Positive Experience - Kalahari

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
First I'd like to say, I smoke in public places all the time, sometimes I stealth vape but the vast majority of the time I simply do it descreatly, by blowing down and not trying to make a spectical of myself like I've seen some other vapers. I use a Joye eGo.

Anyway I took the family to Kalahari for the New Years weekend and didn't really think about my e-cig until I got there and we were heading to the water park, well fortunately I stopped in the swimming shop and found a nice waterproof pouch with a belt, I was like PERFECT, I can slip my e-cig in it, and keep a bottle or two of fluid and an extra battery.

So off I went into the park, 2 days no issues, couple people asked me about it, of course I told them it was a vaporizer, using nic, water, and some flavorings, I didn't go into the PG/VG thing that info is really not realavent unless you are doing your own research.

So day three approaches, the wife and i sit down and take a few drags from our vaporizers and a gentleman comes over about a min later and I could just tell he was one of those people as soon as he opened his mouth, he said, "You can't smoke here I won't allow that". Soon as I heard "I won't" I was like oh boy, not worth talking to. So I remainded quiet and smiled and slighly nodded. He kind of left in a huff oddly enough even though I didn't argue.

The wife was like, "Why didn't you explain to him it's a vaporizer not a cig" And I was like well I could tell he was not going to listen so I figured why bother, just stealth vape for abit hon if you need to, this place is big and the odds are we won't bump into him again. Anyway so about 2 mins later another person comes over the manager with the head of security, she looks down at my Joye eGo and she said to me "Oh that's one of those fake cigs isn't it? Your not REALLY smoking a in here are you?" I smiled and said no I would never smoke in here and yes, this is my vaporizer. She said "Your good, you can do that in here anytime you want, if any of my staff gives you a hard time tell them to come see me"

So just wanted to share this with everyone, this was by far my most positive experience, overall I've only had 1 person tell me I can't use it once I explain it to them, but I've had 2 experiences where I just didn't bother because you can tell who will listen and who won't, and well if you argue with the ones that won't listen your not going to convince them, you'll only make them dig in deeper and be more resistant.

So if you are looking to go on vacation I want everyone to know Kalahari in Sandusky Ohio is a vape friendly place.

Reactions: BPaessun44

John Top

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Amelia, OH
This is difficult for me because I know of Kalahari's safety record, and how "well" they are trained, but I can second that they are vape friendly, being a former local of the Sandusky area.

If you want to know why I think this way, you can PM me, or search google for sandusky kalahari 2008 drowning. I do not want to derail this thread but I do want people to be aware of potential "hazardous" facilities being a lifeguard myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread