Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Okay.. made a short video for the "companion" showing how it works and explaining how to make it.... but told Steve he could have rights to it so I hope no one steals my idea! I am looking into a patent once I get a better looking model (but puresmoker can use it for free!). This is just a temp idea. Could use silicone bands to hold it on or set it up to snap on somehow. Would be encased in tubing. For 510, 901 and 801 the needle would be in a U shape so it would drip into the arch area.

Viddler.com - ProdigyCompanion - Uploaded by Spikey47

This forum is just full of clever, clever people.

Still trying to come up with the funds for this product, and Steve, your video demonstration isn't helping my will power at the moment.

And Spikey, that little device mod has just made you one of my most favoritest people on the boards. (Yes, favoritest is a word. Because I said so.) I noticed, though, that you're using it on your 401. The atomizer design on the 401 lends itself very well to this mod, but I see the 901/801 atomizers being a little more problematic in getting the tip of the syringe next to the atomizer arch without major surgery to the atomizer casing. It could be done, just not nearly as easily as the 401 with the exposed atomizer arch. I'm definitely trying this on my 401, though.

Ivisi

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
Okay.. made a short video for the "companion" showing how it works and explaining how to make it.... but told Steve he could have rights to it so I hope no one steals my idea! I am looking into a patent once I get a better looking model (but puresmoker can use it for free!). This is just a temp idea. Could use silicone bands to hold it on or set it up to snap on somehow. Would be encased in tubing. For 510, 901 and 801 the needle would be in a U shape so it would drip into the arch area.

Viddler.com - ProdigyCompanion - Uploaded by Spikey47

Spikey,,
great video,, i like your mod !
very creative,simple design,,and it works.
i havent made my juice dripping mod yet, because im thinking my idea is to complicated for production because it involves alot of machining for just a small custom cart.

Attachments

• customcart2.jpg
    customcart2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 52

unixian

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Absolutely ingenious!
Presupposes that all cigs have an exposed atomizer, but you could either drill through the atomizer housing on shrouded-atomizer models or go with the hole in the cart housing like you have and then after sqeezing in the juice, tilt the cig down to let the juice run to the atomizer. Not pretty, but I bet it would work.

This forum is just full of clever, clever people.

Still trying to come up with the funds for this product, and Steve, your video demonstration isn't helping my will power at the moment.

And Spikey, that little device mod has just made you one of my most favoritest people on the boards. (Yes, favoritest is a word. Because I said so.) I noticed, though, that you're using it on your 401. The atomizer design on the 401 lends itself very well to this mod, but I see the 901/801 atomizers being a little more problematic in getting the tip of the syringe next to the atomizer arch without major surgery to the atomizer casing. It could be done, just not nearly as easily as the 401 with the exposed atomizer arch. I'm definitely trying this on my 401, though.

Ivisi
Actually I made one for the 901 as well. Will do a video for it. Apparently I am not the first one to think of this tho.. and tinear's is MUCH nicer looking (tho I made mine at 1am last night cause I thought I had an "epiphany lol!). I like the "pen holder" type attachment to hold it onto the PV. I thought about that.. but figured it would slide around too much.

Spikey,,
i havent made my juice dripping mod yet, because im thinking my idea is to complicated for production because it involves alot of machining for just a small custom cart.
Saw your "plans".. looks interesting.. why the pin removal? Does it get replaced when not vaping?

Nice one Spikey , Tinear did a smart looking auto-dripper a while back, take a looky see :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/13990-its-here.html

f61ea781.jpg
Wow.. tinear's fang is SO much better looking than my pathetic dropper bottle lol :) I liked that I could situate the needle near enough to the arch that it avoided messiness or overflow... but the fang seems to have drips just as small so maybe the delivery "pin" us really tiny and just looks bigger in the pic? I need to spend more time checking the mods and tips section when I have a genius udea before I get too excited about it lol!

Absolutely ingenious!
Presupposes that all cigs have an exposed atomizer, but you could either drill through the atomizer housing on shrouded-atomizer models or go with the hole in the cart housing like you have and then after sqeezing in the juice, tilt the cig down to let the juice run to the atomizer. Not pretty, but I bet it would work.
For the 901.. the needle tip makes a U-turn (goes thru the cart at very base of atomizer) and if squeezed enough when the bottle opening is pointed UP... the juice will go up and then around the u-turn and onto the arch of the atty. Seems to work better when bottle is fuller... but works either way.

Well... I am stil enjoying it and have not had to "juice up" all day... so I am a happy camper. Now I can make the long drives I need to make without changing carts or trying to drip while driving! Woohoo!

Jfraymond

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Here ya go steve.

since the prodigy is gonna be sealed for dripping just get those pump tops like on nasal sprayers that will fit your E-juice bottles(maybe the .045ml dosage one). and put some type of fitting to it so all you have to do is insert the tip into hole and have the end line up right to the atomiser and give it a quick dose or two.

NIce easy idiot proof dripping that can be done with your eyes closed.
pull off mouthpeice, insert tip into atomiser and give a spray or two, then put mouthpeice back on and enjoy.

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
Here ya go steve.

since the prodigy is gonna be sealed for dripping just get those pump tops like on nasal sprayers that will fit your E-juice bottles(maybe the .045ml dosage one). and put some type of fitting to it so all you have to do is insert the tip into hole and have the end line up right to the atomiser and give it a quick dose or two.

NIce easy idiot proof dripping that can be done with your eyes closed.
pull off mouthpeice, insert tip into atomiser and give a spray or two, then put mouthpeice back on and enjoy.

Check the Johnson Creek site ...... ;)

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
yeah I have seen that one.
Im talking about the nasal style pumps that you could just sick into the atty tube and press real quickly.

ya i think the ones your thinking of are kinda T shaped with the edges of the T sticking out so you can use your fingers and press down on what would be the center part of the T basicly you just put the center of the T in the atomizer hole and push down and it should give a measured dose of juice and or nazal spray depending on your preference :p

Jfraymond

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
ya i think the ones your thinking of are kinda T shaped with the edges of the T sticking out so you can use your fingers and press down on what would be the center part of the T basicly you just put the center of the T in the atomizer hole and push down and it should give a measured dose of juice and or nazal spray depending on your preference :p

Yeah, those are the ones. would jsut need to put a ring/stopper around the cone to stop it at the right distance

Have a question regarding all the voltages.

So the batteries can be 3.6/6/7 volts etc. And higher the volts, heavier the hit. Ive been using pass throughs, and really can't stand the regular batteries at this point on any model. Too weak.

So in comparison, what is the voltage that a standard 4081 and/or 901 passthrough gives out while connected to the APC power pack (or if you've never used - lets say a computer source).

The APC specs say Output Voltage: 5v. Just want to see if the standard usb passthroughs alter/lower that spec.

Id like to know if I am going to be getting the same output as I am getting now using standard 901/4081 passes and an APC, if I switch to the PS Prodigy and/or the PS passthrough.

Hope that made sense.

Obi Wan

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Florida
Originally Posted by Obi Wan
Spikey,,

Saw your "plans".. looks interesting.. why the pin removal? Does it get replaced when not vaping?

Spikey,,
the pin is to open and close the small hole in the juice resevour with gravity.
holding it straight up ,, pull out little pin with ball on the end and it should drip straight down onto any atomizer.
then push the pin back in to close the hole.
plus using clear plastic to make the cart it would alow to see the drops dripping and a brass ring end to help with the cart not melting near the atomizers hottest area.
thats the plan but i wont know if it works until i make one,,lol
but i wanted something that is built in and part of the cart itself instead of adding something that connects etc,,
with a cnc machine i could make alot of them fast, but the first few prototypes ill make on manual machines and have fun some saturday trying the idea out.

Last edited:

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
Have a question regarding all the voltages.

So the batteries can be 3.6/6/7 volts etc. And higher the volts, heavier the hit. Ive been using pass throughs, and really can't stand the regular batteries at this point on any model. Too weak.

So in comparison, what is the voltage that a standard 4081 and/or 901 passthrough gives out while connected to the APC power pack (or if you've never used - lets say a computer source).

5V for USB 2.0, typically between .5 and 1.0 amps

The APC specs say Output Voltage: 5v. Just want to see if the standard usb passthroughs alter/lower that spec.

Id like to know if I am going to be getting the same output as I am getting now using standard 901/4081 passes and an APC, if I switch to the PS Prodigy and/or the PS passthrough.

Prodigy w/18650 batt = 3.6v mean/4.2v peak
Podigy w/2 X rcr123a = 6.0v mean/7.2 peak
PS Pass = 5.0v unregulated

Bear in mind, all the PS options listed above are manually switched and have completely sealed connections to batteries/power supplies, which is a very "Dripping Friendly" application. Also of note is that a normal 901 PT typically applies 26 or 28 gauge wiring which has a max amp load of .361 amps for 26 gauge. The PS PT is being built with 20 gauge wire which allows for a max amp draw of 1.5 amps. more than 4X the standard chinese built PT's.

Hope that made sense.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Last edited:

Pinepig

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
cant wait until we start getting these in the mail,, i remember getting my first pilot kits and didnt think id like these e-cigs but it would be fun to try out.
now after years of smoking winstons i havent had a winston since feb 28..
the prodogy will be great for the battery life and the whole design looks cool as hell.

I totaly understand, I got my pilot about a month ago, after smoking Marlboro Lights for 26 years, the day I got my Pilot was the last time I bought smokes. I had a bit of a problem the first day expecting the ML taste and wasn't getting it. I really liked the apple in the sampler pack though, after three days I wasn't having any more desires for an analog. I took a puff of a friends smoke at about the 5 day mark and damn near threw up from the taste. Long live the personal vaporizer.

I'm also looking forward to the look of the Prodogy as it'll keep the evil looks down from folks when I'm vaping. There will be no mistaking this thing from an analog.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Mike/StratO!

Thanks for replying in my absence! Yes, the PS USBpass will infact be using 20G (hot wire is 20G) USB cables. Sadly, you can only draw a max of .5amps (500mA) from an actual PC usb ...

What we did find in using 28g USB cables though is that the max amperage pulled using such was roughly .12amps ... (120mA) ... The draw mimicked that of chinese made PT and was quite sad. Hoping the PS one does well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread