PG should be tasteless or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturner6

Feb 26, 2012
here
I have only bought PG & VG from one supplier (Wizard Labs) and am wondering if there should be any taste associated with them. The PG I got has a very pronounced sweet taste. It also has sort of a harshness to it that I feel on my tongue...sort of like a real dry feeling just on my tongue.

While the VG seems tasteless, it seems to leave a sort of coating on my tongue, if that makes any sense.

Just wondering if this sounds normal since I have no benchmark for measuring this, being so new to all this stuff.

If this is normal, I am also wondering if there is any way to counteract this dryness and sweetness of the PG

Last edited:

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
...Most VG gives me a slight sweetness and that oil-like feeling you describe. The one I use does not have that coating effect.

I got that coating effect from a bottle of VG I got from CVS - I use NOW glycerin these days and like it but have heard others who don't care for it; so as always, YMMV ;)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
The walmart VG has a almost minty taste ,bit of a smell and mutes most flavor. There was a major difference in the amount of taste between the two. I have two bottle of walmart and a bottle from cvs that i will most likely never use again. I dont know why its different but it is . Maybe because one is made from animals and the other from vegetables .Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread