Premixed flavors, for adding to pg,vg,nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
I’m sure this must be a thing but so far when I look up flavors I find individual ones, that would need to be mixed to add any depth to the final profile. Are there any recommended companies that have premixed flavors for adding to your pg/vg mix so that you can get the DIY aspect started and have something decent to vape on until you get your own recipes ironed out?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I’m sure this must be a thing but so far when I look up flavors I find individual ones, that would need to be mixed to add any depth to the final profile. Are there any recommended companies that have premixed flavors for adding to your pg/vg mix so that you can get the DIY aspect started and have something decent to vape on until you get your own recipes ironed out?

There are pre-mixed recipes referred to as One Shots that you just add to a VG/PG/Nic concoction. I only know of a couple of retailers within Canada (I do not shop outside Canada for my DIY), but I am sure others will chime in.

DIY One Shots

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
OneStopDIYShop

10 ml (Sample Size)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are a wholes subset of these. They work differently depending on the laws on the nation you happen to be in. In much of Europe for examples there are things called “short fills” which are sometimes called one shots but are actually different. A short fill is a juice bottle with no nicotine in it that is literally only partially filled. It is designed to have enough flavoring in it so that when yo DO full the bottle all the way up to make it the nicotine strength you want it will be appropriately mixed.

One flavoring I like all by itself though is flavorwest buttered cinnamon roll. I use this by itself to flavor juice.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Dr. Seuss p One Stop DIY Shop also has "One Stop Blends", besides the One Stop Flavors already linked to in another post. I've linked below to the Blends, also in the 10mL sample size. However, they have all of them in larger sizes, too.

I've tried 16 of their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends so far, and have 4-5 others I haven't made yet. My definite, regularly used favorites so far have been: Lucky Shot, Lotta Latte, Baked Cinnamon Roll, Old Tyme Root Beer, and Licorice Torpedoes. I also use a combination of the Lucky Shot + Lotta Latte...that results in what I call Caramel Latte. It's also liked by several local friends. Some people on ECF call their combo Lucky Latte or other names, but it's the same mixture.

10 ml (Sample Size) - One Stop Blends

OSDIY has a couple on-going coupon codes for 12% off your total order. You can use either 1 for the discount: ECF or JFK. They also run sales with even larger discounts frequently during the year (mainly around holidays).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Some brands also have one shots but aren't listed as such, for example Capella has lemon meringue pie, Vape Train has lemon meringue tart, Wonder Flavors has a butterscotch cream pie. There are many of these in many varieties like fruit punches or candies. If you like orange Flavor West blood orange with just a kiss of sweetener is a great single flavor vape. My point is don't not look into flavors that are listed as a single flavor and not a one shot.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
So I just want to type this out so anyone can catch me if I’m slipping up.

I have 15ml of 70/30 vg/pg @ 100mg per 1ml concentration. My math says that will make 250ml of juice at 6%. I want to include the 15ml the concentration is in as part of the total 250ml right? So I don’t end up with 265ml total.

When flavors suggest a % to use like “mix at 12%”, I also factor that into the 250ml whole? So it’s all written out with the 250 total in mind? How accurate are their suggestions? Do they tend to be light, heavy or pretty on point without much adjustment needed? I’m sure that’s all personal preference but in your opinion how does that usually work out?

I decided to try this first due to a 20% off sale that’s going on today, so picked up those two + a blue raspberry and strawberry cheesecake. I plan to go down the list of suggestions in this thread over time so if anyone else has favorites feel free to list them because otherwise I’m just shooting from the hip and I like my chances picking from a list of favorites.

No pressure B2L but I’m looking at you, I hope your tongue knows what it’s doing.:toast:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I agree with @Letitia . as a new mixer you need to mix much more reasonable amts. What will do if you dont like it? Throw away 250 ml of juice? That is just too costly when you have the options of smaller amts. Plus what happens if its too much flavoring? You then have the problem of adding more ingredients like pg vg and nic . best go start small before mixing higher volumes of juice.
And yes, anything you add will increase the total amts of finished products.
Ie. 250 ml then adding 15ml will increase to 265ml totally finished product. You need not to try cutting corners and learn diy before starting out. At least get a better feel of what you are doing.
Can you tell us how you intend to reach 250 ml with only 15ml of pg vg?

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
I got a sample from Nude Nicotine that’s 15ml total mixed at 100mg nicotine per 1ml 70/30 vg/pg so I figured I would dump the vial is came in into 250ml of a 70/30 vg/pg mix and mix it up real well(235ml actually due to thinking the 15ml would be included as part of the total, not in addition to). Then I’ll split that up into the bottles I got from liquid barn with the syringe I also picked up and start divvying out the flavors to try. That’s the game plan.

So you’re saying if the flavoring says to mix at 15%, and I’m mixing 100ml (easy round number) I add it in addition to the 100ml ending up with 115ml? I would have thought 15% would be 15% of the total. Alright well if I’m doing all the measurements in addition to that makes the math pretty easy then.

Would you guys say they’re pretty accurate with their flavor % suggestions or does it tend to be heavy/light or just all over specific to flavor?

Why are you making 250ml? Just use a juice calculator and try a 10ml tester first.

You know I’ve been using coil and ohm calculators for awhile now and it never occurred to me to look up a juice calculator. That my friend is genius.:2cool:

Last edited:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
So you’re saying if the flavoring says to mix at 15%, and I’m mixing 100ml (easy round number) I add it in addition to the 100ml ending up with 115ml? I would have thought 15% would be 15% of the total. Alright well if I’m doing all the measurements in addition to that makes the math pretty easy then.
Nope. Misunderstanding I think. Say you are making 100mls, 15% flavoring total (which is just an example) you want 15mls of flavoring and 85mls of everything else.

Juice calculators are great, you'll love it. I think most give you the option to mix by weight or volume.
e-l-r's e liquid calculator is the one I use.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Ok, that makes sense, the 15% being part of the 100%. Those calculators are going to come in handy, I hadn’t gone as far as factoring up the flavor measurements yet and was going to save that fun for the day the flavors showed up.

Did anyone mention ELR?

Word, have you tried any of the recipes on that site? Right off the bat I’m going to try and “clone” Lost Art Liquid’s, Grape White. I’m sure I will come nowhere close but may stumble onto something that works well enough.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Word, have you tried any of the recipes on that site? Right off the bat I’m going to try and “clone” Lost Art Liquid’s, Grape White. I’m sure I will come nowhere close but may stumble onto something that works well enough.

Let's go. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Ok, that makes sense, the 15% being part of the 100%. Those calculators are going to come in handy, I hadn’t gone as far as factoring up the flavor measurements yet and was going to save that fun for the day the flavors showed up.

I love grape white but haven't tackled it yet. Purilum white grape is my favorite wg concentrate plus you'll need an apple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread