PCC danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMBKJ

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I ordered a charging case for the KR808D-1. The lights didn't work properly; I exchanged it. Got the exchange, it behaves the same way - the green light never comes on. I thought well F it. I'll toss it in the car as a backup and hope it works in a time of emergency with a prayer or two tossed in. So it's been sitting on my nightstand since last night. It's 1 pm and I smell burning plastic. The PCC melted the LED tip off the battery. I am really getting sick of all the wasted money. That was 30 bucks down the drain along with an 18 dollar batt. Disgusting. (vent, vent)

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
Aww....thats no good. I would return it again.Send them all their melted plastic back....lol.Was the battery pluged into the pcc case as it went up in smoke?I know that they tell you not to leave the battery pluged in to long.Once the battery is charged you must unscrew the battery or it can damage the pcc and the battery. When I am charging my pcc and have a battery screwed into it at the same time, i always hear this high pitch humming sound comming from the pcc.But if theres no battery then the sound goes away.Kinda makes me scared that the pcc is going to blow up or something.

Im sorry this happend to you....and I would send it back.

AMBKJ

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Okay I just had a Winston Light and it sure tasted awful. But I'm calmer.
Well geez. The case didn't come with any warnings or instructions. I've read in the forum that it's okay to leave a charged batt in the wall charger or usb charger without harm; I figured its the same with the case. (I don't claim to be real bright...) I did not hear any humming sound. I'm just PO'd. Not at the vendor, but at the product manufacturer. Whoever the heck that may be. Well I hope they'll refund me; we'll see.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
if that was a V4L purchase they'll probably give you a refund.

yeah, it does cost some money to find the right equipment...

check out those classifieds. I picked up an almost new V3 yesterday for 35.00 including an atty and the passthrough. now I have 3 ego sets, 2 V4L sets, 3 mods... oh well.... thank god I won the lottery yesterday...

you can grab a box mod for 10 or 15. if you are lucky...

AMBKJ

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Yes $30 and naturally it was AFTER I ordered (along with a bunch of other stuff) that I saw it was much cheaper other places.

Well, I was asked to put another battery in and see if it fries before I can get a refund. Ahem. I replied I cannot do such a thing. And, then, no response.
This company/person is a darling of the ECF so I'm really quite disppointed.

mondotoker760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Escondido/North county San Diego CA
Well, I was asked to put another battery in and see if it fries before I can get a refund. Ahem. I replied I cannot do such a thing. And, then, no response.
This company/person is a darling of the ECF so I'm really quite disppointed.

Let me get this straight....They want you to fry another battery? I wouldnt do that you could possibly damage more stuff and hurt yourself. If the pcc is faulty and catches fire and burns your house down are they going to replace that to?What if you get hurt are they going to pay your med bills? I dont think so.

Where did you buy this pcc?

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Hmmm... I'm sitting here wondering how they expect you to try charging another battery into a unit that has melted one already.

I'm not familiar with that charger, but I would NOT use it again. Unplug it and forget about it and don't risk possible damage to you or your home. Just keep talking with the vendor and if you are not satisfied, post your displeasure in the appropriate vendor forum or here so others can be aware and forewarned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread