Please help me with some starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submarine123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Hey guys, I'm looking into DIY and yet I'm trying to keep things as simple as absolutely possible.

My general plan is simply to take a good little 30ml bottle or so of pre-mixed 70VG, and drop flavors in it drop by drop, starting with a decent tasting base first.

Overall, I'm looking to stick with Capellas much as I absolutely can because I sincerely enjoy the fact that their bottles are squeeze bottles (WHY can't TFA do this when possible???) and I don't have to worry about pipettes getting nasty everywhere and all that stuff. Plus, I need to save on shipping.

I have about a $40 budget to start this experiment with, so I hope to buy 4oz of 70/30 and additional flavors from Capella.

I guess what I'm really looking at however, is just how much I might need to make a decent first juice.

I want to make a general clone of Charlie Noble's Custard, and for good reason.

Used to, their custard was heavenly, it was thick, rich, half eggy, half light, and it had a subtle but addicting key-lime-pie type of crust (without the lime) note. Like a nutmeg crust note. Now, their custard tastes it had a Stevia overdose and now tastes more like a chlorine pool.

So I'm trying to create my old addition. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I don't want it to taste so flat that it tastes like a wet dog.

Generally speaking Capella has good vanilla and custard reviews, but would a recipe generally require other traits like TFA's sweetener, smooth, or anything like that?

And really, if I was winging it by the drops, do you guys have any good recepies in terms of custards? Any advice in that route? I'm not even fooling with nictone yet.

I guess worst case scenario, I want to stick just with TFA and Capella.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You should also know that many recipes have 20% flavoring, and most is PG based. The 70/30 will be altered by using any flavorings. You can also "usually" find 8 ounces of VG (USP grade) in Walmart or drug stores, look in the first aid/skin lotions, and hair sections.

Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Capella, Flavour Art, Flavor West, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor Apprentice)
Wizard Labs (Capella, LorAnn, Seedman, Flavor Apprentice, )
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress (Flavour Art, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavors Express, Natures Flavors,
Signature (TFA), Jungle Flavors, Hangsen, Tasty Puff, Inawera, Capella)
DIY E-Cig Supplies & E-Cigarette Liquid | Make Your Own E-Liquid | RTS Vapes (LorAnn, Capella, Hangsen, Flavour Art, Flavor Apprentice, FLavor Jungle,
Flavor West, Inawera, RTS blends)
Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids - MyFreedomSmokes (LorAnn, Flavour Art, Flavor Apprentice, MFS house blends)
http://www.diyflavorshack.com/ (House blends/brands)
Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors (TPA/TFA)
Capella Flavor Drops - Over 75+ Water Soluble Concentrated Flavorings (Capella)
Flavor West (Flavor West)
DIY E-liquid Supplies - Home (Capella, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavor Apprentice,House Blends)
Wholesale Nicotine, Bulk e-Liquid, PG, VG and Supplies Heartlandvapes Wholesale (Capellas, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavor Apprentice, House Blends)
E-liquid Mart (Capellas, Flavour Art)
Diy E Liquid Flavoring – Wide Range Of Diy E juice Flavors In Us - (Vaping Zone VG flavor, Hangsen)
All Vaping Flavors (Flavorah)
[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine
Flavor Extracts | Madvapes (Madvapes)
DIY Flavors (Ellas, Flavor West, NF Organic, Flavor Apprentice, Capellas)
Product Categories Tasty Puff Flavor Drops | Tastypuff (Tasty Puff)
Vapers Tek (Molin Berry, Inwaera, German Flavors)

PG/VG
Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade
DudaDiesel - Biodiesel, Chemical & Solar Supplies, Alternative Energy Store
Glycerin | Bulk Apothecary

E JUICE CALCULATOR
eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator <--download I use
DIY E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors Plus PG/VG Adjusting <---online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread