Passthrough issues (901 atty, 501 w/adapter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaotter

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Central coast of California
Couple questions:

I use the Kensington power-pack battery with DSE-901 manual passthrough. Works great. I have two Kensingtons, so if one needs to be charged, I just switch to the other which is fully charged.

Sometimes when I plug the passthrough into the other Kensington, the passthrough quits working. When I push the button, it only flashes at me. If I push the button without the atomizer, it lights up fine. When I put the atomizer back on and push the button, it just flashes.

What is causing this and what can I do about it? It's very frustrating. The problem goes away by itself but it takes time, and while I'm waiting, I'm e-cig-less!

Next question: It also does this flashing thing if I try to use a low-res 501 atomizer with adapter on the passthrough. Is this setup just incompatible with the passthrough and/or Kensington?

Hope these questions make sense. Any help appreciated!

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I am having this exact same problem, and I have been Digging through the forum for answers. In my search, many people have also had this issue. From what I can gather, it is a connectivity issue with the attys. not every atty will work on a given passthrough due to small variances in manufacturing. The 'cure' is to find an atty that will work with the passthrough and leave it on there. I have also seen using a staple modified to make the atty and the PT connect better. I have not had as much success with that as I'd hoped, but I am not good with this sort of tinkering, so ymmv.

seaotter

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
Central coast of California
This is what's so mysterious: The atty/passthrough will be working fine, until I unplug it and plug it into a fresh charged Kensington. Then push the button to take a puff, and it just blinks at me and won't work. It's the same atty on the same passthrough! I don't even touch the atty, or any of the passthrough except the plug-end.

It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be very frustrating. This is with a 901 atty on a 901 passthrough.

The 501 atty on a 901 passthrough (with adapter) does the blinky thing every time, and it never works.

What do you do with the staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread