Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Both Essential Depot and Bulk Apothecary are reputable, quite popular, and among some of the least expensive (especially when buying by the gallon). Essential Depot is also available through Amazon if you are Prime member and want to save on shipping. I am not; so I find Bulk Apothecary the better value when you look at product cost AND shipping combined.

Note: BA sells both PG and VG by the pound (weight vs.volume) so it can be helpful to know that it is 8lb./gal for PG and 10lb./gal. for VG.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My nic is heavy on VG, so at present I need more PG than VG to get my 50/50 mix. I bought a quart of PG from Essential Depot through Amazon. So far, I'm still working on the 6 Ounce Humco VG from Wal Mart ($3.77). Eventually, I might pick up a quart of VG from Essential.

My nic is 75pg/25vg At 70pg/30vg. I run out of PG twice as fast as VG since the mix isn't affected all that much from the slight amount in the nic. PG/VG is heavy and that raises shipping costs. I buy mine from Amazon and get free Prime shipping along with other frequent items I order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enso

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
My nic is 75pg/25vg At 70pg/30vg I still run out of PG twice as fast as VG
I'll see how it goes over the long haul. The quart of PG I bought from Amazon will certainly last me a LONG time. I may just continue buying my VG in the 6 ounce Humco bottle from Wal Mart, I figure that bottle is good for 1,600ml of finished eLiquid ... which would last me approximately a year. Considering that, I see no reason to buy VG in a larger quantity.

I just checked my calculator and I find that my base takes 49.3% nic (48mg @ 43% PG), 37.6% PG & 13.1% VG, which comes to 24mg/ml before the addition of flavoring.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread