Not open for further replies.

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
@Cullen Kin,

Both positive posts are bad. But I managed to get it to work.

@JDBaker

Also if you are taking 2 hits and running out of juices you might need to try new wicking methods. I run 2 styles. iTeo and U wick style. Both cotton and Rayon. My builds are in the .20-.35 range and I can get about 10 pulls with all airflow open.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
by6atere.jpg
@Cullen Kin,

Both positive posts are bad. But I managed to get it to work.

@JDBaker

Also if you are taking 2 hits and running out of juices you might need to try new wicking methods. I run 2 styles. iTeo and U wick style. Both cotton and Rayon. My builds are in the .20-.35 range and I can get about 10 pulls with all airflow open.

I was exaggerating a bit obviously just saying it's capacity is lacking especially compared to the Magma the well is very small and the air flow holes are right above it... I do like the plume veil better then all other RDAs that being said except for the Magma :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

dannyrl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Hillsboro, OR
Just got my clone today and here's my initial thoughts and comparison to my previous rda - the EHpro Atomic.

My Plume Veil clone has a poorly drilled positive block too. One hole is drilled higher than the other and there aren't enough threads for me to secure the screw down when I run my parallel coil through it. Luckily the other hole is fine and I'm a single coil guy anyway so I'm good for now. But if I was a dual coil guy, this rda would be no good to me.

Comparing this to my EHpro Atomic clone, build quality is not even close. My Atomic could probably pass for a real one, while this Plume Veil clone shows signs every where. Don't get me wrong, the outside of the Plume Veil looks great and I'm happy they ditched the Plume Veil markings. The clone also came clean with no signs of machining bits or oil anywhere. But when you break the clone down, things get a little ugly. The negative post air holes don't completely line up - one hole will be wide open and the opposite side will be a little more than 3/4 open. This also causes an annoying whistle when I'm taking a hit. The positive post block is messy. The included screws are a little too long for my posts.

However, flavor is better and vapor production is much better than my Atomic. Also, the juice wells are much deeper thus this RDA leaks a lot less than my Atomic. This RDA also fits my Sentinel M16 clone much better. Will this clone replace my Atomic? I'm not sure yet. I'll be taking this clone with me on a weekend long road trip so that will determine if I ditch my Atomic or not.

Overall, I'm not completely satisfied, and all my excitement keeping track of this thing on USPS tracking wasn't worth it yet.

vape2_zps4a8c31b0.jpg

vape1_zpsdf39aafe.jpg

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Just got my clone today and here's my initial thoughts and comparison to my previous RDA - the EHpro Atomic.

My Plume Veil clone has a poorly drilled positive block too. One hole is drilled higher than the other and there aren't enough threads for me to secure the screw down when I run my parallel coil through it. Luckily the other hole is fine and I'm a single coil guy anyway so I'm good for now. But if I was a dual coil guy, this RDA would be no good to me.

Comparing this to my EHpro Atomic clone, build quality is not even close. My Atomic could probably pass for a real one, while this Plume Veil clone shows signs every where. Don't get me wrong, the outside of the Plume Veil looks great and I'm happy they ditched the Plume Veil markings. The clone also came clean with no signs of machining bits or oil anywhere. But when you break the clone down, things get a little ugly. The negative post air holes don't completely line up - one hole will be wide open and the opposite side will be a little more than 3/4 open. This also causes an annoying whistle when I'm taking a hit. The positive post block is messy. The included screws are a little too long for my posts.

However, flavor is better and vapor production is much better than my Atomic. Also, the juice wells are much deeper thus this RDA leaks a lot less than my Atomic. This RDA also fits my Sentinel M16 clone much better. Will this clone replace my Atomic? I'm not sure yet. I'll be taking this clone with me on a weekend long road trip so that will determine if I ditch my Atomic or not.

Overall, I'm not completely satisfied, and all my excitement keeping track of this thing on USPS tracking wasn't worth it yet.

It definitely looks beautiful from the outside. If you're going to mess up an RDA though, I'd rather it be in form than function. I mean come on, you messed up where the freaking coil leads need to be tightened down Acerig! Of all things!

Go here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ by clicking on the "Forums" link on the top left of any page. Scroll down until you see the "Assorted PV Topics" forum. Then click on the "Rebuildable Atomizer Systems" sub-forum link.

Thank you, I actually wrote that down. lol

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Olay, so today I went to a local B&M and picked up a Tobeco Magma. Built a 0.28 dual coil setup on it and wicked down into the wells

I absolutely love the deep juice wells. As everyone says the flavor is amazing. Definitely noticeable between my other RDA's.

One thing I don't like is the air hole adjustment, and for me, there is not enough air and I feel constricted while inhaling.

The screws for the coil leads are flawless which is relief from the Acerig Plume Veil clone... I still need to perfect doing dual coils through the same holes as these ones came out a little uneven, any suggestions?

Overall, I like this RDA a lot but not enough to invest in the authentic.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
guys if you want a bigger juice well just wait for the plume veil v1.5 it has a deeper juice well

Where do you see that it will have a bigger juice well? I don't see that in the new features/specifications anywhere. It also may be six months before a quality clone is out. I'm the kind of vaper that buys the clone, and if I like the clone then I will purchase the authentic.

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Got mine in the mail the other day - quite disappointed. I had been using an IGO-W for the longest time and this clone wasn't even close. It came in with stripped out posts and there were gold shards sticking out from the mod that would not come off with washing. Horrible construction quality. I am trying to get it returned to the distributor and just going to wait for a better version of the clone to come out....maybe. I played with a friends Plume Veil and his was having troubles as well, but it did work. MASSIVE clouds from a 5 wrap 24G build...but when we tried a 6 wrap 26G (my normal go-to setup) the flavor was lacking unless all but one of the airflow systems were closed off. From my experience - I am not impressed. Too many negatives and not enough positives for me to be 'thrilled' about it. The manufacturer agreed to exchange it, but I am not sure that they will return it. If I can only exchange it I will be selling it upon arrival.

IMO:

Pros: huge clouds and can get proper flavor at serious sub ohms if you like that type of setup. Seriously, go-to mod for a cloud competition!

Cons: build quality, build quality, build quality....and for me - too much going on to adjust on the go.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Got mine in the mail the other day - quite disappointed. I had been using an IGO-W for the longest time and this clone wasn't even close. It came in with stripped out posts and there were gold shards sticking out from the mod that would not come off with washing. Horrible construction quality. I am trying to get it returned to the distributor and just going to wait for a better version of the clone to come out....maybe. I played with a friends Plume Veil and his was having troubles as well, but it did work. MASSIVE clouds from a 5 wrap 24G build...but when we tried a 6 wrap 26G (my normal go-to setup) the flavor was lacking unless all but one of the airflow systems were closed off. From my experience - I am not impressed. Too many negatives and not enough positives for me to be 'thrilled' about it. The manufacturer agreed to exchange it, but I am not sure that they will return it. If I can only exchange it I will be selling it upon arrival.

IMO:

Pros: huge clouds and can get proper flavor at serious sub ohms if you like that type of setup. Seriously, go-to mod for a cloud competition!

Cons: build quality, build quality, build quality....and for me - too much going on to adjust on the go.

All the center post needs are bigger screws. They are just drilled a little wider which is weird. The gold issue is weird though, I didn't have that.

What we all have to remember is that this is a *clone*, a cheap replica for those of us who don't want to fork out $120.00 for the authentic one or the soon to come v1.5's. There are bound to be defects and problems with clones, especially first runs like these. No point in getting heated over it, especially since the fix (for me) was a 10 minute drive and a $0.66 expense.

I'd like to elaborate on my review of the Plume Veil clone now that I have had it for a day. I LOVE IT. I have a dual coil (thanks to the new screws 1/16" diameter X 3/16" total length) setup with 24 gauge kanthal wrapped 8 times around a 1.5mm post producing a resistance of 0.26Ω and drawing 16.154 amperes of current. The vapor is thick and dense, exactly what I'm looking for, and the flavor is fantastic. I just got a magma today, and I truly believe this Plume Veil is on par with that. The three different airflow adjustment systems are awesome and I love them all wide open. I like as much air as possible and this RDA allows for that more than any other one I have. I have mild claustrophobia and if I can't draw enough air through my RDA's, I get a little panicked lol.

Now that I've had it for a while and have worked out all of the kinks, I would definitely recommend this Plume Veil clone to others. Don't be afraid of the screw issue, that is the only common issue I'm seeing and it can be fixed very quickly and cheaply.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com

Acerig is who did the Plume Veil V1 clone I created this thread on. With all of the reported problems, including my own, I'm not sure I would trust them again at all. This clone has me convinced though that the authentic Plume Veil v1.5 will be more than worth it.

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree with everyone who has mentioned the build quality and the center post screw issue. Also, one of the two Acerig clones I purchased from Simple Vaper, had one of the negative gold plated posts stripped out as well as the post hole being un drilled. The issue with the center post screw holes is basically that they are the incorrect screws. I too, used the screws from a Stillaire as someone else mentioned, because they matched up perfectly.

Someone mentioned we should be understanding because we bought a "clone" and only paid $20 something, and I call bull.....$23 may not seem like much, but I actually bought two so now I'm up to about $50 close to half the price of the real deal. Even though I usually stick to authentics, especially when it comes to mods, I've gotten a few clones now, in Vapebox and in trades and stuff, and some of my RDA's especially are 1:1, and excellent quality. I'm not going to lower my standards, it's not like they were given out, I had to wait weeks for it and some people are paying even double for the same crappy quality on these. It's when companies are held to a higher standard that they will raise the bar. For those of us who waited on the pre-order, we would have gladly waited an extra week or so for better quality I'm sure, or most of us anyways. I think from now on though I'll stick to buying the real thing, used or at a discount, unless I know for sure what the quality is of a clone before purchasing. I've still heard mixed things though on whether the authentic is worth it, or has issues as well.

On a positive note, I'll say it has better flavor then even my Atomic, and Helios, my two best attys out of things like the Stillaire and the new Zenith. Even with authentics I'm getting tired of having to wait for the 2 and 3 versions for a quality product. It would be one thing if these manufacturers were offering them at a discount to previous versions purchasers, but most don't unfortunately. Don't get caught up in the hype, and unfortunately I did this time, and IMHO,this one, the 1st run Acerig, is mostly just hype! I'll be getting rid of at least one of mine, once I find some screws to go with it that work. I had to use some from my other working RDA's just to be able to test it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread