Painting my gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
I did a search on the forums for painting my gear, but I did not find anything regarding the quality or type of paint.

I have a Maraxus mechanical mod and a protank II which I've been using for the past year. The paint is fading, and I'd like to spruce it up a bit. I am tossing around the idea of painting the externals. Obviously I wouldn't paint the connecting threads, internals, or the air holes.

There's a guy I know that works at local bike shop. He does powder coating on bikes, tanks and frames. He said he could do the pro-tank and most of the Maraxus, but he's skeptical of the bottom button. There is a piece of plastic and a spring which insulates the connection. Is this a serviceable part? Meaning: can I disassemble it prior to sticking it in the kiln. He didn't want to touch it. He also said, "hi-temp" spray paint might work. Some spray paints even have a texture to them???

Any idea on painting procedures?

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
if I "high temp spray paint", it'll be
gloss black and deep garnet or
black chrome and gold, or
if I powder coat it,
black chrome and copper vein or
royal blue metallic and hyper-gloss black.

I'm looking for an extreme contrast.
I'm leaning towards the deep garnet and gloss black high temp spray paint.
Mostly because I'm still not sure if I can tear apart the bottom button of the Maraxus for powder coating.

Last edited:

switchbox

Jan 15, 2011
oklahoma
I own a hydrographics company in OKC. I have had pretty good luck using automotive paint and clear. And with hydrodipping there are TONS of options.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread