• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Paranormal Activity??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
SAY WHAT????????????????? Science wasn't my long suit and multi dimensions......I don't watch Fringe. I used to watch Star Trek.....all of them except Voyager. I never could get into that one. Husband liked Enterprise. Love the new movie and am looking forward to the next ones, but I'm not into the physics parts. I just watch it for R & R. It's fun.

Demons......I've seen one. My husband has seen one and another time one scratched his face when he was angry. My mom saw one in the middle of the night. They are real. Make no mistake. And from time to time, I see shadows out of the corner of my eye. They don't scare or unnerve me. I've started rebuking them. I've seen then for years. I've had one of my cats scratch me to get down, hissing as I was walking into a dark bathroom.

The big hook is dabbling into the unknown as exciting and fun! Look at all the vampire teen movies.....werewolves.....growing in popularity. Goth styles. satan is on the prowl with our young and parents aren't equipped to handle it because you can only battle it with the Spirit of God! You have to take, through Jesus, Kingdom Authority! Clean your household - spiritually! Rebuke and take back the authority of your domain. You have the power to do so. But if the parents aren't saved, things happen like Columbine.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Fear not you are keeping up great! We just found a place we don't agree and it opens the door for debate.

On this side of Heaven it might be boring if we all knew exactly the same stuff in it's entirety. (God gives to everyone but not all the same to all).

Think of the joke about the comedians convention where a member brought a friend. There they are, one man stands up and shouts 124! and everyone starts laughing. Another man stands and shouts 263! and they roar even louder. The members friend asks what is going on? He is told that everyone knows all of the jokes and they are numbred for easy reference. The visitor stands up and excitedly shouts 78! And nobody laughed. He asked his friend what was wrong and was told, "Your timing was off".

If we all knew it all then we could just shout LUKE 21:39! And we would all say YA! AMEN! (Except for those who know that verse).

Common ground is good, we have much to share and rejoice about.
Uncommon ground is good, we have much to learn from each other.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm wondering what you might be getting at? Is it that by "whole world", John means everyone else. Is it possible that you are inferring that we are doomed and have no power or authority here on earth? Perhaps you are saying that God has no control over the world and the "evil one" has all of the power. See it doesn't really help unless you say what you think it means. ;)

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Of God.- out of God, from God.
Being begotten of Him we are His offspring. Cf: 3:10; 4:6.
The wicked one (in wickedness) [the evil one].
In Satan, the prince of this world, the ruler of its citizens. Cf: Eph 2:2; 1 Pet 5:8; Eph 6:11; Col 1:13.

I was doing a prison visit once and talking to a man who was doing some Bible study. He asked, "why would a loving God pit Satan against man"? He said, "if He/God didn't want him in heaven why would He send him here to torment the weak and frail"?

Last edited:

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I'm wondering what you might be getting at? Is it that by "whole world", John means everyone else. Is it possible that you are inferring that we are doomed and have no power or authority here on earth? Perhaps you are saying that God has no control over the world and the "evil one" has all of the power. See it doesn't really help unless you say what you think it means. ;)

:pop: :pop: :pop:

Extra butter added....Everyone welcome to join in the fun!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
SAY WHAT????????????????? Science wasn't my long suit and multi dimensions......I don't watch Fringe. I used to watch Star Trek.....all of them except Voyager. I never could get into that one. Husband liked Enterprise. Love the new movie and am looking forward to the next ones, but I'm not into the physics parts. I just watch it for R & R. It's fun.

Demons......I've seen one. My husband has seen one and another time one scratched his face when he was angry. My mom saw one in the middle of the night. They are real. Make no mistake. And from time to time, I see shadows out of the corner of my eye. They don't scare or unnerve me. I've started rebuking them. I've seen then for years. I've had one of my cats scratch me to get down, hissing as I was walking into a dark bathroom.

The big hook is dabbling into the unknown as exciting and fun! Look at all the vampire teen movies.....werewolves.....growing in popularity. Goth styles. satan is on the prowl with our young and parents aren't equipped to handle it because you can only battle it with the Spirit of God! You have to take, through Jesus, Kingdom Authority! Clean your household - spiritually! Rebuke and take back the authority of your domain. You have the power to do so. But if the parents aren't saved, things happen like Columbine.

This summed it up for me.. (lol)

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Posted by eHuman: Food for thought:

1 John 5:19
We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Ahhh grasshopper! But my mission was to spark thought. Not by what I would add to it, but by what the scripture itself speaks to you.

Prov 21:16
A man who wanders from the way of understanding Will "rest" in the assembly of the dead.

The word "rest" above is the Hebrew word nuwach — to "become comfortable and at ease with".
The word "dead" above is the Hebrew word rapha' — ghosts of the dead, shades, spirits
There are other words used for "dead" that represent the lifeless or extinguished body, this for ghostly or spirit-ly apparitions or manifestations.

My reading — If we stray from the wisdom of God then we will become comfortable and comforted by/with ghosts.

Satan has had a very long time to desensitize society to the truth. He's in it for the "short game" for the souls of man, but also for the "long game" for the destruction of truth. (Makes his short game easier).

"What are you getting at eHuman?"
The Old Testament and Early Church Fathers understood "ghosts". Their responses were prayer, avoidance, distaste, un-ease-with.

So that "whatever" it is that ghosts end up being in reality, they are not meant to walk and interface with man - God's decree.

So many years later our response is curiosity, intrigue, peace, at-ease-with.

A careful study of the Word will reveal that ALL souls of men go to specific places when they leave our mortal bodies, they do not linger or hang around. But yet we "see" them non the less?!

Gnosis is born out of man's attempt to understand that which he does not, after all reasonable searching has been exhausted. At the very least the Bible paints this and other activities as foreboding, unnatural and dark. In order to exercise curiosity to become at peace, we must first "not know", or "turn away from" how God's Word deals with, ghosts, the occult, witchcraft, divination, seers, astrology. etc, etc, etc.

All pseudo-sciences to explain and handle and become comfortable and familiar with things that are dark.

Last edited:

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Gnosis is born out of man's attempt to understand that which he does not, after all reasonable searching has been exhausted. At the very least the Bible paints this and other activities as foreboding, unnatural and dark. In order to exercise curiosity to become at peace, we must first "not know", or "turn away from" how God's Word deals with, ghosts, the occult, witchcraft, divination, seers, astrology. etc, etc, etc.

All pseudo-sciences to explain and handle and become comfortable and familiar with things that are dark.

+1
It is absolute fact that Gnosis lead to the 1st real challenge to the integrity of God's established church. It is also a proven fact that it is evil and heretical.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
There are two generic classes that fall under it in my observation;

1. Those who knowingly defame the truth for their own purposes (See the writings of Jesus (through the gospels), Paul, James, Peter, and John).
2. Those who unknowingly believe and follow the lie.

Although the motives and heart behind the two are vastly different the result is the same, the propagation of a lie.

One either knows the truth and ignores it, or fails to find or fails to care about the truth and fabricates his own.
The other is often guilty of not seeking for it in the first place, or, surrounding themselves with people who will tickle their itching ears.

A desire to know and follow the truth, coupled with being saturated in Gods word through self, group, AND corporate study is necessary to battle it. Let's not leave out God here.

Most non believers are perplexed because there is so much out there to believe from that they don't know what is the right way. And there is so much variation found inside of Christianity itself that it becomes the most confusing of them all.

Yes Satan has been at work for a long time and has enjoyed much success. But God.

I thank God for opening my eyes because I was once just like the rest following my own Gnosis.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Regardless of the balance of intentional/unintentional, people are ultimately responsible for seeking truth. Our attendance for Bible study drops 55-60% from the worship service. People, instead of asking what can I do for God today, ask how little can I do or what can I get away with and still go to heaven? There is little nobility in study in accordance with the trend. The percentages of those who do show up falls even more when asked to produce a Bible for the study of which about 50% will have the book. People are complacent by the very works of Satan that you have mentioned. Often times salvation is based upon church association with little regard for the truth of God's word. When we begin to lose the thirst for truth we have ourselves some serious issues. Not many are thirsty anymore.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ahhh grasshopper! But my mission was to spark thought. Not by what I would add to it, but by what the scripture itself speaks to you.

Yeah, I get that. But since this thread is about a particular subject and that single scripture could be applied in any number of ways... I thought it prudent to ask. To use a reference from another movie... "Feel the Force, Luke!". (I don't know if that applies to anything but it's always fun to say.)

My difficulty is with the use of explanations about Greek and Hebrew meanings and how they support what you think. And while they MAY support your thoughts, they COULD also support any number of other thoughts. Some scripture gives us absolutes. I agree with that. But the use of scripture to support personal beliefs is what leads us into habitual practice of Prov 21:16. The inferance is that if one doesn't apply wisdom as you see it, then it is diverting from God's wisdom. For me.... that just doesn't wash.

It is human nature to tie everything up with a bow. That same human nature is what continuously becons us to return to the law, rules that circumvent relationship w/ God ... and it even leads us to create new laws. Law is about control and judgement. But we are not under the law. The law brings condemnation and death. Grace brings life.

Your point about straying from the wisdom of God is certainly valid ... To imply that it fits with what the old testament or early church fathers may or may not have felt about ghosts is quite a stretch.

That is to assume that
a) we know absolutely what the fathers thought,
b) that what they thought was correct, and
c) that the evidence we may have regarding their thoughts applies to a much larger topic than what they specifically may have commented on.

The fathers were far from accurate in a lot of their beliefs. Paul wrote most of his letters to correct their often absurd practices. Documentation (if it exists) about what they may have thought doesn't really hold any water. It is interesting and it is worth studying... but it is not infallible.

We can always use scriptures warning us against diverting from the "path" as if they applied to what someone else believes, implying that "they" are in danger of leaving that righteous path. It's a great argument to get someone else to shut up.

In it's simplest form... my point is ... Lots of things are possible. It isn't mandatory that we know or judge. AND... we don't need to be afraid.

Last edited:

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
(Response to SG's last post)

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;

LOL..agreed but that doesn't help us change the neglectful attitude of the masses.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are two generic classes that fall under it in my observation;
1. Those who knowingly defame the truth for their own purposes (See the writings of Jesus (through the gospels), Paul, James, Peter, and John).
2. Those who unknowingly believe and follow the lie.
Although the motives and heart behind the two are vastly different the result is the same, the propagation of a lie.
One either knows the truth and ignores it, or fails to find or fails to care about the truth and fabricates his own.
The other is often guilty of not seeking for it in the first place, or, surrounding themselves with people who will tickle their itching ears.

A desire to know and follow the truth, coupled with being saturated in Gods word through self, group, AND corporate study is necessary to battle it. Let's not leave out God here.

Most non believers are perplexed because there is so much out there to believe from that they don't know what is the right way. And there is so much variation found inside of Christianity itself that it becomes the most confusing of them all.

Yes Satan has been at work for a long time and has enjoyed much success. But God.

I thank God for opening my eyes because I was once just like the rest following my own Gnosis.

Wow... that sure sounds spiritual... all nice and tidy and wrapped with a bow. But again, you imply that if someone doesn't believe the way you do, then they are either knowingly defaming the truth (as you see it) or ignorant... "following their own Gnosis".

What intruigues me is that you give no mention of relationship. No mention of having relationship with God and allowing the Holy Spirit to lead you into Truth. No mention of walking in relationship, allowing ourselves to be ministered to by the Holy Spirit.

Truth doesn't come from studying the Bible. Inumerable folks have studied the Bible with little or no revelation. Truth comes from the Holy Spirit as we seek relationship with God. A lot of that comes from studying the Bible. Jesus came so that the Word would be fulfilled and "written on our hearts". But we treat the Bible as if it is our source of revelation. Perhaps we are close to worshipping the creation rather than the creator.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Truth doesn't come from studying the Bible. Inumerable folks have studied the Bible with little or no revelation. Truth comes from the Holy Spirit as we seek relationship with God. A lot of that comes from studying the Bible. Jesus came so that the Word would be fulfilled and "written on our hearts". But we treat the Bible as if it is our source of revelation. Perhaps we are close to worshipping the creation rather than the creator.

Yes, that's true. The Bible is just a part the equation. The heart condition of the reader is more important. Reading the Bible with a hardened heart will produce zero results. Even satan knows his Bible.

Prayer for understanding and guidance, an honest and humble heart that yearns to serve God, and then the Bible will yield results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread