Status
Not open for further replies.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I am having trouble finding a "Squeeze" for whatever reason I am having a hard time with the website vapesourcing. I can ad nothing to the cart.
@CMD-Ky I just tried it and was having the same problem. Try clicking on the square with the warehouse (even if there is only one option) and then try adding to your cart.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
View attachment 835203

@ShowMeTwice
Arctic Fox installed and TC running :D

My settings possibly need tweaking. It's vaping amazingly, just a lil warm at 400F.

I used a 316L 30*2/40 6 wrap 2.5mm id coil @0.55 ohms.

Arctic fox details:

Power: 25w (usually 20w in wattage mode)
Preheat time: 1sec
Mode: Temp control
Coil Material: TCR 110
Temperature: 400F

Temp control setup:
PI Regulator: enabled
Range: 0%
P value: 500
I value: 300

Here's the recording of a typical puff

Have had your purple S2's twin since they first came out (with matte stainless rda's on it). All three run either these Digiflavor Mesh Pro rda's or Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's on them.

S2x3.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
@CMD-Ky I just tried it and was having the same problem. Try clicking on the square with the warehouse (even if there is only one option) and then try adding to your cart.

These arrived today, I have not used them but given the reviews by trusted folks here, I am sure they will be fine. These are really nice pieces of equipment, thank you all for the recommendation.
My daughter does not yet know that when all of her disposable coils are gone, she will become either a squonker or a returning smoker. I will be the coil builder, however.
:shock:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
These arrived today, I have not used them but given the reviews by trusted folks here, I am sure they will be fine. These are really nice pieces of equipment, thank you all for the recommendation.
My daughter does not yet know that when all of her disposable coils are gone, she will become either a squonker or a returning smoker. I will be the coil builder, however.
i love how simple and easy to refill pico sq 2 ...

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
btw u go for kit set or mod only ? for me that coral rda is good

Reactions: Eskie

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
The current Pico Squeeze 2 kit includes the Coral 2 RDA, which I think is a very good RDA and certainly better than the original Coral RDA from my perspective. I think the redesign into a single coil RDA for the Coral v2 RDA is a better design and performer than the 2 coil design of the original Coral. YMMV

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The current Pico Squeeze 2 kit includes the Coral 2 RDA, which I think is a very good RDA and certainly better than the original Coral RDA from my perspective. I think the redesign into a single coil RDA for the Coral v2 RDA is a better design and performer than the 2 coil design of the original Coral. YMMV

I am not a two coil builder. I never seem to get them matched so I just build one. Very simple, Kanthal, 26, 1.2 Ohm - same one every time then 10 Watts.

I like this Pico, very smooth, not hot and it is so easy on the battery. A winner and I thank you all. I have used it for 48 hours and I hope the chip is durable because this is a good mod.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I am not a two coil builder. I never seem to get them matched so I just build one. Very simple, Kanthal, 26, 1.2 Ohm - same one every time then 10 Watts.

I like this Pico, very smooth, not hot and it is so easy on the battery. A winner and I thank you all. I have used it for 48 hours and I hope the chip is durable because this is a good mod.

The Squeeze 2 has been rock solid for me and built like a tank. I think you'll get long and reliable use out of it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the black colored bottle that came with it, it is just difficult to see the juice level at a glance. But that is a really minor quibble and in no way changes my favorable opinion of the mod. The translucent white bottle that also came with my kit is perfect.

BTW, Arctic Fox firmware/software works great on the Squeeze 2 if you want to take the experience to the next level. As with most software that has many features it can be a bit daunting at first, but it's quite easy after a short learning curve and is definitely feature rich. I think it's an improvement over the standard Pico software in just about every way and is a huge improvement for TC if that is a feature you like. Not that the standard software is bad... AF is just much better.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
The Squeeze 2 has been rock solid for me and built like a tank. I think you'll get long and reliable use out of it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the black colored bottle that came with it, it is just difficult to see the juice level at a glance. But that is a really minor quibble and in no way changes my favorable opinion of the mod. The translucent white bottle that also came with my kit is perfect.

BTW, Arctic Fox firmware/software works great on the Squeeze 2 if you want to take the experience to the next level. As with most software that has many features it can be a bit daunting at first, but it's quite easy after a short learning curve and is definitely feature rich. I think it's an improvement over the standard Pico software in just about every way and is a huge improvement for TC if that is a feature you like. Not that the standard software is bad... AF is just much better.

I will vw looking at the Arctic Fox. Just download, install and plug in the Pico and see what's there?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I will vw looking at the Arctic Fox. Just download, install and plug in the Pico and see what's there?

Pretty much. When you go to www.nfeteam.org it is self explanatory. You will want the NFETools also... so both the tools and the firmware. They have docs and instructions that are easy to follow. They also have a forum for users so that should get you going without too much fuss.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Another fan of the squeeze 2 setup here. I ordered 3 spare bottles when I got my mod, as they were $0.19:shock: - didn't realise the mod came with an extra bottle - so I have bottles galore ;)

I AFed mine as soon as I got it. And I'm using it in temp control mode now. What settings do you have for yours? Here's mine - but my TCR may be too high for ss316l wire

Arctic fox details:

Temp control setup:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    Another fan of the squeeze 2 setup here. I ordered 3 spare bottles when I got my mod, as they were $0.19:shock: - didn't realise the mod came with an extra bottle - so I have bottles galore ;)

I AFed mine as soon as I got it. And I'm using it in temp control mode now. What settings do you have for yours? Here's mine - but my TCR may be too high for ss316l wire

Arctic fox details:

Temp control setup:

Currently using 26Ga SS316L .5 Ohm in temp mode (temperature dominant checked) at 420F and 35watts. I'm using .5sec preheat with preheat power set to 125%.

I'm using 316L TFR and only use 2 profiles at present. One for round wire builds (my general preference) and 1 for claptons which I play around with from time to time. While TCR is fine, I find the TFR more fexible for my use. For round wire it really makes no difference with the exception that it is easier to use a coefficient since it's a single number for the user. But there are use cases to be made for being able to manually massage the curve with TFR. For example, when I use any type of clapton coil with dissimilar metals I like to adjust the temp to resistance of points 2 and 3, leaving the remaining curve alone. This gets rid of the irritating small bits of spit back during initial firing, yet has no effect on the actual temp I vape at. This was the only way I was able to cure the very minor spitting, maybe it could be better characterized as more of a popping sound, without resorting to a lower temp, cooler vape, or lowering the wattage and inducing longer ramp up times. There may be a better way and I just haven't found it. I'm only talking about the first .5 sec or so after pressing the fire button and only with claptons. It's not needed for round wire builds.

I haven't had the need to use regulation with PI really. The easy way to tell if it would be helpful is to use the live monitor and vape normally. If the temp and power are oscillating the PI regulation is a good tool to dampen that. P (proportional control) realtime look at the regulation occuring and can tend to overshoot or undershoot needing to correct for those conditions. I (Intergal) is a way to dampen P when it tends to go a bit off track since it it basing it's evaluation of performance of the regulator in the past... very recent past measure typically in micro seconds. it keeps track of previous behavior of P. Based on this, it can dampen the overshoot before it happens, at least that's the theory. What it's missing for best control is D (derivative) which is the predictor of the future based on the results of both P and I and is that last needed data to create an actual closed loop system. Long story short, watch the realtime monitor while vaping and if oscillations are there use this tool to dampen that. If the trace looks smooth it's really unneeded.

I probably rambled too much. That'll teach you to ask me tech stuff right?

One last thing you might be able to help me with @AngeNZ. Where is the control to turn off the light show. It irritates me that I haven't been able to find this if it exists. I only use the mod at home so it's not a huge deal and I could physically disconnect it inside the mod I guess. But if there's a way to do it that I have missed I would be grateful for the method.

• Useful
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Currently using 26Ga SS316L .5 Ohm in temp mode (temperature dominant checked) at 420F and 35watts. I'm using .5sec preheat with preheat power set to 125%.

I'm using 316L TFR and only use 2 profiles at present. One for round wire builds (my general preference) and 1 for claptons which I play around with from time to time. While TCR is fine, I find the TFR more fexible for my use. For round wire it really makes no difference with the exception that it is easier to use a coefficient since it's a single number for the user. But there are use cases to be made for being able to manually massage the curve with TFR. For example, when I use any type of clapton coil with dissimilar metals I like to adjust the temp to resistance of points 2 and 3, leaving the remaining curve alone. This gets rid of the irritating small bits of spit back during initial firing, yet has no effect on the actual temp I vape at. This was the only way I was able to cure the very minor spitting, maybe it could be better characterized as more of a popping sound, without resorting to a lower temp, cooler vape, or lowering the wattage and inducing longer ramp up times. There may be a better way and I just haven't found it. I'm only talking about the first .5 sec or so after pressing the fire button and only with claptons. It's not needed for round wire builds.

I haven't had the need to use regulation with PI really. The easy way to tell if it would be helpful is to use the live monitor and vape normally. If the temp and power are oscillating the PI regulation is a good tool to dampen that. P (proportional control) realtime look at the regulation occuring and can tend to overshoot or undershoot needing to correct for those conditions. I (Intergal) is a way to dampen P when it tends to go a bit off track since it it basing it's evaluation of performance of the regulator in the past... very recent past measure typically in micro seconds. it keeps track of previous behavior of P. Based on this, it can dampen the overshoot before it happens, at least that's the theory. What it's missing for best control is D (derivative) which is the predictor of the future based on the results of both P and I and is that last needed data to create an actual closed loop system. Long story short, watch the realtime monitor while vaping and if oscillations are there use this tool to dampen that. If the trace looks smooth it's really unneeded.

I probably rambled too much. That'll teach you to ask me tech stuff right?

One last thing you might be able to help me with @AngeNZ. Where is the control to turn off the light show. It irritates me that I haven't been able to find this if it exists. I only use the mod at home so it's not a huge deal and I could physically disconnect it inside the mod I guess. But if there's a way to do it that I have missed I would be grateful for the method.

It was the first thing I did ;)

And thank you - that information is just what I needed.

Hold fire button and + button at the same time
    Scroll down with + button until you see Settings - click fire button on Settings

In Settings menu, scroll down until you see Advanced - click fire button on Advanced

Scroll down until you see LED - hit fire button to toggle this, until it says Off

Scroll down until it says Exit - hit fire button to exit menu

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    It was the first thing I did ;)

And thank you - that information is just what I needed.

Hold fire button and + button at the same time
    Scroll down with + button until you see Settings - click fire button on Settings

In Settings menu, scroll down until you see Advanced - click fire button on Advanced

Scroll down until you see LED - hit fire button to toggle this, until it says Off

Scroll down until it says Exit - hit fire button to exit menu

You're awesome! Worked great. I had been looking in the configuration software on the PC and I guess that detail wasn't included. That completes the last minor quibble with AF for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread