Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I am extremely leery of them getting involved. Look what they have added to the tobacco in the cigarettes. Do we really want to trust them to not add the same carcinogens to the e-juice? Add on the fact that they have the backing and the money to take over the entire industry and I find the thought a bit frightening. As a small supplier of e-juice I simply can not compete in the market on their level. I watch them with wary eyes.
I don't know if I'd be completely opposed to BT getting involved or not. If they took the right position on it, they could really help the overall vaping cause, and make some good money in the process. They have the bank accounts to actually fund studies on safety and such. And advertising dollars to really get the word out to the public at large.

As long as they don't try to shut out other juice vendors and lock down the market, I wouldn't have any problems with them getting a piece of the pie. When vaping goes mainstream, that's going to be a pretty big pie. :)

Dark Jester

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Reno, NV
Yep, that's the flip-side of the same coin. Really all depends on the position they end up taking and I have no clue which way they'll go. It's just as likely that they side with BP and the FDA and try to crush the whole thing.

I doubt they would get away with adding carcinogens or anything to the juice. PG/VG, Flavoring, and Nicotine. Not exactly a long ingredient list for them to mess with. ;) And once some testing is done on the PG/VG and Flavorings to confirm safety, they can't mess with it. If carcinogens show up in their juice it will be plainly evident that they put them in. It would be financial suicide for the company and the resulting lawsuits would bankrupt them.

They'd be better off introducing their own juice lines to the same market that everyone else participates in. I don't think they can flood the market enough to put other juice vendors out of business that way. They're interestered in making money too, selling juice at a loss doesn't balance the books. And then there are people's personal tastes too. they would have to make juice good enough that literally everyone switched to in order to get a lock like that. Not likely to happen, that's why there are dozens of vendors out there right now. No single vendor can cater to everyone's tastes.

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
There are more than 67,000 registered members of ECF. I realize maybe 90% of them are not active anymore. This still makes 6,700 active members. I guess ECF administration has e-mails of all members. If they could send messages to all registered members, I am sure we will have 5,000 votes in a week. I am also sure current and former members of ECF wouldn't consider this a spam. I think the major problem is that not all ECF members know about this petition.

rschauer

Aug 28, 2011
Dubuque, IA
There are more than 67,000 registered members of ECF. I realize maybe 90% of them are not active anymore. This still makes 6,700 active members. I guess ECF administration has e-mails of all members. If they could send messages to all registered members, I am sure we will have 5,000 votes in a week. I am also sure current and former members of ECF wouldn't consider this a spam. I think the major problem is that not all ECF members know about this petition.

Actually...from the forum "home" page:
Members: 71,029 Active Members: 9,681

I agree; I wouldn't consider it spam. Since I haven't received anything from the admins since I signed up over a month ago, I don't see how I could. I think that would be a good use of the mass e-mail function.

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
Numbers at Present:

Petition 1443
Pop Vox 1397

Interesting! There are now more names on the petition than there are votes against S. 1403 (taxing e-cigs) -- something I didn't expect to see. I'm thinking my little prediction that we might not be able to get 5000 names on the petition before Oct. 27th may have been too pessimistic. If so, I have to say this is one time I'm happy to be wrong! ;)

Demarko

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.twinrosesoftware.com
Numbers at Present:

Petition 1443
Pop Vox 1397

Interesting! There are now more names on the petition than there are votes against S. 1403 (taxing e-cigs) -- something I didn't expect to see. I'm thinking my little prediction that we might not be able to get 5000 names on the petition before Oct. 27th may have been too pessimistic. If so, I have to say this is one time I'm happy to be wrong! ;)

Popvox makes you go through a lot more hoops rather than just sign a name, but yeah. It seems to get MORE signatures/day as it rolls along, so I suspect social media sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread