Please help new vmod atomizer trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Austin, Tx
I purchased a vmod 2.0 and it was pretty good for about 4 hours. I think the atomizer is already gunked up. I have Boba's Bounty in it and the vapor is small and burnt tasting. (not dry burnt taste) Do I clean it with pga? Can I dry burn it? How do I get the crust off? If the atomizer only lasts 4 hours before it needs to be cleaned it is not really worth it, is it? Do you keep several atomizers and constantly swap and clean? I bought the vmod just so I could vape boba without all the trouble. I am not ready to order a diff atomizer, I want to see if I like the device first but 4 hours is not long enough to make that decision.

Thank you!!!!

stonedkirby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
NY
Boba is 100% VG and more likely to gunk than most juices. If that is the case, a drop or two of distilled water to each refill, shake, and that will thin it out. I'm probably at the same point with my atty and my only issue is the well for juice and atty is flooded, so I removed the bottle and am trying to vape it out- it still is working perfectly for me but the draw is gurgly and harder now because of it. Are you sure its not flooding a bit, maybe you squeezed too much juice up?

tlynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Austin, Tx
Boba is 100% VG and more likely to gunk than most juices. If that is the case, a drop or two of distilled water to each refill, shake, and that will thin it out. I'm probably at the same point with my atty and my only issue is the well for juice and atty is flooded, so I removed the bottle and am trying to vape it out- it still is working perfectly for me but the draw is gurgly and harder now because of it. Are you sure its not flooding a bit, maybe you squeezed too much juice up?

Hi Stoned, I thought flooding but there was no gurgling. I soaked in pga but have not tried it again. I am using the included carto and it works better than expected....lets see how long it lasts :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Thanks Six but I do not have a meter.

Handy tool for trouble shooting vape gear. Harbor freight has a DMM for about five bucks. Madvapes, COV, Nhaler, RTD, etc etc etc etc etc all sell a DMM between eight and sixteen dollars. Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and any auto parts store will have one for around twenty.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
And -- do try the new slant coil (aka ShiFu) vapage attys. As far as I know, the new atty hasn't been included in the kits yet though I'm sure they will at some point in the future. (All the 1.5 and 2.0 attys available now are the new slant coil version.)

My earlier hybrids lasted several days and sometimes not....as it's been with most attys for me. With the ShiFu I've used up to 60% vg and have run over 25 mils through it with no loss of performance and no special care needed....so far. Others have similar reports on the new slant coil spec Hybrid Atty.

In the past I have used Boba's in the vmod with no trouble at all. I think all of the posts above are great answers. I've found that if I do flood the atty -- just set it down for a couple minutes -- the excess liquid will mostly drain back into the chamber. I even flood it on purpose sometimes to "grease the wheels". It seems to help it stay cleaner. YMMV

PS -- that Silo can be pretty amazing. I've had them last longer than most attys. Not all of them, but I've had the Energizer Bunny of cartos with the silo more than once.

Last edited:

arewethereyet

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Mars
And -- do try the new slant coil (aka ShiFu) vapage attys. As far as I know, the new atty hasn't been included in the kits yet though I'm sure they will at some point in the future. (All the 1.5 and 2.0 attys available now are the new slant coil version.)

My earlier hybrids lasted several days and sometimes not....as it's been with most attys for me. With the ShiFu I've used up to 60% vg and have run over 25 mils through it with no loss of performance and no special care needed....so far. Others have similar reports on the new slant coil spec Hybrid Atty.

In the past I have used Boba's in the vmod with no trouble at all. I think all of the posts above are great answers. I've found that if I do flood the atty -- just set it down for a couple minutes -- the excess liquid will mostly drain back into the chamber. I even flood it on purpose sometimes to "grease the wheels". It seems to help it stay cleaner. YMMV

PS -- that Silo can be pretty amazing. I've had them last longer than most attys. Not all of them, but I've had the Energizer Bunny of cartos with the silo more than once.

Where can I buy the Shi-Fu spec coil atty? Would rather not deal with vapage if possible.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Atty's often come with a plastic cover on them that has a teeny tiny hole. Sometimes it is brown (filter color) and sometimes it is black. I think most people just take them off and toss them. Vapage's usually come with a little whitish rubbery condom or 2. :oops: Sorry, that's the coined name around these parts.

A drip tip is most likely that black sort of plastic feeling shaped piece that fits into the atty and what you put in your mouth to draw the vapor. Mouthpiece would probably be a more descriptive word. They can be bought tons of places and come in all kinds of colors, materials, price ranges and even some unique shapes.

Take your time, and investigate a bit. There is an overload of info here on ECF and it can be hard to wade through info.

The atty's from BWB are most likely JoyE's. BWB is a great vendor and has a very good reputation. Great e-liquid. I don't know the best priced place for 510 atty's right now.....I bought a supply :).

LR and SR and HR -- Low Resistance, Standard Resistance and High Resistance. LR is an atty with an ohm resistance of 2.0 or below. Most sold as LR are 1.5. Most vendors now will sell atty's with specific ohm's references. The lower the ohm the hotter the vape. I think it's best to start out higher than that (especially if you have been used to a mini-ecig as they are often in the 2.8-3.0 range) and then try the other ranges. Standard Resistance -- which is 2.2-2.5 ohms, if not further delineated, is a good place to start.

I haven't read it recently, but before the forum pages ECF has a guide which might be useful.

The best way to know if an atty is dead for sure is to get a cheap multimeter. Search and find the video's on how to use it to test attys and batteries. And then, test the atty. A multimeter (for about $7 at Harbor Freight and battery vendors often have them for 15-20) is something every advanced vapor should own.

I'll let someone else tackle the bridgeless question. Some say the Vapage Hybrid is bridgeless. There are others....but I'm not familiar with them.

Most of all -- Have fun with it, somehow. Vaping really enabled me to get off the "analogs" and I recommend it highly.

arewethereyet

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Mars
Atty's often come with a plastic cover on them that has a teeny tiny hole. Sometimes it is brown (filter color) and sometimes it is black. I think most people just take them off and toss them. Vapage's usually come with a little whitish rubbery condom or 2. :oops: Sorry, that's the coined name around these parts.

A drip tip is most likely that black sort of plastic feeling shaped piece that fits into the atty and what you put in your mouth to draw the vapor. Mouthpiece would probably be a more descriptive word. They can be bought tons of places and come in all kinds of colors, materials, price ranges and even some unique shapes.

Take your time, and investigate a bit. There is an overload of info here on ECF and it can be hard to wade through info.

The atty's from BWB are most likely JoyE's. BWB is a great vendor and has a very good reputation. Great e-liquid. I don't know the best priced place for 510 atty's right now.....I bought a supply :).

LR and SR and HR -- Low Resistance, Standard Resistance and High Resistance. LR is an atty with an ohm resistance of 2.0 or below. Most sold as LR are 1.5. Most vendors now will sell atty's with specific ohm's references. The lower the ohm the hotter the vape. I think it's best to start out higher than that (especially if you have been used to a mini-ecig as they are often in the 2.8-3.0 range) and then try the other ranges. Standard Resistance -- which is 2.2-2.5 ohms, if not further delineated, is a good place to start.

I haven't read it recently, but before the forum pages ECF has a guide which might be useful.

The best way to know if an atty is dead for sure is to get a cheap multimeter. Search and find the video's on how to use it to test attys and batteries. And then, test the atty. A multimeter (for about $7 at Harbor Freight and battery vendors often have them for 15-20) is something every advanced vapor should own.

I'll let someone else tackle the bridgeless question. Some say the Vapage Hybrid is bridgeless. There are others....but I'm not familiar with them.

Most of all -- Have fun with it, somehow. Vaping really enabled me to get off the "analogs" and I recommend it highly.

Thank you Tearose50! You are awesome!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
AMG Hybrid Bottom Feeder (2-pack)

"The Hybrid BF 1.5ohm and 2.0ohm Atomizers have been up-dated with our new Pro Spec Slant Coil to give the great flavor and hit you like..."

It's now the "Pro Spec Slant Coil". I guess too many people got confused with the chinese words ShiFu? :laugh: If you look at the picture you can see all those coil wraps---and that's the most obvious visual change.

Do note that it is only available in 1.5 and 2.0 at this time. And, as it is totally replacing the earlier specs, eventually the kits will contain them as well. I do not know if other Vapage Vendors have the Slant Coil Spec'd atty or not, yet.

One more thing --- vapin15 for 15% off -- good anytime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread