• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pet Parents---Show Off Your Child!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
Looks like a Full House for Survivors Mom and Honigschmidt. I must admit that I only have enough energy to keep up with one!!! :laugh:

Survivors Mom did you fly them all (one at a time) to Texas in the plane?

They do tire me out some days for sure! :)

No, Karma is my only world traveler. She was on death row in a shelter in NC when I saw a rescue group's posting for her. I was able to talk the shelter into holding her while the rescue group and I worked to get her to Texas. Pilots 'n Paws answered my prayers and stepped in. It took 4 car trips and 3 private plane rides for her to make it home with me... an amazing story for an amazing girl! She was very dog aggressive when she came to me but we all (the dogs, Karma and myself) worked very hard and now she's a vital member of the family and loves all of her brothers and sisters.

I rescued two of the others from area shelters, took one that needed a home due to a family death, and two I took out of an abusive home. And the kitty came to live with us when his elderly mom had to move in with family and he had no place to go.

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

No, Karma is my only world traveler. She was on death row in a shelter in NC when I saw a rescue group's posting for her. I was able to talk the shelter into holding her while the rescue group and I worked to get her to Texas. Pilots 'n Paws answered my prayers and stepped in. It took 4 car trips and 3 private plane rides for her to make it home with me... an amazing story for an amazing girl! She was very dog aggressive when she came to me but we all (the dogs, Karma and myself) worked very hard and now she's a vital member of the family and loves all of her brothers and sisters.

I rescued two of the others from area shelters, took one that needed a home due to a family death, and two I took out of an abusive home. And the kitty came to live with us when his elderly mom had to move in with family and he had no place to go.

Are you still into rescue---I applaud you if you are!!!

I actually started a thread here in the Pet's forum for rescues and you are more than welcome to use it. Or start another to fit your needs. If it saved one animal than it's worth the effort!!!!!!!!!!

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
See there? I didn't even know there was a Pet's forum! That'll probably be my new home now. :)

I've been rescuing for years. When I moved to a small town several years ago it became more just rescuing my personal dogs due to lack of people willing to foster and/or adopt. i'm a major foster failure myself so I had to stop myself, only due to room and finances. BUT... I recently purchased a small bit of land and future plans are to build a small rescue primarily for pit bull type dogs, the world's most misunderstood breed. It'll be a few years down the road but that's what I want to do. The Vicktory Dogs are SO my heroes and they've all inspired me to do more for the breed.

eta: I just realized this is in the Pet's forum... duh! I followed someone elses link to get here and never even noticed!

Last edited:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Survivor......Love all your kids....thanks for sharing :)

Honigschmidt.....the guinea's are so cute!!!

You are an awesome person for taking in those poor animals!!

jj2......I have another Buddy......we are sitting for my nieces two dogs Buddy a dachshund and Maggie a Yorkie/Poodle. I will have to post pics. Buddy is over weight and gets annoyed with us because we don't drop food on the floor during dinner like the girls do.....LOL

Jibboolie

Oct 28, 2011
Alpharetta, GA
Riley ~ my Mini Schnauzer :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850155.466376.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850155.466376.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850190.723243.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850190.723243.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850421.389353.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850421.389353.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850483.219481.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850483.219481.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850600.273698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321850600.273698.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 10

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Riley ~ my Mini Schnauzer :)

What a cutie!!

Not a great pic but its what is on my phone
my 4 dachshund mocha, monu ,peanut, and skelly
2011-11-03100239.jpg

and a skink i caught at work my 2 year old daughter calls blue
2011-09-06161238.jpg

That lizard is too cool!!! Not that I would want one in my house :ohmy: Cute dachshunds. :)

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
One lizard a week :p 5 line or blue tail skinks are found coast to coast neat little things to watch but my little girl always wants to touch it but its so small i fear she will smash it

As long as it doesn't bite, you could use the "1 finger touch" so she can feel it - She can only touch it with 1 finger. I use to do that with by grandbabies when they wanted to touch stuff. Not too much damage they can do with 1 finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread