Plastic Inserts for Glass Bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
I'm sorry to sound stupid or disrespectful (i'm a newbie) but why would you want plastic lined glass...

I'm a medical professional, I use more glass vials then I can count (including those designed for hypodermic, blunt draw {whether metal or plastic} & I.V. Sets) & A- I can't think of any that have plastic liners (though I'ld probably avoid it if I was offered the option); B- I avoid plastic because of its tendency to leech (yes, no one knows if those chemicals are harmful in smaller amounts but I don't want to be the Guinea pig) & C- the only concern with glass leeching is regarding glasses with heavy metals (mercury, etc) but they don't have that in pharmaceutical (or majority of kinds) glass anymore.

What benefit are you hoping to achieve by lining your glass with plastic? For that matter what hypodermic vial are you talking about that has plastic liners in glass bottles? Could you provide a link?

Sorry if i'm not understanding everything correctly or am perceived as talking down to you, i'm really just trying to understand what you are trying to do.

Adam

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
Last edited:

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Alright, that makes far more sense then what I was thinking.. . I don't know what sized bottles, etc you use but I've dozens of various actual vials if that would be helpful? Off hands I have 10cc, (maybe 20 or 30cc), 60cc, 100cc & I'll probably have some 500 or 1000cc coming shortly...

Besides that, I go through lots of vials, if you give me some measurements I can see if any of the lids would fit your needs?

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Adam.

timbit

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Canada
Incidentally of course I would make certain they were throughly cleaned out before I gave it to anyone, though I would still recommend you cleaning it out when you get it...

Basically your looking at empty basic medicine vials that would be clean but not sterile, though I guess if it was terribly important then I could check with the manufacturer whether they can be sterilized in an autoclave, if so then I could toss them in a cycle of the autoclave but no promises about sterility, so if its important to you redo it yourself to be 100% confident.

These are NOT to be reused to store anything that will be used paternally! I do NOT promise them safe for that type of use.

PM & I'll see what I can do for you.

BTW mods, this is just a friendly free offer to give back a little to ECF for all their help to me... But if this somehow violates the rules here or behind elsewhere, feel free to delete/move it..

Adam

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
I've been wondering about this too. I just finished off a nasty (to me) juice from a ~15ml bottle from Johnson Creek. I have both the dropper top that fits it and the regular cap for it..

I'm thinking of putting some of my 100mg/ml VG nic in there for occasional 'spiking' of my low-nic DIY juices, but I'm not sure if the high-nic would eat through the dropper top for adding a drop. If I got some of these euro-dropper tops, maybe I could just tip it and a drop would fall in?? I'd rather not use a syringe just to add a drop - I'm getting a wide-mouth 50ml glass bottle for the working DIY stuff outside of what will be in the freezer when it arrives (2 liters of 100mg/ml VG nic. Likely with 2 more liters to arrive next month. For what might be ~8-10 years worth. :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread