archetype teaches you that you have the strength to tame the beasts within yourself. Meditating on this card can assist your process of honouring and experiencing the inherent strength that is within your nature.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
what do you guys think of my Herkimer diamond?
I love quartz crystals. But I have never figured out why retail shops charge so much for these. (Definition for those who do not know: "Herkimer diamond" is a generic name for a double-terminated quartz crystal discovered within exposed outcrops of dolostone in and around Herkimer County, New York and the Mohawk River Valley. The first discovery sites of these quartz crystals were actually in the village of Middleville and in the city of Little Falls, respectively, so these crystals are also known as a "Middleville diamond" or "Little Falls diamond" - even though they are in no way actual diamonds.) Anyway, because they are such slow growing crystals and most are very clear and "pure," pagan use is high because of the belief that they contain a great deal of energy and healing qualities.

(the red words are links to Wikipedia for those who want to do more reading on these gorgeous crystals and their origins)

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is something of interest.....
This one is a good place to start....She seems to have a lot in common with me and I have watched most of her other videos....she covers a lot of items about Wicca & IMHO it's a great place to start.......or even as a reminder....
She began covering all the cards....but hasn't finished yet...you should check out all her videos...I like her because she is low key and easy to understand.....

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
I love quartz crystals. But I have never figured out why retail shops charge so much for these. (Definition for those who do not know: "Herkimer diamond" is a generic name for a double-terminated quartz crystal discovered within exposed outcrops of dolostone in and around Herkimer County, New York and the Mohawk River Valley. The first discovery sites of these quartz crystals were actually in the village of Middleville and in the city of Little Falls, respectively, so these crystals are also known as a "Middleville diamond" or "Little Falls diamond" - even though they are in no way actual diamonds.) Anyway, because they are such slow growing crystals and most are very clear and "pure," pagan use is high because of the belief that they contain a great deal of energy and healing qualities.

(the red words are links to Wikipedia for those who want to do more reading on these gorgeous crystals and their origins)
Also mining these is hard work done by lots of people like me sweating out in the rock field all day .[emoji12]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also mining these is hard work done by lots of people like me sweating out in the rock field all day .[emoji12]

Do you have any that you have found(worked hard for) available for sale?

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If anyone is interested in Numerology.....here is where I would go.....
I have been following here for a long time(at least 10 years) and it's amazing how it really works.....very accurate....
when you see how different the numbers are in the descriptions and yet your number seems to fit.....
Glynis Has Your Number

Oh and read the power of #8
"I pay my bills with ease, and I always have extra money"
It really does work.....

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just to put it out there.....
When I was starting on my path I studied many Gods & Goddesses(in part to find the one that I could relate closest to).....at The new year (Samhain) I would choose one & do all the research I could through books mostly (not much was on the internet) for a whole year.......after about the 3 year I discovered that all the Gods for every region (Greek/Egypt/Roman...etc) have the same traits....in other words Dionysus is Bacchus.........there is an equivalent in each religion.....with many of the same stories...here is 1 example....
Dionysus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Another thing to put out on the table...
Totem Animals or Animal spirit guides....
I didn't exactly choose mine...they found me....(I guess I was destined to be a teacher)..(I do have more than one)...and Yes the Owl is one.... my #1 as a matter of fact.....He came to me in a dream and showed me things I could have never even imagined.....
If something has chosen you you can find out more here....
Animal Totems and Animal Symbolism

Owl Meanings in the Realms of Animal Symbolism
The owl is sacred to the Greek goddess of learning, Athena and is even depicted on some Greco-Roman currency as asymbol of status, intelligence and of course, wealth.
In ancient Egyptian, Celtic, and Hindu cultures the symbolic meaning of owl revolved around guardianship of the underworlds, and a protection of the dead.
In this light the owl was ruler of the night and seer of souls. A misunderstanding of this necessary relationship gave the owl some negative associations with death.
It should be clear that the owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld - winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.
Being aware of the owl's symbolic meanings is a good way to connect with this fascinating creatures, and also become more in-tune with the owl's wisdom.
A Quick-List of Symbolic Owl Meanings:
  • Wisdom
  • Mystery
  • Transition
  • Mysticism
  • Protection
  • Secrets
Native Americans associated the meaning of owl with wisdom, foresight, and keeper of sacred knowledge. This may largely be due to the fact that the owl is a great foreteller of weather conditions. Also its ability to see at night is legend among the Native Americans, and this attribute would be invoked during ceremonies when an oracle of secret knowledge was required.
Similarly, West African and Aboriginal Australian cultures viewed the owl as a messenger of secrets, kin to sorcerers, as well as companions to seers, mystics and medicine people.
During medieval times in western and central Europe it was fabled that owls were actually priestesses (witches) and wizards in disguise. To this day the owl is considered a witch's familiar (an animal soul-spirit linked to a spiritual person via a unique, communicative bond).
The owl is a creature of the night. It's important to note the symbolism of nocturnal creatures because night-time proclivities have specific philosophical meanings. Combine the following nocturnal symbolic meanings with that of the owl for a broader interpretation.
Nocturnal Animal Symbolism Includes:
  • Dreams
  • Shadows
  • Otherworldliness
  • Secret knowledge
  • Psychic awareness
When we connect with the owl in its own environment, and according to its way of life, it helps in deciphering the messages the owl has for us. Why? Because owls and all creatures of the animal realm are pure energy, and they come from a place of wholeness. As such, they communicate in a unified voice. They speak in the language of the trees, the wind, the moon, the sky, etc. Learning the owl's habitat is a great way to learn her language, and more clearly understand her voice when she chortles in our spiritual ears.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't have any I'd like to keep the ones I have now. But next Summer I hope to find some more and I post any to sell.

Please keep me in mind if/when you do.....I would love to have one found in a better manor than some I have now..Thank you....

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Here is something of interest.....
This one is a good place to start....She seems to have a lot in common with me and I have watched most of her other videos....she covers a lot of items about Wicca & IMHO it's a great place to start.......or even as a reminder....
She began covering all the cards....but hasn't finished yet...you should check out all her videos...I like her because she is low key and easy to understand.....

It is this very video I watched, which is why I pull so many cards in a sitting. I like your idea as well, one a day; unless there is a question. I have lots. Hey 8 is my number.
;)

Reactions: liblue1

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Lots of good stuff that resonated with me, @liblue1 . Thanks.
So this real Life cat of mine that just shows up out of nowhere ...climbs on my lap, as if we've known each other for years ...
From the link..
Animal Symbolism: Meaning of the Cat
As an ancient symbolic Celtic animal, the cat represents the guardian of the Otherworld (or Underworld, depending which texts you read from various regions). Here the cat was also considered a guardian of homes and a symbol of domestic goodness.
Cats themselves are quite resourceful and tend to give us messages of change, flexibility of adaptability. Often, when a cat makes an uncommon appearance in our lives it is a message for us to shake up our habitual routines and make some fresh changes in our lives, as well as be more flexible in our thinking.

Cats can also be quite aloof, and this too is often a message for us to distance ourselves from people or situations. Sometimes the best cure for a problem is to step away from it - the cat inherently realizes this, and we would be wise to recognize this need as well.

The cat beckons us to realize that when we turn within to our own hearts, minds and souls, and trust in ourselves we will always be shown the truth of matters."

Wow ...very interesting.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Cats themselves are quite resourceful and tend to give us messages of change, flexibility of adaptability. Often, when a cat makes an uncommon appearance in our lives it is a message for us to shake up our habitual routines and make some fresh changes in our lives, as well as be more flexible in our thinking.

This is exactly how it's happened in my life, and my family's. A starving bedraggled tuxedo kitten turned up on our carport in the summer of 2011, when we were facing the possibility of being homeless, and how we were going to respond to that threat was very much up for debate -- we threw the dice and did what we had to, and ended up buying our first home ever, in the 24 yrs that we had then been married -- the house we bought was actually built in the year we got married. :D And the name of the street is "Providence." That seemed quite auspicious, and we have been loving our home ever since -- with our beautiful and no longer bedraggled tuxedo cat, who forced me to submit to the idea of daily Zyrtec, as I've had a dreadful cat allergy my whole life, though I've always been attracted to cats -- just couldn't touch them or be around them at all! She's worth the daily antihistamine. :D And life has improved by leaps and bounds since 2011... not least at all, I managed to quit smoking after 39 yrs of it, a true miracle! :thumb:

tuxie-onthecouch.jpg

Andria

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
wow... @AndriaD ..that's an amazing story! So glad things turned out well.
Funny thing tho ..your tuxedo kitty looks almost EXACTLY like mine! :shock:...right down to the white whiskers and heart on (his) chest! Does she also have lil white boots with black tips? ..what I call "holes in their shoes" :rolleyes:
Wonder if heaven has a legion of tuxedo kitties at the ready to be sent out in times of peril..

Reactions: liblue1

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
wow... @AndriaD ..that's an amazing story! So glad things turned out well.
Funny thing tho ..your tuxedo kitty looks almost EXACTLY like mine! :shock:...right down to the white whiskers and heart on (his) chest! Does she also have lil white boots with black tips? ..what I call "holes in their shoes" :rolleyes:
Wonder if heaven has a legion of tuxedo kitties at the ready to be sent out in times of peril..

She has one white back paw, with black "toes"... (it looks like a white rabbit's foot!) and a couple of her other paws have white "toes"... and a white stripe down her belly, like the edge of a white shirt peeking out of a tuxedo. :D I just love those white whiskers. :) She's being her usual frisky evening self right now, badgering to go out in the garage, though it's much too cold tonight even with the space heater running out there -- in fact I didn't let her out today at all, it never got out of the 30s all day. I won't let her outside till the temp is over 40. Last winter we let her experience some snow, very briefly... she was picking up her paws like "eewww", and then ran back inside. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread