Plastic or Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I mix, steep and store my juices in 50-150ml jars then transfer them into 30 and 50ml jugs for using. I use a DIY magnetic mixer so the jars work great. I bought oodles of Hangsen tobaccos a couple summers ago, all in original 50ml plastic jugs. I transferred them all onto their respective glass amber bottles, heated up the jug with hot water then peeled off the label to put onto the glass bottle then into the freezer with all the tobac concentrates. I've pulled a couple out and being in the freezer for almost a couple years they are just fine. All my nic went into glass and into the freezer also. I avoid using plastic bottles to store any juices or concentrates just cause I don't trust plastic bottles for any long term anything.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My liter comes in plastic so it stays there until I mix my juice. Then it’s in glass, 2 60ml bottles, when one is empty I mix up 60mls more so the steep time is the time it takes me to vape 60mls. That takes a few weeks I think? I’ve never really timed it but my juice tastes good by then.
Hey @Letitia i just noticed your location, I’m just a hop skip and jump southeast in peotone.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My liter comes in plastic so it stays there until I mix my juice. Then it’s in glass, 2 60ml bottles, when one is empty I mix up 60mls more so the steep time is the time it takes me to vape 60mls. That takes a few weeks I think? I’ve never really timed it but my juice tastes good by then.
Hey @Letitia i just noticed your location, I’m just a hop skip and jump southeast in peotone.
Long jump, close to 400 miles. I'm in West Frankfort southern IL, not Frankfort northern IL. Was close to 60 degrees here today, I'm staying down here!.:D I was raised in Joliet/Plainfield. Remember winter up there very well.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Long jump, close to 400 miles. I'm in West Frankfort southern IL, not Frankfort northern IL. Was close to 60 degrees here today, I'm staying down here!.:D I was raised in Joliet/Plainfield. Remember winter up there very well.
Oh my bad, lol, I thought it was a little strange you had the West in front of Frankfort. I was thinking you just wanted to be really specific about where in the tiny town you were. Man I would love 60 degrees, I used to enjoy the cold crisp air but the older I get the more it just makes my body hurt.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'm wondering what most diyers use.

You should worry more about how many volatile molecules escape your vessel than about what it is made from. Glass bottles with rubber droppers are probably the worst in this regard.

I use plastic vessels for just about everything because I have yet to hear a cogent argument for the superiority of glass, and plastic is much less expensive.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You should worry more about how many volatile molecules escape your vessel than about what it is made from. Glass bottles with rubber droppers are probably the worst in this regard.

I use plastic vessels for just about everything because I have yet to hear a cogent argument for the superiority of glass, and plastic is much less expensive.
PET plastic maybe, LDPE plastic leaches and allows air in. My glass has plain coned flat top lids.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I don't know is plastic is bad and leaches into the juice or not. But Boston glass 60 ml bottles are cheap around 50 cents each in small quantities and about 30 cents each in a 240 count case.

Good quality plastic ones are around 30 cents each in small quantities.

50 glass bottles will probably do most a lifetime as they are easy to clean and reuse. Glass will last permanently unless you break it. New caps can be gotten for them too.

Plastic picks up flavor and smell, hard to clean and get rid of the smell. Some flavorings can etch plastic if they have acid in them.

The price difference is minimal. Over the long run glass is probably cheaper as plastic doesn't last as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread