Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
yea well what can you expect from a first batch of clones? even first batches of authentics can go wrong. isnt that why there is a v1.5?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I said the exact same thing above.

All the center post needs are bigger screws. They are just drilled a little wider which is weird. The gold issue is weird though, I didn't have that.

What we all have to remember is that this is a *clone*, a cheap replica for those of us who don't want to fork out $120.00 for the authentic one or the soon to come v1.5's. There are bound to be defects and problems with clones, especially first runs like these. No point in getting heated over it, especially since the fix (for me) was a 10 minute drive and a $0.66 expense.

I agree with everyone who has mentioned the build quality and the center post screw issue. Also, one of the two Acerig clones I purchased from Simple Vaper, had one of the negative gold plated posts stripped out as well as the post hole being un drilled. The issue with the center post screw holes is basically that they are the incorrect screws. I too, used the screws from a Stillaire as someone else mentioned, because they matched up perfectly.

Someone mentioned we should be understanding because we bought a "clone" and only paid $20 something, and I call bull.....$23 may not seem like much, but I actually bought two so now I'm up to about $50 close to half the price of the real deal. Even though I usually stick to authentics, especially when it comes to mods, I've gotten a few clones now, in Vapebox and in trades and stuff, and some of my rda's especially are 1:1, and excellent quality. I'm not going to lower my standards, it's not like they were given out, I had to wait weeks for it and some people are paying even double for the same crappy quality on these. It's when companies are held to a higher standard that they will raise the bar. For those of us who waited on the pre-order, we would have gladly waited an extra week or so for better quality I'm sure, or most of us anyways. I think from now on though I'll stick to buying the real thing, used or at a discount, unless I know for sure what the quality is of a clone before purchasing. I've still heard mixed things though on whether the authentic is worth it, or has issues as well.

On a positive note, I'll say it has better flavor then even my Atomic, and Helios, my two best attys out of things like the Stillaire and the new Zenith. Even with authentics I'm getting tired of having to wait for the 2 and 3 versions for a quality product. It would be one thing if these manufacturers were offering them at a discount to previous versions purchasers, but most don't unfortunately. Don't get caught up in the hype, and unfortunately I did this time, and IMHO,this one, the 1st run Acerig, is mostly just hype! I'll be getting rid of at least one of mine, once I find some screws to go with it that work. I had to use some from my other working rda's just to be able to test it!

No one said we need to be understanding, we just said it's a first batch of clones and issues are bound to be present. Especially when you buy a clone from a manufacturer who is hardly even known. There's no reason to get heated over it, life is too short. Report the problems to the manufacturer and move on, they won't know unless we tell them.

I paid $23 as well and I use it every day, it's my favorite RDA besides the Magma. As you said, it was a screw issue. Not that the incorrect screws were included (in mine at least), but that one of the center post screw holes was drilled wider than the others. The screws included worked in every other post (once again, I emphasize, for my clone, yours may be different).

Your's is the first I've seen that's had a negative post that wasn't even drilled.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
thanks for the heads up! i was debating the plume veil clone v1 but thanks to this thread, i'll be waiting for the v1.5.
maybe i'll get the magma while i wait.

heres the details from that link if anyone was interested:

Differences between v1.5 and v1

-4 holes for top airflow

-24KGold plated deck AND positive T post block/screws

-Larger side airholes

-Silver plated brass contact

-Deeper juice well

desrever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
La La Land
All the posts in my acerig clone were too big for the included screws. Luckily the stillare screws fit and I had spares. This thing can definitely produce clouds with the best of them. I'm surprised at the flavor to vapor production ratio. You can get a decent amount of vapor without drastically losing flavor like some other rdas.
I'm also surprised how much flavor changes with the derlin reducer piece. Definitely like to see this in future designs to tweak flavor notes according to preference. Not the best flavor I've gotten but pretty good. I'd put the Veritas, Origen and magma a notch above it.

The holes in the negative posts are an interesting concept but I tried flipping the cap to block them and didn't really notice a big change in flavor or vapor. They also leak so easily like I expected from seeing videos/pictures of the design. Definitely not a dripper for my pocket, the Veritas holds that crown. I could see myself using this for the occasional cloud chasing over something like the tobh or stillare. If I had shelled out for an authentic, I most likely would not be keeping it.

SolRayz

Jan 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, would 1/16" dia by 3/16" length be equivilent to 18-8 Stainless Steel Pan Head Phillips Machine Screw, 0-80 Thread, 3/16" Length?

Part# 91772A054 at McMaster

http://www.mcmaster.com/#91772a054/=t1r6ky

BTW I just recieved and email from the ebay supplier this morning...
Dear cruzan77,

Issue with the screws too small.

This issue might apply to some of
you.

The rush of orders from many vendors due to the popularity of the
RDA have caused an error from the manufacturer to include some packages of
smaller screws in the wooden box of Plume Veil. This caused a problem with
the screws are loose in the posts :(

I have worked with them to resolve
this issue. They had admitted the existence of this problem and they are
sending me the correct screws on my next shipment (ETA 8/4) so I can send
them out for replacement. I am really sorry about this issue
beforehand.

Please message or send me an email if you have this issue so
I can add you to the list of screws replacement recipients.

I apologize
for the inconvenience.

-deevape14

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, would 1/16" dia by 3/16" length be equivilent to 18-8 Stainless Steel Pan Head Phillips Machine Screw, 0-80 Thread, 3/16" Length?

Part# 91772A054 at McMaster

McMaster-Carr

BTW I just recieved and email from the ebay supplier this morning...

Not quite, I was saying 3/16" from the very top of the screw to the tip so the one I got will be a lot shorter. It's still too long, so the one on that site will be wayyyyy too long. They can always be cut though right? Yeah.

The Relz

Apr 26, 2014
Hawaii
Found out that the positive screw for the tobh works but you can't use two of them on the positive post because of the large heads on the screw. But I finally got it to work and I'm loving it. Put single 26g kanthal parallel coil coming out to .37. Opened up all the air holes and she chucks vape and the flavor is awesome. I guess me breaking my tobh was a good thing lol.

Only con I have is the moving center post when I tighten down the screw. No biggie just put my thumb down to stop it from moving.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Hoping i don't have these problems once mine comes. Should be here this weekend, so we'll find out i suppose!

I'm in for a second batch clone! I ordered a while ago and the shipment was delayed.

I ordered the acerig version from iconvape through ebay. Who's the supplier for yours?

I'm hoping mine deosn't have the issue with the screws but I won't hold my breath. I'll have screws and my dremel at the ready!!

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I'm in for a second batch clone! I ordered a while ago and the shipment was delayed.

I ordered the acerig version from iconvape through ebay. Who's the supplier for yours?

I'm hoping mine deosn't have the issue with the screws but I won't hold my breath. I'll have screws and my dremel at the ready!!

i got mine off ebay as well but from deals4days20112011 as part of a pre-order deal. i paid for it on the 21st and have been reading all the reviews since then being subpar lol.

SolRayz

Jan 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Ok got my acerig clone today and post screws were definately too small...luckily I work for electronics company and had some mini allen screws that fit perfect and flush. So despite that minor setback, this thing hits like a beast on steroids. This thing should be banned...lol...

My only other complaint is that the centerpost will spin when tightening the post screws, and when you tighten the atty down onto you batt too tight. People definately need to be aware of that fact...lol. Anyone know if this is an issue on the authentic?

SolRayz

Jan 2, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Anyone here have an Acerig clone and know what size the screws are? My clone came with 6 short screws, none of which screw down enough to utilize the positive block's holes. I've been having to wrap around the top of the screws. I can't figure out what size to order in replacements.

Not sure if this will help, but the allen hex screws that I have at my disposal, seem to fit perfect. They are M2.5x3 hex screws and you will need 1.3 allen hex driver to screw them in.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My only other complaint is that the centerpost will spin when tightening the post screws, and when you tighten the atty down onto you batt too tight. People definately need to be aware of that fact...lol. Anyone know if this is an issue on the authentic?

Nope, never had any issues whatsoever with anything on my authentic. And yeah, it's a beast alright. Love mine!

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Ok got my acerig clone today and post screws were definately too small...luckily I work for electronics company and had some mini allen screws that fit perfect and flush. So despite that minor setback, this thing hits like a beast on steroids. This thing should be banned...lol...

Thanks man! Yours is an Acerig one too? Now i need to track down a place that sells these tiny ... screws lol.

Also, the center block twisting is by design.. on the authentic as well (or so i've read on CaliVapers). I've seen some crazy clean quad coils set up in the PV by moving the block perpendicular to the negative posts. It's annoying when only running singles or duals though, i agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread