smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Irish Coffee from Flavor Jungle. The label says "Best at 18.67%." Is it just me or is that way too much flavor or is this typical. Anyone try mixing it at a lower percent?
    18.67%, wow! That's super specific. I'd say anything over 20% would be borderline. Maybe it has to do with the combination of flavors to create it. I suppose it also depends on your power settings and if you MTL or DL. Never tried one shots, so just speculating.

Maybe make a couple of small testers and compare. Let us know.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Irish Coffee from Flavor Jungle. The label says "Best at 18.67%." Is it just me or is that way too much flavor or is this typical. Anyone try mixing it at a lower percent?

Not necessarily excessive. Have my own portfolio of complex nuanced elixirs and they all came out between 16-19% to be seen as more universally appealing to a test audience of inductees.

Much followed and beloved @Bill's Magic Vapor had a slew of shake-and-vape recipes that targeted that high zone (and above). Well worth peeking at.

However, a percentage as such is no indicator of quality. Any juice maker can throw a bunch of bulk cheap ingredients together, slap a name on it and call it boutique with some fancy packaging being the better part of the effort. And I've sampled all too many.

Simple rule of thumb: If it's too overpowering back-off (dilute) until it isn't. If it hits the spot, that's grand.

Should note dense juices are well enjoyed MTL. I do a modified fuller output MTL at high% but often dilute my own mixes for DTL by 25% or more.

Good luck. :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Irish Coffee from Flavor Jungle. The label says "Best at 18.67%."

IMO, there IS no %....where any single flavoring or one-shot will end up being the BEST for everyone to use. We don't all have the same tastebud sensitivity, taste preferences, and opinions.

With the 15+ one-shots I've tried so far, it has worked better for me, to start around 5% and slowly work my way up if needed...because they vary in potency. Even 5% was too high for me with 1 of them, though the recommended % was 8-10%. I ended up backing off to only 3% and that was still plenty strong enough.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Never heard the term one shot but google told me it means its a premade recipe in flavouring and seems i already use that from a brand called the flavourist...

The recommended percentage sounds a lot to me but i guess must be very diluted....how many mls is the bottle?

I always start from low and increase if needed but if a manufacturer suggest lets say 10 percent i will start from 5 percent...the bad thing is that u have to let it steep and be patient in order to make sure cause once i didnt let it steep long enough and added more flavour but in the end turned out to be tooooo much for me even tho it was still at recommended range...

Neeed to experiment

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    So let me get this straight.A company selling you a product would overestimate how much of that product you should use? To hell you say.....o_O

Cheap ingredients have been plentiful. It's easy to get a flavor pop using them. And let's face it, we think we're tasting .... when we first quit. In that sense, vaping is an acquired taste.

Good luck. ;)

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    I found with a most of the one shots they recommend 10% up to 25%, it really surprised me too. Like others I start at half the recommended and go up or down from there. I'm only guessing but the one shot itself must be mixed at very low flavor % Makes marketing sense in that you would have to buy more, more often, but expensive to end consumers. I usually mix my own at lower % than recipes suggest because I don't like strong flavoring but with one shots I have had to go in the recommended ranges

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    The recommended percentage sounds a lot to me but i guess must be very diluted....how many mls is the bottle?

It's a 30ml bottle. I picked it up to get the free shipping. I had searched and searched years ago for a coffee vape that didn't give me an instant pounding headache. When I saw this one I figured what he heck. I think I'll make a full strength 25ml tester and go from there. I keep a bottle of nic base premixed with my preferred pg/vg in the freezer. Makes diluting a breeze. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the good advise - and the laughs :D.

Last edited:

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    As a shake and vape at the recommended percent it's a damn good coffee. More like some unspecified designer coffee flavor, not necessarily Irish, but still tasty for all that. No side effects so far. I had to add some sweetener, but I expected that. We'll see how it holds up after steeping a while. Right now I've got it in a GO S MTL tank (1.69 coil, 11.7w) and it's very smooth.

Odd thing, as I was mixing it I thought it smelled exactly like someone had added coffee flavor to Inawera Biscuit. Hmmmmm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread