Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I also suggest for the non believers to do this =

1. take some juice froma glass bottle,2 ml, put it into a plastic dropper

2. leave an equal ammount in the glass

3. put the glass and plastic bottles on a sunny warm window sill for 2 days
observe the color difference

Come on... it's a well known fact that sunlight will change the coloring and potency of our juice. There are countless articles on storing juice out of direct sunlight in amber/dark bottles. Besides, now we're getting into UV effects and not just chemical changes in plastic from our juice.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
Fwiw, the U.S. FDA has been concerned about the safety of inhalation drug products in LDPE containers since at least 2004 as evidenced by this powerpoint presentation (warning: link is to a PPT file, not an html page). Concerns include not only the leaching of material from the LDPE vial into the solution but also migration of compounds from the container's label (including label adhesive and ink) through the LDPE into the solution as well as migratory loss of the solution's active ingredients through the LDPE (i.e., similar to what happened with AG's juice during storage).

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
The plastic used in disposable water bottles has been reported to be unsafe too. There have been warnings not to save them for reuse.

(I posted this thread on FB last night, & the conversation there was much more civil & productive than this one.) ;)

Look for Vapors Lounge in groups...

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
I think ive seen these in my bottles but to be honest i dont care , for all you know the juice you vape even if you diy can be have piss or who knows what other chit if you where smoker and really dont know why these high concern about health if all your life you know what you where doing while smoking but still continued , i see most people "afraid" if they dont have juice or there pv broke and say they will have to go back to cigs because of it lol so yeah i doubt these bottle issue is a problem and god lord why do you keep all that liquid ? Really ? You had a stash for 6 months ? Did you also buy that much cigs in advance ? Im not trying to start a fight etc just saying....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Wouldn't the flavors eat through the bottles every one of the flavor companies use if that were the case, MWA?

And smokie, you are being absolutely ridiculous......:facepalm:

Not Really, I know for a fact, and seen some vendor liquid making that would turn you off from ever buying from them. But my personal Theory is that the heat from the atomizer kills the contamination, germs, bacteria, etc that's why you never hear of anyone getting sick from vaping, except from a allergic reaction or too much Nic. And for myself I DIY for the most part.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So, what are vendors saying about this? Has anyone had a conversation with a vendor and can report their comments? I'll use the same plastic 3ml bottle for a couple of months to refill from my pocket when I go out. It's made of the same plastic.

I'd like to hear the opinions of experts on the reaction between plastic ejuice bottles and the ejuice.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
The plastic used in disposable water bottles has been reported to be unsafe too. There have been warnings not to save them for reuse.

You may remember the big ruckus several years ago about the discovery that bisphenol A (BPA) leaches from polycarbonate baby bottles and water bottles. BPA is an endocrine disruptor (ED) that mimics estrogen in the mammalian body. Yet that is the same polycarbonate that is now being used in the wildly popular DCT tanks, Stardusts and other clearomizers. I cringe every time I see yet another report of a Stardust or DCT developing glazing, cracking, or outright disintegrating because that's a sure indicator that their juice was also getting significantly contaminated by an estrogen mimicking compound during the failure process.

tsweetwater

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Northford CT
I also suggest for the non believers to do this =

so am I supposed to throw away all my bottom feeder mods now, cause i cant squeeze glass....?????

My opinion is if the juice is doing this to the bottles, whats it doing to the wires in our attys n cartos, whats it doing to the glue some attys n cartos have in them, did u ever take apart a dual coil atty from cov, its got lots of caulk like glue in it...whats it doing to our drip tips, whats it doing to the insides of our lungs n mouth for that matter?????? just saying...anyone have any thoughts on this??? :)

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
My concern with the plastic has been a little different. In my home, I have replaced all plastic food storage containers with glass. It has benefited us two fold. No more of the plastic leech when something is heated, and we no longer have those red stains from tomato based sauce.

I DIY and do a warm bath on my juices when they are freshly made. I think some folks will even nuke it. I had the same thought on my food. There is no way that I am going to heat this plastic. So I use glass bottles now. So this brings up the question, are juice makers speeding up the steeping process by heating the bottles? I guess we will never know. But it is something to consider.

A glass 30 ml bottle cost me a buck fifty more than a plastic 30ml bottle. I do have to use plastic in my REOs but then again the juice there is not heated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
You may remember the big ruckus several years ago about the discovery that bisphenol A (BPA) leaches from polycarbonate baby bottles and water bottles. BPA is an endocrine disruptor (ED) that mimics estrogen in the mammalian body. Yet that is the same polycarbonate that is now being used in the wildly popular DCT tanks, Stardusts and other clearomizers. I cringe every time I see yet another report of a Stardust or DCT developing glazing, cracking, or outright disintegrating because that's a sure indicator that their juice was also getting significantly contaminated by an estrogen mimicking compound during the failure process.

Totally explains my man boobs. ;)

Plastics are petroleum based products for the most part. I try to stay away from using plastic liquid containers. Therefore, I don't use plastic dishes, water bottles, soft drink bottles, or anything else if I can avoid it.

My wife bought some chicken & milk a few days ago. The date on the chicken was the 16th. Saturday morning I used some of the milk in my coffee. It tasted like rotten chicken. I didn't smell it in the fridge, but when I opened the package to make the chicken last night it was foul. (Pun intended.) ;)

Once again...I'd love to see vendors at least offer the option, because I'd choose glass. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread