The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pet Parents---Show Off Your Child!!!

Discussion in 'Loving and Caring for K9's and Felines and/or Othe' started by jj2, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Looks like a Full House for Survivors Mom and Honigschmidt. I must admit that I only have enough energy to keep up with one!!! :laugh:

Survivors Mom did you fly them all (one at a time) to Texas in the plane?

2. Survivors Mom

Survivors Mom Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Texas
    They do tire me out some days for sure! :)

No, Karma is my only world traveler. She was on death row in a shelter in NC when I saw a rescue group's posting for her. I was able to talk the shelter into holding her while the rescue group and I worked to get her to Texas. Pilots 'n Paws answered my prayers and stepped in. It took 4 car trips and 3 private plane rides for her to make it home with me... an amazing story for an amazing girl! She was very dog aggressive when she came to me but we all (the dogs, Karma and myself) worked very hard and now she's a vital member of the family and loves all of her brothers and sisters.

I rescued two of the others from area shelters, took one that needed a home due to a family death, and two I took out of an abusive home. And the kitty came to live with us when his elderly mom had to move in with family and he had no place to go.

3. Survivors Mom

Sep 24, 2011
    Texas
  4. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Are you still into rescue---I applaud you if you are!!!

I actually started a thread here in the Pet's forum for rescues and you are more than welcome to use it. Or start another to fit your needs. If it saved one animal than it's worth the effort!!!!!!!!!!

5. Survivors Mom

Sep 24, 2011
    Texas
    See there? I didn't even know there was a Pet's forum! That'll probably be my new home now. :)

I've been rescuing for years. When I moved to a small town several years ago it became more just rescuing my personal dogs due to lack of people willing to foster and/or adopt. i'm a major foster failure myself so I had to stop myself, only due to room and finances. BUT... I recently purchased a small bit of land and future plans are to build a small rescue primarily for pit bull type dogs, the world's most misunderstood breed. It'll be a few years down the road but that's what I want to do. The Vicktory Dogs are SO my heroes and they've all inspired me to do more for the breed.

eta: I just realized this is in the Pet's forum... duh! I followed someone elses link to get here and never even noticed!

6. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Yep you are in the Pet's Forum. :laugh:

I got friends (married couple) who does do that. It was a pain getting set up but mainly because of State regulations. They just do dogs and it is a lot of work but they are so happy when they home them!

7. Fudgey

Fudgey Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 22, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Survivor......Love all your kids....thanks for sharing :)

Honigschmidt.....the guinea's are so cute!!!

You are an awesome person for taking in those poor animals!!

jj2......I have another Buddy......we are sitting for my nieces two dogs Buddy a dachshund and Maggie a Yorkie/Poodle. I will have to post pics. Buddy is over weight and gets annoyed with us because we don't drop food on the floor during dinner like the girls do.....LOL

8. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I can't say I'm any better even if we make Buddie wait until we get done and then let her have some on the plate.

I do keep fried up hamburger or broiled chicken around so if we have something she shouldn't have, I get that out for her.

I'm so well trained. :facepalm: :laugh:

9. Jibboolie

Jibboolie Full Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Alpharetta, GA
    Riley ~ my Mini Schnauzer :)

Attached Files:

10. iamtopher34

iamtopher34 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2010
    Sandy Utah
    Not a great pic but its what is on my phone
    my 4 dachshund mocha, monu ,peanut, and skelly
    [​IMG]

and a skink i caught at work my 2 year old daughter calls blue
    [​IMG]

11. iamtopher34

Mar 26, 2010
    Sandy Utah
  12. Honigschmidt

Honigschmidt Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2011
    Sacramento Ca
    Now that is one really neat Grasshopper pet. How many lizards does it eat a day?

... Kidding :) I love the lizard. never seen one with such a vibrant lookin tail.

13. iamtopher34

Mar 26, 2010
    Sandy Utah
    One lizard a week :p 5 line or blue tail skinks are found coast to coast neat little things to watch but my little girl always wants to touch it but its so small i fear she will smash it

14. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I'm glad you told me cause I didn't know.:blink: :laugh:

Love the blue tail!!!

15. Fudgey

Fudgey Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 22, 2010
    Oklahoma
    What a cutie!!

That lizard is too cool!!! Not that I would want one in my house :ohmy: Cute dachshunds. :)

16. sashwa

sashwa ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Alcatraz
    As long as it doesn't bite, you could use the "1 finger touch" so she can feel it - She can only touch it with 1 finger. I use to do that with by grandbabies when they wanted to touch stuff. Not too much damage they can do with 1 finger.

17. cracker75

cracker75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    Washington State
    Some of these are puppy pics and some are older, from the summer, this is Amos, our 11 month old boxer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Survivors Mom

Sep 24, 2011
    Texas
    Amos is a handsome young man!

19. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009