Problems with Armed Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzzi

Mar 2, 2017
Hi All,

Long time member and follower, first time poster...:)

Does anybody have a similar problem with the Eagle described below?

Resistance values (and initial temp values) are almost all the time higher than expected when the atty is first installed on the mod. As an example, the mod reads 0.23-0.24 ohms even after 3-4 calibrations, while the same coil shows 0.16-0.17 ohm on Armed (which is the value that should be). This is completely ruining the vaping quality because the temperature calculation is completely wrong in this case. Plus, there is no stability in the resistance reading. Sometimes it goes up to 0.42 ohms, while not vaping and even after the coil is cooled down. Any similar experience? Or any ideas? Anything would be appreciated...;)

Setup: Armed Eagle on Dani25, NiFe30 27GA, 7/8 wraps on 2.5 mm diameter, spaced coil.

ozzzi

Mar 2, 2017
That kind of stuff usually happens when a coil isn’t screwed doen correctly. Could be bad grub screws or just not enough force screwing coil in

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am pretty much sure that everything, including the post screws and all the parts of the deck, are screwed in place properly. I strongly believe it must be something else, but out of ideas on what it might be...

Halil Arnavut

Jun 26, 2017
Turkey
www.google.com
Finally i have found a user like me. I have been reading all posts about eagle and noone mentioned that issue.
I know 4 users have same problem, including me.
We can not use it on steady run. We tried all ways and checked all ways.
There is no screw matter, there is no connection matter, there is no 510 pin matter etc like this..
For example, with Dicodes chip it calibrates at 20c but it shows wrong ohm always, it supposed to be 0,17ohm but it is 0,45-0,50 ohm and it changes. And also i choose 210c temp limit, it stops around 140-150c.

As i said before, we have already done/tried all solutions which you think first.

@subver @utal @qorax @AdamAnd @Ariel_MX

It is not a coincidence that 3 of 6 user i have known, have that problem.

Cyberchin

May 13, 2014
España
Finally i have found a user like me. I have been reading all posts about eagle and noone mentioned that issue.
I know 4 users have same problem, including me.
We can not use it on steady run. We tried all ways and checked all ways.
There is no screw matter, there is no connection matter, there is no 510 pin matter etc like this..
For example, with Dicodes chip it calibrates at 20c but it shows wrong ohm always, it supposed to be 0,17ohm but it is 0,45-0,50 ohm and it changes. And also i choose 210c temp limit, it stops around 140-150c.

As i said before, we have already done/tried all solutions which you think first.

Missing oring?
Also there's an oring that presses the deck against the juice collector. It ensures the deck gets proper conductivity. Maybe it's a little thin or it is not properly placed. Try taking it out and put it back in.

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

Halil Arnavut

Jun 26, 2017
Turkey
www.google.com
Missing oring?
Also there's an oring that presses the deck against the juice collector. It ensures the deck gets proper conductivity. Maybe it's a little thin or it is not properly placed. Try taking it out and put it back in.

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk
We have changed all orings. By the way, we know how important orings and centerpost plastic are, from Armed.

Reactions: imeothanasis

Halil Arnavut

Jun 26, 2017
Turkey
www.google.com
D423F204-5F1D-45EA-92F5-65BFCB2716A2.jpeg
49BEEF77-531C-490F-B5A9-CE298ED1E59E.jpeg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

Regrets Halil, I don't use Temp. Protected mode*, as such I can't suggest anything here.

*Not just with this atty ~ but in totality.

Halil Arnavut

Jun 26, 2017
Turkey
www.google.com
Regrets Halil, I don't use Temp. Protected mode*, as such I can't suggest anything here.

*Not just with this atty ~ but in totality.
Thank you.. it is not happening only on TC mode, watt mode has same wrong ohm problem as well..
I changed orings, pins, centerpins.. always same result, not steady..
Thank you again..

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thank you.. it is not happening only on TC mode, watt mode has same wrong ohm problem as well..
I changed orings, pins, centerpins.. always same result, not steady..
Thank you again..
Not with my two here. The connectivity is rock solid with both. Resistance is steady, always. There is a short somewhere in your build/s. Or you may have a defective unit (tho a rarity with GG). Kindly contact @imeothanasis asap.
Interesting... It looks like everybody is happy with the Eagle...:)
y'absolutely! This is one astounding RTA. My daily drivers lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread