Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
usually when shopping for a tank it will say in the description "Do not use cinnamon, mt dew, citric, or soda flavored juice in this tank? Using these Juices can lead to cracking.". tis a known issue with plastic tanks. That's why I use only glass and stainless steel tanks and mods. Not so much that I use those juices, just the stainless and glass tanks give a much cleaner and twister vape IMO.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Fun fact, acrylic suffers from the same issues as PC it seems, discovered today vaping black licorice with an acrylic drip tip. So if you get a glass/metal tank with a removable drip tip, it's worth investing in a good SS or glass tip as well.

That's good to know and something to look out for.

I noticed a PC tank i had hazing a little. I didnt want to risk it even though it was only a couple of mm affected and binned it. I didnt realise that pina colada could be a problem though, i vape that now and then.

Just to add to this, when i got the PC tank, it was from a big name vendor, which is known both in the UK and USA and i got some Lemon & Lime with it and it was never mentioned that it could be a risk.

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
Anyone have recommendations for glass or stainless tanks that would fit my new Vision Spinner? Still such a newbie I am unsure about the "correct" names, sizes etc. but it does seem in the long run these type of tanks would be more economical and less problems.

Kanger Protank is probably the best (or Protank 2) - on my wish list - and Anyvape Davide. Just a couple. I'm using the Anyvape, and I've noticed that even though I get really good TH and clouds of vapor, flavor seems to have suffered. IMHO!

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Anyone have recommendations for glass or stainless tanks that would fit my new Vision Spinner? Still such a newbie I am unsure about the "correct" names, sizes etc. but it does seem in the long run these type of tanks would be more economical and less problems.

The Protank (both the normal sized and the "mini") will fit your Spinner very well. The heads are replaceable and not that expensive. If, at some point, you start feeling adventurous, you can start rebuilding those heads to save even more money.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
As somebody already mentioned spinner + protank II would be the best set up which I'm using right now :)

Same here. In fairness to the beginner (I'm one of those, too...) you should be aware that this is not a lightweight setup. It's also a little topheavy. I don't care, as I'm home most of the time. I'm thinking about adding a Protank II Mini for trips out and to reduce the weight.
Of course that will reduce the liquid capacity, but that's not an issue for me. I can always take a moment to add juice to the tank.

Thanks everyone! I am so thrilled with the responses and the information.

I had bought some tanks when I picked up my spinners, but really had no idea what I was doing and was just "trusting". I bought a glass one, but just thought it was a glass one. Turns out it is a KangerTech Mini Portank II. They told me I needed it for the atomic cinnamon.

They also sold me a couple of boxes of stuff that I really didn't know what they were for but they said I would need them. I have 10 coil units for the Clearomizer. Guess that must be what I bought. I know 3 are clear plastic and they drip. The others have plastic inserts, but they are bottom feed....that doesn't sound like the correct term.... but it unscrews at the bottom and fills from there.

So happy that they led me down the right path, and that you all explained it. Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread