Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Ok so I have a tremor/shake I my hands from MS. Some days better than others. I’ve bought lots of premade Clapton type coils which work great but I still often long for a 26-28 gauge ss316l single wire coil around .3-.5 ohms. I love the coils from Lightening Vapes ESPECIALLY sines they include the ohms on the coil package which AVS doesn’t as far as I can see but I can only find different types of Claptons.

yeah I know they’re easy to make but sometimes not so much. So I’m trying to avoid Chinese made coils where can I buy just plain old single wire SS from the very slow boat from China made with suspect materials.

The question I have is - does anyone know of where I can buy quality premade coils as described above? Regular old premade single SS wire?

thanks in advance.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Kidney puncher sells some round wire smaller ID coils:
    KP Premade SS316L Standard/Micro and Parallel Coils - Pair
    but the price is horrible. I'm sure if you supplied the wire, there would be members more than happy to make you up round wire coils to your specs. And not charge too much for it.

I'm not sure why people don't already supply that service - as you can't be the only person who'd want quality simple round wire coils made. Why don't you try an advert in the classifieds asking for that service?

• Agree
    Reactions: Mordacai

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I assume you are talking about a RTA... not drop-in coils. I understand about issues with winding your own coils, but simple (round wire) spaced coils are very easy to do (basically wind a "sloppy" coil, push it tight, then it will "spring back" into a nice spaced coil) You can do this... don't even need a coil tool... anything will do (I just use a nail) Don't give up so easily... no hot spots) As long as you can fit it into your build (I understand some builds require "contact coils" because of limited space but if you can do 6 winds spaced... or even less winds, don't give up) I am very handy but very "twitchy" (mild epilepsy) If I can do it, so can you :thumb:

Reactions: RuiG

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    And don't forget to mention if you want spaced or contact coils @Fidola13, also it would be good if you could use steam-engine.org coil building tools to give an idea on the number of wraps you may need the coils to be.

One of my favourites is 6 spaced wraps of 0.34 mm SS316L, has a resistance of around 0.6 ohms and in atomisers such as the Tripod it gives a decent vape with a fast ramp up and a bit of warmth.

May we ask what atomiser or atomisers you need them for @Fidola13? As the airflow will make all the difference.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I m out. Pain killers are making my eyes crossed. G’ night all :-x!!
    A 3mm ID 6 wrap spaced 0.68mm × 0.27mm SS316L flat wire coil is kind of awesome in the SOLO @Fidola13 , it's my goto at around 0.37 ohms.

I wonder what a 6 wrap spaced 0.4mm round wire would be like in the Zeus single and the Kylin 2 @Fidola13, those type read around 0.5 ohms.[/QUOTE

I do have flat wire but it was really thin and a biatch to work with. I’ll have to check out the size again. My definite sweet spot for most RTAs is about 3.5 to .5 mm with a variable id depending on size of deck but usually 3mm works well

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    yeah I know they’re easy to make but sometimes not so much. So I’m trying to avoid Chinese made coils where can I buy just plain old single wire SS from the very slow boat from China made with suspect materials.

Premade coils made of plain round wire are pretty much a dead market in the USA ever since the pod craze took off.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried using a device like a coil master coil winder?

Not sure if that would make it easier for those times your MS is making things difficult.

$7.01 Coil Master Styled V4 6-in-1 E-Cigarette Wire Coil Winder - 1.5 + 2 + 2.5 + 3 + 3.5 + 4mm poles at FastTech - Free Shipping

Even coilers and other jigs are much harder to find in the USA since the pod craze.

Reactions: RuiG

Flavored

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    USA
    Google up the Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo. Only thing I use, works like a champ.
    Also makes spaced coils, just an extra step. After finishing the coil cranking and cutting the wire, hold that smallest mandrel at the "beginning" of the coil against the mandrel used and turn the crank. That small mandrel will separate the individual coils as you crank with even spacing.

Coils made easy

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    @Fidola13 has been building/winding her own coils for a lot longer time than I have.

And this is not a matter of not being ABLE to wind a coil. It is a matter of maximising the use of your time when you you are feeling well. MS symptoms in your hands can cause numbness, weakness, fatigue, spasms and pain. And that is just the symptoms in her hands.

As someone who knows all about hand arthritis symptoms, when you rebuild a deck, you want to do it in the quickest amount of time possible. I'm able to wind my own coils. But I completely understand why someone with a hell of a lot worse symptoms than me, would choose to just use pre-coiled coils instead.
    She has nothing but admiration from me and what she does achieve :wub:

I now know of an absolutely awesome, secret ECF member who will help provide pre-made coils to her specs, for as long as she wants them :wub: Just not sure if @Fidola13 is aware of this fact yet ;)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    @Fidola13 has been building/winding her own coils for a lot longer time than I have.

And this is not a matter of not being ABLE to wind a coil. It is a matter of maximising the use of your time when you you are feeling well. MS symptoms in your hands can cause numbness, weakness, fatigue, spasms and pain. And that is just the symptoms in her hands.

As someone who knows all about hand arthritis symptoms, when you rebuild a deck, you want to do it in the quickest amount of time possible. I'm able to wind my own coils. But I completely understand why someone with a hell of a lot worse symptoms than me, would choose to just use pre-coiled coils instead.
    She has nothing but admiration from me and what she does achieve :wub:

I now know of an absolutely awesome, secret ECF member who will help provide pre-made coils to her specs, for as long as she wants them :wub: Just not sure if @Fidola13 is aware of this fact yet ;)

no special kudos to me. Just my lot in like Zazie and you like me just do
    What we gotta do!! Thanks

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    20200414_194141.jpg

@Fidola13 will these work for ya? SS316L 26g 6wrap 3mm id spaced coils. 13 of them.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hello.

I have been following the work of a coil builder that has is own small business. Amazing reviews everywhere.

Badazd Coils

Different than the normal shop made stuff.

Stay safe.

I love his work. It really reminds me of your awesome flattened wire builds. Have you thought about doing some wire shots and putting them up for sale?
    Here's RuiG's lil stunners:
    Hammer time!!!

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I love his work. It really reminds me of your awesome flattened wire builds. Have you thought about doing some wire shots and putting them up for sale?
    Here's RuiG's lil stunners:
    Hammer time!!!
    I was going to sell some coils but was told I couldn't sell on here without being an approved vendor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread