PG from Tractor Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
The plot thickens! The ineligible email is from an anonymous source. Next thing we hear, the letter was signed "Doc Brown".

OK, enough with the jokes. JOKES PEOPLE, enough. I'm surprised this thread went all like this. It's the kind of question up front that should get, "I like it" - "I like it" - "I don't like it" - "I like it" - "I don't like it" - "I don't like it" - "I like it", kind of answers. Not the kind that says, "No. you don't like it, and here's why. Now get your fingers flying and order online like a good little vapor"

sigh I'm sorry. I thought I had enough of the jokes, but I couldn't help myself.

Anyhow, I was watching, and commentating on the sidelines. ;) Thank God, nobody heard those. It's really all about personal taste, at this point. Isn't it? I mean the stuff is fed to dairy cows, that get fed to humans. Well, part of them anyway. So, we're talking about taste now. The worst I heard from anyone who wasn't Dr Jimmy (The Who reference) was that it taste like perfume, but vapes like a champ. Well, I'm not drinking it so I'll try it out for 20 bucks. Just like I said in the beginning. My mind hasn't changed. When 10 people say it works for them, and one says it doesn't. 1, there's no need to keep spouting out why it doesn't, and two, I'll go with the 10.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Im missing what this thread it about . Is it just ts Pg that you think is bad or anything other than PG made by DOW . Is GP,RTS,Xtremevaping,Healthcabins PG ok ? I have read at least a few posts of people saying that some TS PG is not good for vaping .I dont have a TS to get from anyway but what about all those vendors PG ?

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
So what vendors do you know has good PG . I have one bottle from RTS . One bottle i just finished from xtremevaping . One i just got from GP and another on the way from healthcabin . Healthcabin states its made by DOW . I havent noticed any difference between the RTS and xtremevaping . Both were good imo . The other two i havent tried . I did notice my 60mg rts nic is clear and the nic i just got from gp isnt . I got 36mg pg nic and vg nic from gp . The pg nic is a pinkish color and the VG is a amberish color . Im actually not sure which is which exactly . What i think is the VG looks thinned but they both leaked in shipping and the labels got ruined .

Last edited:

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I don't play around with something like this.. All I know is, I'm not going to inhale it. Good luck..

I think after the whole Box Elder fiasco, everyone is a little on edge on what we DIY. I think that is why a few of us was looking to you for more information from the tests, so that we can make a good valid choice in what we DIY.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Who makes the PG for TS? I just bought some at my TS in Nicholasville, KY. It's made locally by NeoGen corp. Maybe the TS where you are uses a different manufacturer?

601db43f-5e5c-76fc.jpg

Sent via cellular communication device...

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
... The thing that makes me cringe is the Humco glyercin at Walmart which may or may not be vegetable or animal based- who knows. With The VG I splurge and buy from the health food store or something I know for certain is vegetable based glycerin...
See: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/52669-pg-vg-labeling-purity-please-read.html

"...any Glycerin, USP labeled in any of the above mentioned Pharmacy labels (Humco, Family Pharmacy, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreen's and Walmart labels) IS USP grade AND Vegetable sourced..."

I get my VG USP from Rite Aid most of the time, it's convenient, absolutely fine for the year I've been mixing. Health store glycerin is actually what I would be cautious about, unless it, too, is explicitly USP.

From the sticky I linked above: "What about all those Vegetable Glycerin products you find in health food stores? ... Kashrut(kosher) laws are Jewish religious dietary laws having to do with the preparation of food products and really have nothing to do with the labeled purity of the product....In any case USP and Kosher are 2 different things. There is no such listing in the USP for "Kosher Glycerin"...There is also no “Vegetable Glycerin” monograph in the USP....The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 gives almost carte blanch license to Dietary supplement/Herbal/Vitamin/Health Food/Natural Product manufacturers to manufacture, label and market their product as they see fit(no true oversight or approval by the FDA)."

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Who makes the PG for TS? I just bought some at my TS in Nicholasville, KY. It's made locally by NeoGen corp. Maybe the TS where you are uses a different manufacturer?

601db43f-5e5c-76fc.jpg

Sent via cellular communication device...

This is the exact same label and company I get here at two different TSC's in Indiana too.

(There does seem to be a number of places that make PG and they are fairly well spread out, so I imagine that shipping is one of the biggest cost factors of the product.)

chaos-7

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
St. AUg Fl.
Propylene glycol is used to treat a condition in pregnant goats (called pregnancy toxemia) or early lactating goats (called ketosis) that occurs when a doe's body accumulates excessive ketones (chemicals in the blood and urine). The unborn goat kids' higher nutritional needs during late pregnancy may cause your doe to use stored fat to provide for the babies, which can imbalance her body's nutrition, leading to reduced kidney and liver function and ultimately death, according to Maria Leite-Browning, DVM, an extension animal scientist at Alabama A&M University. Knowing how to treat goats with propylene glycol (a clear, syrupy liquid that provides energy) is a key skill that you should know if you own pregnant or lactating goats.
Pregnant and lactating cows are also at risk for this condition.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
So what vendors do you know has good PG . I have one bottle from RTS . One bottle i just finished from xtremevaping . One i just got from GP and another on the way from healthcabin . Healthcabin states its made by DOW . I havent noticed any difference between the RTS and xtremevaping . Both were good imo . The other two i havent tried . I did notice my 60mg rts nic is clear and the nic i just got from gp isnt . I got 36mg pg nic and vg nic from gp . The pg nic is a pinkish color and the VG is a amberish color . Im actually not sure which is which exactly . What i think is the VG looks thinned but they both leaked in shipping and the labels got ruined .
RTS is what I use. It's from DOW..Healthcabin also carries DOW, that I know of.

Last edited:

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
It's exactly like that. I mix my 100 mg liquid (which is slightly yellow of course) and it just sinks... the nicotine liquid mixes fine with VG, but not this PG. I've tried several mixes to rule out other causes, and I'm pretty sure it's the VG.

I can post a pic, but it's the same as what's posted earlier in this thread. Double checked it. I don't mind tossing it, but the question is this... If I buy more will it be the same? It's my only local supplier...

Oh, and the PG floats to the top, anything I try to mix with it floats to the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread