Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Just wondering how safe these are for storing my flavorings? Are silicone bottles better?
    Hopefully the PET are ok as they have a wide mouth for refilling them.

I use them for my mixes, and no baby gorillas have shown up yet (unfortunately) ;)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I use them for my mixes, and no baby gorillas have shown up yet (unfortunately) ;)
    upload_2019-7-28_23-50-7.jpg

• Winner
    Reactions: HigherStateD

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    @oplholik
    Could look at upper working temperature of Silicone Elastomer (200-260 C) vs PET (115-170 C). This should give you a rough Idea regarding the two materials.
    re: https://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/ThermalPropertiesofPlasticMaterials.pdf
    I also believe that silicone may be a better material over time because it probably (if I recall correctly) has a higher tolerance to environmental aging (exposure to common contact concerns such as heat,oxidation and air carried toxins which can accelerate aging).

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    So off to find another solution.

What kind of bottles would you like to find (ie. glass, LDPE, HDPE, PP, etc.) and what size(s)? Also, with what type of closure (skinny dropper tip & screw on cap, just a polycone cap, a plain screw on cap, etc.)? Do you want colored, translucent, or clear?

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    @oplholik
    Could look at upper working temperature of Silicone Elastomer (200-260 C) vs PET (115-170 C). This should give you a rough Idea regarding the two materials.
    re: https://www.professionalplastics.com/professionalplastics/ThermalPropertiesofPlasticMaterials.pdf
    I also believe that silicone may be a better material over time because it probably (if I recall correctly) has a higher tolerance to environmental aging (exposure to common contact concerns such as heat,oxidation and air carried toxins which can accelerate aging).
    Yes, but there are no large bottles. The biggest I've seen are 30 ml. I use 200ml chubby gorilla.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Yes, but there are no large bottles. The biggest I've seen are 30 ml. I use 200ml chubby gorilla.

For plastic dispensing bottles that are larger...I like and use these from OSDIY in the 240mL size. They have them in other sizes, too.

Natural LDPE Boston Round Bottle with Twist Top Cap

PackagingOptionsDirect.com also carries the same bottles in various sizes. They also sell them in quantity. I've bought many different types of bottles and jugs from them. They have sales, regularly updated Clearance section, etc. They even have discounts on their normal S/H charges at times, too.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I know these (60ml) are out there somewhere because I have a gang of them in different colors.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777ZP5WP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have no idea if they're safe, but I drive my car a lot, and we all know how safe that is (especially the way I drive). :rolleyes:

I only use these for my immediate/on hand use. I store my juices in 125ml amber bottles for long term stuff.

They fit perfectly in my stand.

I never said that my vape standards were high.

Bottles_20190730_143436.jpg

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    What kind of bottles would you like to find (ie. glass, LDPE, HDPE, PP, etc.) and what size(s)? Also, with what type of closure (skinny dropper tip & screw on cap, just a polycone cap, a plain screw on cap, etc.)? Do you want colored, translucent, or clear?

I would like to find 60 ml bottles that have a dripper tip, and bottles with a large mouth for refilling. The Chubby Gorillas I get from a flavor supplier are PET bottles. The 60 ml silicone bottles I've seen are all small mouthed.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I would like to find 60 ml bottles that have a dripper tip, and bottles with a large mouth for refilling. The Chubby Gorillas I get from a flavor supplier are PET bottles. The 60 ml silicone bottles I've seen are all small mouthed.
    Yeah. Silicone bottles tend to be really thick so the mouths are going to be small. Also they’re really squishy.

• Informative
    Reactions: Heartsdelight

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I found these and looks like they would have a large enough mouth.

You said you want to use these for flavorings, right? Are you looking for fairly longterm storage? Reason I ask is LDPE, PP, and HDPE plastics aren't totally impermeable to oxygen. Even though I have literally several thousand new bottles, of those 3 types, that I could use...I moved all of my 2oz. and larger flavorings into glass bottles since it would take me awhile to use up those quantities. I use the PP, LDPE, and HDPE for my eliquids though, because I use them up quicker.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @oplholik - If you definitely want LDPE though, here's a deal from a US eBay seller for 25 of the 60mL LDPE bottles with a wider opening and a twist-top closure (more secure than Yorker caps & tops) for $14 and change including free S/H. I'll keep looking, too, for less expensive ones. That's a decent deal that may be hard to beat though at 58cents per bottle delivered to your door. The other ones you linked to are $1.07 each to your door.

US STOCK 25Pcs 60ml LDPE Empty Twist Top Dropper Liquid Juice Squeeze Bottles | eBay

ETA: Forget these. Title and description don't match. One says LDPE, the other says PET. Sorry!

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    @oplholik - If you definitely want LDPE though, here's a deal from a US eBay seller for 25 of the 60mL LDPE bottles with a wider opening and a twist-top closure (more secure than Yorker caps & tops) for $14 and change including free S/H. I'll keep looking, too, for less expensive ones. That's a decent deal that may be hard to beat though at 58cents per bottle delivered to your door. The other ones you linked to are $1.07 each to your door.

US STOCK 25Pcs 60ml LDPE Empty Twist Top Dropper Liquid Juice Squeeze Bottles | eBay

Not necessarily LDPE, just something for long term, as I would be refilling these with flavors from the vendor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread