Plastic PET Chubby Gorilla bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just looked at the bottles in your link, and down below in the :Item Specifics" I see this.
Material: PET

I had just gone back and seen that, too, while you posted. I was trying to go back and delete my post about them after I saw it. Maybe you could ask the seller for clarification, but the pic of it showing the open bottle without a cap DOES look like it's PET...as LDPE isn't totally clear. I'm sorry I didn't read his description toward the bottom sooner. :(

If you want easy to squeeze, but not PET, the choices would be LDPE or PP.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I had just gone back and seen that, too, while you posted. I was trying to go back and delete my post about them after I saw it. Maybe you could ask the seller for clarification, but the pic of it showing the open bottle without a cap DOES look like it's PET...as LDPE isn't totally clear. I'm sorry I didn't read his description toward the bottom sooner. :(

If you want easy to squeeze, but not PET, the choices would be LDPE or PP.

I sent him a message about them. These don't look like the PET bottles from BCV, the PET bottles from them are a clear plastic, and these are opaque.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
here is a very basic plastic bottle safety discussion

That's a QUITE informative link...but it doesn't address the one simple-minded question I have...

Can I store PET (#1) Chubby Gorilla 120ml. bottles...containing nicotine/WTA ejuice...in the freezer???

Last edited:
Reactions: DPLongo22

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Reactions: DPLongo22

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
reviews say it’s squeezable unlike the more rigid Chubby Gorilla bottles.

Those may be somewhat more squeezeable than regular PET bottles, but they're still PET plastic. The LDPE, HDPE, and PP plastic containers have been found to not leach plastics' chemicals into the contents, even when repeatedly reused. The PET ones did not meet that criteria. Once PET began to slightly change color and/or turn cloudy or "milky", changes were taking place in the plastic itself.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Those may be somewhat more squeezeable than regular PET bottles, but they're still PET plastic. The LDPE, HDPE, and PP plastic containers have been found to not leach plastics' chemicals into the contents, even when repeatedly reused. The PET ones did not meet that criteria. Once PET began to slightly change color and/or turn cloudy or "milky", changes were taking place in the plastic itself.
Thanks for the clarification. :) I liked the measurement lines on them. Oh well, I can skip them now :D

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread