Status
Not open for further replies.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
picture006.jpg picture007.jpg picture008.jpg picture009.jpg

A friend of mine gave me this - he won it at a raffle at a local vape meet. Have no idea who made this.

1. It has a circuit board - does that mean it is a protected PV/mod? May not be using the correct terminology - it is similar to a MVP 2.0 as far as "safety" Pic 3 shows the board.

2. In the 2nd pic - you can see the white button for firing it. There is also a red button and led screen - it it one of those push buttons - not sure how to explain this - but this is what it does on a 2.0ohm Kanger coil - red button not pressed in, fire it - LED reads 6.7. Button pressed in, fire, LED reads 5.4. I am thinking it is adjusting the volts or wattage or something. Do you know what this button does and what do the LED reads mean?

3. Buddy was using Utra fire 2 x 14500 bats - TR 14500 1200mAh 3.7v - "High rate discharge, no memory effect. Short circuit, over charge and Discharge protection". Are these ok to use in this? If not what should I get?

4. Depending on your answer to #3 - can i use my Nitecore Intellicharger i2 to charge these batteries? Charger says compatible with Li-ion.

Thank you...........:)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
What you have there is The Coffin mod from MotorCityMods created and built by jeffakaslinger. The website is no longer active and it seems as though there are some copies of it that are starting to show up now. C2C is now carrying one, and they say they are made by VaperJeeper... Not sure if it's the same guy, but all signs i've found say their not because of the location of the firing button.

As to the buttons, I think the white is to fire and the red is to change voltage from what I remember. I personally would never use a battery with "fire" anywhere in the name, but I am from the old school of vaping and have seen way too many failures, (performance), with them, including their chargers... The batteries you have will charge in your Nitecore charger, but I would upgrade to an AW IMR or EFest battery if I were in your shoes.

Almost forgot, #1 yes it would be protected the same as your MVP device...

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
What you have there is The Coffin mod from MotorCityMods created and built by jeffakaslinger. The website is no longer active and it seems as though there are some copies of it that are starting to show up now. C2C is now carrying one, and they say they are made by VaperJeeper... Not sure if it's the same guy, but all signs i've found say their not because of the location of the firing button.

As to the buttons, I think the white is to fire and the red is to change voltage from what I remember. I personally would never use a battery with "fire" anywhere in the name, but I am from the old school of vaping and have seen way too many failures, (performance), with them, including their chargers... The batteries you have will charge in your Nitecore charger, but I would upgrade to an AW IMR or EFest battery if I were in your shoes.

Thank you - I will get better batts - Now I remember reading abt them "fire" batts.....lol.......the red button is still confusing - the LEDs read either 6.7 or 5.4 when fired - depending on if the red button is pushed in or out. You think that may be showing WATS. 6.7 volts seems very high.......

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

The ones from C2C don't have nearly the detail. I keep thinking I have seen the OP's coffin one somewhere. I'll post it if I remember.

Gold Coffin MOD with Skull

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Somehow, that red button must be involved in CHANGING the voltage.
Perhaps by holding it down for a few seconds to get into a "menu" after which pressing it will cycle through the various voltage choices?
I am TOTALLY guessing - but with that circuit board, it's almost certain the red button will do that. It may also allow you to take a reading of the resistance of your coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread