The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Plume Veil Clone

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Cullin Kin, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cullin Kin

Cullin Kin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Sorry admins, for some reason I can never find the RDA section.

Well, today is my birthday and it's a good day because my Plume Veil Clone by Acerig from SolidVapes arrived today. It was $23.99 and from a brand new clone line. Below are some photos of the unboxing and testing it's fit on my Turtle Ship.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It does have the gold-plated well that some complain about, but I don't really care lol. In just excited to build it!

I will do a more thorough review once it's has been built and vaped on a bit. :vapor:

2. Nice man! I look forward to your review!

3. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Well, it's off to a bad start so far. I just tried building a dual coil setup and one of the center post screw holes is a wider bore than the others. The included screws don't work in that hole and I cannot tighten the coil lead down at all. On my way to the hardware store, however, this is a pretty big strike if you ask me.

image.jpg

Will keep this updated.

4. JulesXsmokr

JulesXsmokr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I haven't heard of a good plume veil clone available yet that I would buy.. Remember "Ace is the Place" :D

5. bwisdom909

bwisdom909 Full Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Diamond Bar
    Same here the post holes were drilled out too big and the screws fall to the bottom. Ive tried every screw but still no luck :( also my air holes do not line up unless i pull the top cap up to where you can see the o rings. Then, they still arent alined perfect. I may just buy the real one or wait till the quality is better on the clones

6. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Okay, I went to Ace and they had some replacement screws. I built a 0.26 Ohm dual coil setup with 24 guage kanthal and let me tell you, this thing is freaking awesome. Great flavor and great vapor. It's actually my favorite of the RDA's I have.

The gold-plated well makes for a little bit of a hard wick tuck but nothing someone who has been doing this for a while can't handle. I absolutely love that each coil is independent if the other, it makes for the best possible contact for the leads of each coil.

Besides the screw issue, a total of $0.66 to fix, I highly recommend this clone. It was definitely a great birthday present to myself! Not to mention, it looks amazing on any brushed mod. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

7. Jdbaker82

Jdbaker82 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 16, 2014
    United States
    I got the same clone in the mail today and didn't have any issue with the screws just had to make sure it went in straight and it was fine... One thing I noticed right away is how much I miss my Magma juice well stupid thing leaked with like 8 drips..... pfft it blows clouds but the flavor doesn't touch Magma imo... going back to the Magma I'm too much of a flavor chaser.. Plume Veil is nice but not for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

8. Looney Bin

Looney Bin Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    In the asylum
    Its definitely going to be my next rda. Lots of thought went into this design. What other attys do you have that you are comparing it to?

9. Looney Bin

Looney Bin Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    In the asylum
    Id take it off your hands for the right price.;)

10. dannyrl

dannyrl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2014
    Hillsboro, OR
    What size screws did you get? My clone arrives tomorrow afternoon and I'm breaking this sucker in during a road trip. I don't want my vape going down in the middle the trip lol.

11. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    I have the Stillare, Patriot, Tobh Atty, and have used the Zenith, Helios, Enigma, and Omega. My next purchase will be the Magma.

You may not have the same problem, I may have just gotten a bunk center pin. The screws I got are 1/16" in diameter and 3/16" in total length including the head. It's not even with the other screws but it gets the job done, and well for that matter.

You can see how much wider it needed to be in this photo. Dafuq?!?!

image.jpg

12. G-weezy

G-weezy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Minneapolis
    I had to use the screws of the Stillare. It was big enough to thread in the post.

13. Looney Bin

Looney Bin Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    In the asylum
    I have most of those. Good to hear. Just something about all the air flow options that peaks my interest. I love the magma its a flavor machine.

14. Jdbaker82

May 16, 2014
    United States
    Magma is absolutely amazing I don't see how anything is going to beat it for ease of use and flavor by far my favorite vaping device ever by a long shot.

15. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    Was only one of the center post screw holes messed up like mine?

The airflow options are great! There are two small holes on the outside of the well near the o-rings, I can't figure out what they are for

Thats what I hear! I hear a lot of the same about the Plume Veil though so I'm surprised you didn't like it!

16. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Believe they send airflow thru the neg post to the coils

17. Looney Bin

Looney Bin Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    In the asylum
    Those holes in the deck by the o rings are to bring in air flow by the negative post from under the coil. You should have 3 places of adjustable air flow. The deck holes should line up and be adjustable with the holes In the outer barrel. Then the slot on the side is adjustable for dual and single coil and the adjustable delrin insulator that opens or closes the holes up by the drip tip.

18. Cullin Kin

Jun 28, 2014
    The 3Oh!3, Colorado
    I thought so!

Holy goodness! I didn't even notice the holes near the drip tip. I'm liking this RDA a lot more now!

19. Jdbaker82

May 16, 2014
    United States
    I'm not a cloud chaser and nothing is practical as far as drippers for everyday daily use for me except the Magma. You take two hits and your empty with the plume veil or your leaking all out the sides

20. mrengles

mrengles Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    I had the same issue, when using larger gauge wire like 22 and 24 screws won't tighten down enough. Only two out of the ten screws worked with larger gauge wire.

Good thing we only paid $20 something bucks!

=\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.