Please Help a Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have tons of e cig stuff and cant get happy with it, no matter what i do its dry and hot and makes me cough like a sob or burns. Im a chain smoker too and have iron lungs so something aint right. I cant get a big cloud of vap like you see in videos. I have all titan 510 related stuff, ive got long manual batteries and short manual ones. Standard carts and atomizers, some weird soft tip prefilled cartomizers that look like a cigarette filter i got from the health cabin and i just picked up some dual coil xl cartomisers from totally wicked. Ive tried a few different TW e liquids like tobacco 18mg menthol 18mg and marlboro 18mg. Ive read a lot and tried every technique in the book and cant get a big hit. Im just really frustrated, have spent quite a bit of money and time on this, i really would like to quite smoking analogs. I will buy more if there is something out there that would provide a thick cool rewarding vape. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you:(:confused::confused::confused:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
I don't know that model. Does it look like a cigarette (skinny)? If it does you're going to get a nasty burnt taste with the dual coil caromizers and it will fry your battery pretty quick. Have you watched videos on filling cartomizers? We can post some good ones here for you if you haven't. Letting them sit a bit after filling helps too. A regular-sized cartomizer takes about 20 drops. Those duals take over 40 and all the fibers need to be soaked. It takes a bit.

Dagar

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
Hampton Roads
I am a noob too. Vaping is a bit different than light up an inhale like an analog. It's more like long slow steady inhale (if you inhale that is) DH inhales like a he's smoking a pipe. If you inhale too long and too hard the vapor will get to hot (at least in my 808 it does). So I take a long drag, hold it like an analog but don't drag on it again right away. There is a certain way to vape. I think the thing I had to learn was to put it down ( it's not going to burn out like an analog). Maybe someone else will have some more tips for you. I know all the tech side of vaping would overwhelm me which is why my husband did all the reading on it. We have standard cartomizers we refill and 808's that look the most like analogs. We found out fresh juice is a key to good vapor. Good luck and hopefully someone else will post some tips, that is just my thoughts on learning to vape.

snails1023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Chicago
First see if you have the atomizer nice and wet. Put about 3 drops of liquid in and take a few primer puffs ( without pushing the button). Then try to take a drag, nice and slow.. the liquid needs time to soak into the mesh and wick. If you are hearing some gurgling when you are doing this, it may be that you put too much liquid in your atomizer. take the atty off and blow some of the excess liquid out into a napkin. Try again. It take a couple of hours to really get a new atty broken into.

Alot of people use low resistance atomizer , it produces a hotter vape along with more vapor. In order to use a low resistance atomizer you would need a bigger battery.
The dual cartomizers you purchased need alot, I mean alot of juice . start dropping in 3 drops at a time against the inside of the carto wait a minute and add another 3 more drop. you will see the juice slowly get absorbed into the filler, you will want to keep dripping into until either the juice starts to come out of the bottom or the top of the filler won't absorb anymore juice.
Then I would lightly blow out the excess into a napkin . Put it on the battery and try taking some puffs. After about 5 puffs it should start producing a good amount of vapor.

Anyway try some of my suggestions , thats my 2 cents... Good vaping!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You should be getting something. Did you purchase this from a TW store? Maybe you could take your kit into the store to get them to help you out. Or, see if you can exchange what you have for a bigger battery model for not a lot of money. I know TW is having a 2 for 1 sale right now.

Hopefully we can help you get it working so you can start vaping.

Maybe you should try 24mg or 36mg liquid. I can't deal with 18mg; it's just too weak for me. It's possible that you have the same problem. Also, get a liquid that has ~20% VG for a nice vapor.

Are you using 100% pg? For more vapor and smoother hit add or get your juice with vg in it. I find 100% pg way to harsh and cough and choke uncontrollably, hth.

Just read the box and the e liquid ive got is pg based, im gonna order some higher strength 36mg vg based and try putting in a little extra vg and see if its smoother.

First see if you have the atomizer nice and wet. Put about 3 drops of liquid in and take a few primer puffs ( without pushing the button). Then try to take a drag, nice and slow.. the liquid needs time to soak into the mesh and wick. If you are hearing some gurgling when you are doing this, it may be that you put too much liquid in your atomizer. take the atty off and blow some of the excess liquid out into a napkin. Try again. It take a couple of hours to really get a new atty broken into.

Alot of people use low resistance atomizer , it produces a hotter vape along with more vapor. In order to use a low resistance atomizer you would need a bigger battery.
The dual cartomizers you purchased need alot, I mean alot of juice . start dropping in 3 drops at a time against the inside of the carto wait a minute and add another 3 more drop. you will see the juice slowly get absorbed into the filler, you will want to keep dripping into until either the juice starts to come out of the bottom or the top of the filler won't absorb anymore juice.
Then I would lightly blow out the excess into a napkin . Put it on the battery and try taking some puffs. After about 5 puffs it should start producing a good amount of vapor.

Anyway try some of my suggestions , thats my 2 cents... Good vaping!

What is a good size battery for the dual coil cartomizer, voltage and mah ? also ive been filling the cartomizers just as you suggested by filling slowly for time to absorb then stop when it drips out the top, connect it to the battery and blow out any extra and puff away. I really would like to use cartomizers, i like the convenience of the cart and atomizer being one piece.

just remembered i forgot to mention ive also got a usb plugin that you screw a atty and cart to do you think that would work ok for the dual coil cartomizer ?

To swedishfish everything was purchased from the TW website with the exception of the soft tip cartomizers i purchased from the healthcabin.net I have tons of stuff, ive even got the personal carrying charger and usb battery from them.

Unfortunately the area i live in is not heavily populated (maine usa) they are going to be no resources available for me around here.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Well
I sorta had the same problems just like everytrhing I tried was not satisfying me and I switched to 808d1 stuff and now I couldn't be happier.

To each their own but if this person isn't getting a good vape with a 510, it's doubtful that a KR808 would make much difference. A 510 with a carto and a KR808 with a carto should give you a fairly good vape. Battery like is another story.

Maybe a bigger battery model with LR atty or cartomizers, or a mod.

Gizmo362

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
North Coast
OK. Vaping is not going to be like actual analog smoking. It's like going from camels to marlboro lights...
You have to have the desire to change your think on this. You are changing a very real brain habit for a substitute habit. It took me about a month to totally quit analogs. It was like starting a daily exersize of vaping instead of smoking. Like any change of habit, you have to 'work' at it. Vapor is not cigarette smoke, plain and simple. My advice is to start with high nicotine 36 or 24mg and go from there. I started chain vaping 24 mg 2 years ago and never went lower. But now I smile to myself when I get into a smoker's car and smell the rank odor of their interior. I can now smell the remnents of cigarette smoke outside a resturant. And food!.... well, I am now watching my weight closer. Just my 2 cents worth. Any habit can be changed if you work at it. P.S. I find 510s to be rather harsh. You might try the 810 style. That is what I started out on and it got me off the analogs. Madvapes have adapters for using the 510 bats to 810 attys.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Look, a bigger hit, also called throat hit or also referred to as the "inhaled feel" of the real thing, comes from two things: higher nicotine content and warmer vapor which comes from better battery PV's.

If you want a better hit, then get a good 5 volt or variable volt PV and you will also get much better consistency. I would look at the 5 volt GLV2 or a good variable volt like the Darwin. I use dual coil cartomizers on both (5 volt/VV) and the hit is very, very good. Not burning, just nice and warm.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
To each their own but if this person isn't getting a good vape with a 510, it's doubtful that a KR808 would make much difference. A 510 with a carto and a KR808 with a carto should give you a fairly good vape. Battery like is another story.

Maybe a bigger battery model with LR atty or cartomizers, or a mod.

Agreed, another mini model PV would just be a waste of money.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
just remembered i forgot to mention ive also got a usb plugin that you screw a atty and cart to do you think that would work ok for the dual coil cartomizer ?

To swedishfish everything was purchased from the TW website with the exception of the soft tip cartomizers i purchased from the healthcabin.net I have tons of stuff, ive even got the personal carrying charger and usb battery from them.

Unfortunately the area i live in is not heavily populated (maine usa) they are going to be no resources available for me around here.

Get some boge 3.0 cartomizers from Good Prophets. They'll work with your 510. Shipping is pretty fast, I think they're in NY and you'll get a much better vape.

Boge 510 Cartomizers for 510 or eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread