Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
PET plastic maybe, LDPE plastic leaches

According to all the info I've found on which plastics leach and which don't...PET bottles are made, and highly recommended, specifically for 1 time use only because of it. LDPE, HDPE, and PP bottles are the ones that do not leach into their contents.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
According to all the info I've found on which plastics leach and which don't...PET bottles are made, and highly recommended, specifically for 1 time use only because of it. LDPE, HDPE, and PP bottles are the ones that do not leach into their contents.
I'm sure you are correct about PET. I do get things mixed up. I never intended to use PET due to it is so hard to squeeze, I prefer squishy. I do know LDPE does allow air in over time. Did more research on those because they are squishy and I like them for everyday use. So for myself, glass for long term steeping and storage. LDPE for using works.
Apologies for the misinformation.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Did more research on those because they are squishy and I like them for everyday use. So for myself, glass for long term steeping and storage. LDPE for using works.
Apologies for the misinformation.

I like and prefer LDPE bottles for dispensing my eliquids, too, since they're nice & "squishy". I use 125mL, 150mL, and 250mL HDPE bottles for bigger batches of my DIY and/or for plain PG and plain VG working bottles...since those gallon jugs I get them in aren't light. I use glass for anything/everything to do with Nic base and my larger bottles of flavorings.

No apologies needed at all. I'm still learning things every day on here myself. :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Nic is transferred to glass. DIY is stored in 60ml Boston Rounds (glass) during steeping (and you have to vape it here and there to test that). Then, it goes into 60ml LDPE bottles with thin tips that fit kayfun fill ports.

I like the clarity of PET, but it doesn't squeeze well for filling atomizers through the KF fill port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread