Prodigy V2 Logo Contest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaaayd

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
CaSHMeRe, shouldn't you address multiple listings, and more than one entry per user in the final poll? If I'd known I could design an infinite number of variations to increase my chances of winning I would have.

BTW I like most of the designs, but they are usually too busy for a logo or not good for engraving. Gradients, text effects, and multi-colored submissions probably would NOT transfer to the engraver. Grimmgreen's design is a good example, it looks good on a computer, but no engraver can handle the text outlines and gradient, also the letter spacing is off.

It also MUST be vector art. Many are using raster programs.

Also look at all the pro logos out there, they hardly EVER use a symbol, it is usually only the word, like "SONY". One of the most important lessons I've learned in logo design is to keep it simple.

Usually the one word logos are backed by companies with a lot of money to spend on advertising, or have many locations so people will notice it more often. The most effective logos (for me) are the ones that stand out and are memorable, while also being pretty simple. Imo Nike, McDonalds, and Apple have more effective logos than Sony. You do make some excellent points, though.

ynotproductionz

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
ha ha... what?! thank you , but i feel like mine is a little inferior to a few of these other ones , i love mgrimes designs ... and i really like this one..

attempt4.jpg

Thanks Grimm for the comment, but looks like you got a strangehold on the vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread