Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Sorry admins, for some reason I can never find the rda section.

Well, today is my birthday and it's a good day because my Plume Veil Clone by Acerig from SolidVapes arrived today. It was $23.99 and from a brand new clone line. Below are some photos of the unboxing and testing it's fit on my Turtle Ship.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It does have the gold-plated well that some complain about, but I don't really care lol. In just excited to build it!

I will do a more thorough review once it's has been built and vaped on a bit. :vapor:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Well, it's off to a bad start so far. I just tried building a dual coil setup and one of the center post screw holes is a wider bore than the others. The included screws don't work in that hole and I cannot tighten the coil lead down at all. On my way to the hardware store, however, this is a pretty big strike if you ask me.

image.jpg

Will keep this updated.

bwisdom909

Oct 17, 2013
Diamond Bar
Same here the post holes were drilled out too big and the screws fall to the bottom. Ive tried every screw but still no luck :( also my air holes do not line up unless i pull the top cap up to where you can see the o rings. Then, they still arent alined perfect. I may just buy the real one or wait till the quality is better on the clones

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Okay, I went to Ace and they had some replacement screws. I built a 0.26 Ohm dual coil setup with 24 guage kanthal and let me tell you, this thing is freaking awesome. Great flavor and great vapor. It's actually my favorite of the RDA's I have.

The gold-plated well makes for a little bit of a hard wick tuck but nothing someone who has been doing this for a while can't handle. I absolutely love that each coil is independent if the other, it makes for the best possible contact for the leads of each coil.

Besides the screw issue, a total of $0.66 to fix, I highly recommend this clone. It was definitely a great birthday present to myself! Not to mention, it looks amazing on any brushed mod. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I got the same clone in the mail today and didn't have any issue with the screws just had to make sure it went in straight and it was fine... One thing I noticed right away is how much I miss my Magma juice well stupid thing leaked with like 8 drips..... pfft it blows clouds but the flavor doesn't touch Magma imo... going back to the Magma I'm too much of a flavor chaser.. Plume Veil is nice but not for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Looney Bin

Jul 25, 2014
In the asylum
I got the same clone in the mail today and didn't have any issue with the screws just had to make sure it went in straight and it was fine... One thing I noticed right away is how much I miss my Magma juice well stupid thing leaked with like 8 drips..... pfft it blows clouds but the flavor doesn't touch Magma imo... going back to the Magma I'm too much of a flavor chaser.. Plume Veil is nice but not for me

Id take it off your hands for the right price.;)

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Its definitely going to be my next rda. Lots of thought went into this design. What other attys do you have that you are comparing it to?

I have the Stillare, Patriot, Tobh Atty, and have used the Zenith, Helios, Enigma, and Omega. My next purchase will be the Magma.

What size screws did you get? My clone arrives tomorrow afternoon and I'm breaking this sucker in during a road trip. I don't want my vape going down in the middle the trip lol.

You may not have the same problem, I may have just gotten a bunk center pin. The screws I got are 1/16" in diameter and 3/16" in total length including the head. It's not even with the other screws but it gets the job done, and well for that matter.

You can see how much wider it needed to be in this photo. Dafuq?!?!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I had to use the screws of the Stillare. It was big enough to thread in the post.

Was only one of the center post screw holes messed up like mine?

I have most of those. Good to hear. Just something about all the air flow options that peaks my interest. I love the magma its a flavor machine.

The airflow options are great! There are two small holes on the outside of the well near the o-rings, I can't figure out what they are for

Magma is absolutely amazing I don't see how anything is going to beat it for ease of use and flavor by far my favorite vaping device ever by a long shot.

Thats what I hear! I hear a lot of the same about the Plume Veil though so I'm surprised you didn't like it!

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Was only one of the center post screw holes messed up like mine?

The airflow options are great! There are two small holes on the outside of the well near the o-rings, I can't figure out what they are for

Thats what I hear! I hear a lot of the same about the Plume Veil though so I'm surprised you didn't like it!

Believe they send airflow thru the neg post to the coils

Looney Bin

Jul 25, 2014
In the asylum
Those holes in the deck by the o rings are to bring in air flow by the negative post from under the coil. You should have 3 places of adjustable air flow. The deck holes should line up and be adjustable with the holes In the outer barrel. Then the slot on the side is adjustable for dual and single coil and the adjustable delrin insulator that opens or closes the holes up by the drip tip.

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Believe they send airflow thru the neg post to the coils

I thought so!

Those holes in the deck by the o rings are to bring in air flow by the negative post from under the coil. You should have 3 places of adjustable air flow. The deck holes should line up and be adjustable with the holes In the outer barrel. Then the slot on the side is adjustable for dual and single coil and the adjustable delrin insulator that opens or closes the holes up by the drip tip.

Holy goodness! I didn't even notice the holes near the drip tip. I'm liking this RDA a lot more now!

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States

I'm not a cloud chaser and nothing is practical as far as drippers for everyday daily use for me except the Magma. You take two hits and your empty with the plume veil or your leaking all out the sides

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Well, it's off to a bad start so far. I just tried building a dual coil setup and one of the center post screw holes is a wider bore than the others. The included screws don't work in that hole and I cannot tighten the coil lead down at all. On my way to the hardware store, however, this is a pretty big strike if you ask me.

Will keep this updated.

I had the same issue, when using larger gauge wire like 22 and 24 screws won't tighten down enough. Only two out of the ten screws worked with larger gauge wire.

Good thing we only paid $20 something bucks!

=\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread