Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Pretty much. When you go to www.nfeteam.org it is self explanatory. You will want the NFETools also... so both the tools and the firmware. They have docs and instructions that are easy to follow. They also have a forum for users so that should get you going without too much fuss.

Just wonder where to get a new firmware. Just checked the eleaf download site, there's nothing for the squeeze?

I included the post from Jazzman, this how I found the site. The firmwear is a "bin" found when you click the "download Artic Fox". This takes you to the forum where the "bin" can be downloaded.

Gerald_s

Mar 6, 2016
Austria
From what I saw the main point is that you can use the NFE tools with the Arctic Fox firmware. This gives you access to a lot of settings directly on the computer. I installed it yesterday but had no time to read through the threads to find out all the improvements and now - in my office - due to the company security measures I have no access to the website.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
anything improve or major different for this firmware ?

I have nothing to compare with this firmware. This was my first time using the Tools and flashing the firmware. I can only say that once I installed the "bin" the software was as easy to use as Escribe and seemed as capable.

Reactions: Eskie

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
From what I saw the main point is that you can use the NFE tools with the Arctic Fox firmware. This gives you access to a lot of settings directly on the computer. I installed it yesterday but had no time to read through the threads to find out all the improvements and now - in my office - due to the company security measures I have no access to the website.

The biggest benefit for me with NFETools is the ability to live monitor, in graph format, as I vape. This lets you know if tweaking is needed like with the PI controls or if that is really not needed at all. Sometimes being able to see real time data let's you achieve that last bit of refinement of your settings and get the best vape possible.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I've found arctic fox gives better battery life and it is brilliant at temp control.

I'm not sure about battery life since I don't vape the same all the time to really judge, but it would make sense that if the firmware made the mod more accurate that it would likely be more efficient and have better battery life.

As far as better temp control? That would be a big yes. Not that the Pico series was bad in stock form, it was actually pretty good. But the AF firmware took my pico's to a while new level, and I do have a few Picos. I just wish they would add the Pico X to their supported list since I really like that one as a beater mod. But it looks like that's unlikely to happen.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I am having trouble changing profiles. I can only see Profile One and want to change to four which I have set up to SS 316 TC. It is checked as "enabled" and have uploaded to the Squeeze. I push power and + then when I maneuver through the menus to profile, I can't see or change to Profile Four.
I hope I have made myself clear.

Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I am having trouble changing profiles. I can only see Profile One and want to change to four which I have set up to SS 316 TC. It is checked as "enabled" and have uploaded to the Squeeze. I push power and + then when I maneuver through the menus to profile, I can't see or change to Profile Four.
    I hope I have made myself clear.

Click the fire button 3 times. That should show your current profile and then let you switch profiles using the + or - keys

Reactions: CMD-Ky

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I did this and all that happened was that it fired. I failed to mention that I am using Arctic Fox.

Yeah I'm using Arctic Fox. The only way I can get into that menu is to rapidly hit the fire button 3 times. Hopefully someone else will have more idea

Reactions: CMD-Ky
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread