Please Resume Provari Hardware Sales to Arkansas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Yesterday I tried to order some replacement springs and thread grease for my Provari P3. The Provape website would not accept my order since I am in Arkansas. Arkansas was removed from the dropdown menu as a shipping destination. Arkansas did recently pass some regulations on vaping (read Legislation forum for more details). There has been some confusion on its details and actual effect. It appears to primarily curtail/ban online e-juice orders from Arkansas. It does not ban online sales of vaping hardware to Arkansas in general. I, for one, will continue to urge my state representatives to refine or repeal this onerous law.

It looks like Provape erred on the side of caution and is not allowing any orders of any kind to be shipped to Arkansas. I sincerely urge the folks at Provape to take a closer look at the legislation and resume the shipment of their excellent hardware and accessories to the citizens of Arkansas. Just because they may not be able to ship e-juice to consumers in Arkansas is no reason to deprive us of the opportunity to purchase their other excellent products (including, in my opinion, the world's finest personal vaporizers).

I sent an email to the Arkansas Tobacco Control board for clarification. Here is their reply:

ATC20150929.JPG

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Maybe if they are going to start doing this, Provari can put up a list on their website of states they do not ship to, so you can check before you try to order.
Yes, that would be helpful. But it still seems like it would be to their advantage to be able to allow legitimate sales, in this case hardware and accessories, to go through. I am thinking they should start planning for such contingencies since it is unlikely that this sort of regulation will be unique to Arkansas in the future. I bet that if it were a larger state then Provape would have already made the accommodations rather than just ceasing ALL sales to the state.

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Yes, an e-mail would be a good idea if you haven't already done it.
Yes I have emailed Provape and included the email from the attorney at the Arkansas Tobacco Control (ATC). I also asked the ATC attorney, who seems quite helpful, to contact Provape directly to clarify the Arkansas law. I started this thread in hopes of promoting a broader discussion about Provape in particular and other vendors in general. It is not hard to imagine that other states will adopt, wrongly in my opinion, similar regulations and that these circumstances will affect other vendors in the near future.

Reactions: oplholik

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
If you're a ProVari owner, who bought your PV through ProVape- they're your supplier. I believe in my core being, they're a company devoted to taking care of their customers. you might however need to remove the eliquid from an order until legislation changes in AK, if thats the glitch. I encourage you to eMail or click "chat" from the website. Someone in Customer service can probably come up with a solution. I see they've already chimed in here. You're in good hands, and thats why we're devotees to the core.
All the Best!

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
Update - I have received an email from Provape support. They are going to send me the springs at no charge and apologized for the confusion. They went on to explain that since they currently have no way to review the online shopping carts the most expedient thing they could do was remove Arkansas from the shipping list on the shopping cart. Since Arkansas customers cannot use the online shop the email advised that they should contact Provape directly so they can individually handle legitimate transactions. The good news is that Provape will not be leaving their Arkansas customers completely cutoff.

I responded and urged them work with their web developers to come up with a better solution since I believe it is likely that similar legislative madness will spread to other states in the future. In the interim I asked them to post some sort of notice or FAQ for Arkansas customers.

At least for the short term I am pleased with Provape's response and they have lived up to their reputation for excellent customer service. I'll be keenly interested in how they, and other vendors, handle these situations into the future.

Tomorrow AR

May 25, 2015
Arkansas, USA
If you're a ProVari owner, who bought your PV through ProVape- they're your supplier. I believe in my core being, they're a company devoted to taking care of their customers. you might however need to remove the eliquid from an order until legislation changes in AK, if thats the glitch. I encourage you to eMail or click "chat" from the website. Someone in Customer service can probably come up with a solution. I see they've already chimed in here. You're in good hands, and thats why we're devotees to the core.
All the Best!
I remain a Provari devotee. :) It is not their fault that ignorant legislators in AR enacted some ill-advised law that was most likely written and promoted by big tobacco interests.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Update - I have received an email from Provape support. They are going to send me the springs at no charge and apologized for the confusion. They went on to explain that since they currently have no way to review the online shopping carts the most expedient thing they could do was remove Arkansas from the shipping list on the shopping cart. Since Arkansas customers cannot use the online shop the email advised that they should contact Provape directly so they can individually handle legitimate transactions. The good news is that Provape will not be leaving their Arkansas customers completely cutoff.

I responded and urged them work with their web developers to come up with a better solution since I believe it is likely that similar legislative madness will spread to other states in the future. In the interim I asked them to post some sort of notice or FAQ for Arkansas customers.

At least for the short term I am pleased with Provape's response and they have lived up to their reputation for excellent customer service. I'll be keenly interested in how they, and other vendors, handle these situations into the future.

I am so pleased to hear this! At the same time, I expected no less of them. They're an outstanding company, one we all should use as a roll model for the rebuilding of American manufacturing.

HAve you been active with CASAA? Are the good folks of AR fighting this lame bit of legislation?
I live in a state that "took the cake" so to speak for enacting the highest number of ANTZ legis. We need to fight for our individual rights, fight to educate the lawmakers, and/or at least support those who are fighting on our behalf.

I wish you all the best and only success ahead.

Reactions: element77

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Yesterday I tried to order some replacement springs and thread grease for my Provari P3. The Provape website would not accept my order since I am in Arkansas. Arkansas was removed from the dropdown menu as a shipping destination. Arkansas did recently pass some regulations on vaping (read Legislation forum for more details). There has been some confusion on its details and actual effect. It appears to primarily curtail/ban online e-juice orders from Arkansas. It does not ban online sales of vaping hardware to Arkansas in general. I, for one, will continue to urge my state representatives to refine or repeal this onerous law.

It looks like Provape erred on the side of caution and is not allowing any orders of any kind to be shipped to Arkansas. I sincerely urge the folks at Provape to take a closer look at the legislation and resume the shipment of their excellent hardware and accessories to the citizens of Arkansas. Just because they may not be able to ship e-juice to consumers in Arkansas is no reason to deprive us of the opportunity to purchase their other excellent products (including, in my opinion, the world's finest personal vaporizers).

I sent an email to the Arkansas Tobacco Control board for clarification. Here is their reply:

View attachment 494570

Mr.Darrow needs to perhaps be "enlightened" as far as the day to day operations of running a nationwide/international company handling a combination of wholesale and retail operations, online and brick and mortar businesses. Im sure he's trying to be helpful in his own way, not aware of the impracticality of businesses watching each piece of legislation in all 50 states, and something like 16 or more countries. (I dont recall how many retailers overseas carry ProVari gear).

Reactions: element77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread