Poor Flavour??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
With limited amount of info provided I would say take the RDA off of the mod, put it on a hard stable surface then hit it just once with a really big hammer. After that carefully gather all the pieces and throw them in the garbage. Next get a good RDA and some good coils and wicking. Then have someone that knows what they are doing teach you how to build an RDA properly.

Reactions: QcVaper

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Ok seriously
1. Install the coils.
2. Bring the coils out as close to the airflow as you can without hitting the barrel.
3. Dry burn the coils at a lower wattage. Make sure the coils are firing evenly from the middle out.
4. Set the height of the coils so the airflow is hitting the coils on the lower side almost the bottom of the coil around 5 o'clock.
5. Wick the coils. The wicking should have some resistance when pulling through the coil but not enough to move the coils.
6. Trim the coil so the tails just touch the deck.
7. Drip juice on the coils and lightly pulse. Repeat that until you can see the wick getting saturated.
8. Saturate the rest of the wick.
9. Fire the coils and check the vapor production.
10. Install the top cap.
11. Vape on it.
At .13 ohms I'd start out at around 70 watts and go up from there. Make sure you keep the coils and wick saturated. You'll probably end up between 90 watts to 120 watts. You can also cut down the airflow at lower wattages to get more flavor.
IN MY OPINION, you can get good flavor from any RDA if it's setup correctly with good coils and proper wicking.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Sweet you answered all the questions I did have about it especially the height of the coils I lifted them up abit and it made I difference
Thanks for the help
@Don29palms explained everything very well. Sometimes it can take a beginner multiple builds to get what they are looking for, but once you get it right you'll duplicate that build on the particular rda again and again. Coil position and wicking should be your focus.

Danc1

Sep 18, 2018
The first time somebody else set it up for me and showed me quickly but I felt I wanted more so I went from .36to.13 I went to rad because I was burning coils in tanks out steady because I tend to chain vape and this is a lot cheaper so thanks again for the help oh and one more question for ya I would like to get another rda to have for work which would you recommend that maybe I could get that would be good also with not so high wattage to preserve batteries??

Reactions: stols001

Danc1

Sep 18, 2018
The first time somebody else set it up for me and showed me quickly but I felt I wanted more so I went from .36to.13 I went to rad because I was burning coils in tanks out steady because I tend to chain vape and this is a lot cheaper so thanks again for the help oh and one more question for ya I would like to get another rda to have for work which would you recommend that maybe I could get that would be good also with not so high wattage to preserve batteries??

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
There are a lot of good rda's out there, watch some YouTube reviews. If you invest in a good one you'll see the results immediately. Higher or lower wattage is all in your build and the gauge of wire, not the rda. I mainly use single coil rda's as they save battery life and I usually build at .5. Checkout steamengine for your next build.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I would like to get another rda to have for work which would you recommend that maybe I could get that would be good also with not so high wattage to preserve batteries??
Do you vape MTL or a DL? For MTL, a lot of people like the Geekvape Ammit (me included), it’s a single coil RDA (hence you get good battery life), and it’s really easy to build in it. Its price makes it a good choice for a beginner, these days you can get it for around 30$. There’s a dedicated thread, check it out.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread