Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Ok....just rechecked Sculpteo....Looks like the are now passing along some of the favorable exchange rate changes (US).... looks like prices dropped about 5-7% across the board. Then add that new 30% economy discount... I think they are now cheaper than Shapeways. :)

Only because it gives me great joy: ITYS.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Welcome to the club. It can be come addicting.....:D

Post up a pic here or on Drunk_J's thread when you have a chance.

What vendor was selling the Custom Peko?

I don't remember the vender. It was at vape Blast in FT Worth Tx. And it was not a local shop. There where a quite a few venders there and only the ones that really stood out on the customer service they gave me are the ones I remember.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
I didn't know you could order pre - built with requested colors. I assume more money but good to know.
I guess you could request a color. But most are already built and painted/ cerokote and you choose one. The cost is pretty reasonable. Think about it, the parts need modified (delrin, vent screw, bottle) then it needs assembled. And actually I skipped a step, gets painted by hand, or sent out to cerokote, which can get expensive.. so really the price for the fully built Peko is a good deal for an AWESOME mod.

Personally, I am a hands on kinda guy and I enjoy building things. So I get a rush out of building me some Peko. 3 Pekos and counting, been hovering over the "submit order" on Sculpteo.

-Mark

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
I got number 2 built. Still took me an hour to build it due to the teensy parts and my big hands don't work well together.

i like that texture of the paint. what kind of paint is that?

i went over my grunge abstract with a couple coats of the polyurethane. after it dried and i started using it again, i realized that i really like the feel of the peko better when i had just the krylon 1311 finish ...

but not enough to strip the grunge abstract completely down and starting all over. heh.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
I guess you could request a color. But most are already built and painted/ cerokote and you choose one. The cost is pretty reasonable. Think about it, the parts need modified (delrin, vent screw, bottle) then it needs assembled. And actually I skipped a step, gets painted by hand, or sent out to cerokote, which can get expensive.. so really the price for the fully built Peko is a good deal for an AWESOME mod.

Personally, I am a hands on kinda guy and I enjoy building things. So I get a rush out of building me some Peko. 3 Pekos and counting, been hovering over the "submit order" on Sculpteo.

-Mark

Your right. paying an extra few dollars is very reasonable. Is there a difference between ordering from Sculpteo vs. Shapeways? - Sorry for all the questions, new to the Peko world. Visiting here from REOville establishing dual citizenship! :)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
The brownish paint is Rustoleum Textured, the black is Rustoleum 2X black, and the clear is Minwax Poly spray satin, and the internals I used Krylon 1311. I love the texture, too, and seems to hide any print lines. Now, I can tear apart my first one and clean it and it's going to be all black. My third one which is in print mode now, I'm not sure what I'm going to paint that one with.

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
Your right. paying an extra few dollars is very reasonable. Is there a difference between ordering from Sculpteo vs. Shapeways? - Sorry for all the questions, new to the Peko world. Visiting here from REOville establishing dual citizenship! :)

LOL!

personally, i have had muchMUCH smoother prints from sculpteo.

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Sweet, UPS retrieved my Sculpteo order, polished black at normal resolution. It looks pretty cool. Note: The black isn't murder-black, it's a bit purple/blue/charcoal something. It might darken up when I 1311 it. Have to run out to the store real quick, it's ISO alcohol we want to use to prep for paint, right? I'll be able to coat it some tonight if so.

My black Freakshow Mini should show up tomorrow. (Lucky accident, I initially wanted SS but Chowderhead shipped me a black one because I didn't respond the day he asked about it). So... suggestions for a black delrin drip tip for the FSM? I don't need anything special besides delrin and a pretty wide bore to keep up with the airflow.

If I can get it coated tonight I can leave it in a car in the sun tomorrow to cure (makes a great paint curing oven if you don't mind the lingering smell in your ride) and the atomizer should be here at 17:00 local so I *might* have the time to build it tomorrow night.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
No on the alcohol. Stay away from that. Bad for nylon and paint. Use acetone for prep.

That is correct; use ACETONE not alcohol.
My Sculpteo parts were very clean. I didn't clean them at all. I just washed my hands before touching them. Then, a few light coats of Krylon 1311 matte and I was ready to build.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

Once you get the Peko, you're gonna rescind your REO citizenship

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
8b7e21457cdc40d322bba7f141ac3ed4.jpg

Looks so badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread