Prodigy V2 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckless68

Feb 14, 2010
south central PA
First time user here, I have the Prodigy V2, the first thing I have noticed is that the switch is a little dicy but getting better. The instructions that come with it tells you that the switch needs to be worked a little. But as a first timer here at everything this thing is pretty cool. I ordered the sample pack and want try them all but........ The 6v just gets everything going alot faster, you do need to watch the heat that this 6v produces. you can feel it getting warmer, so keep it to the 2 to 3 second hold on the button.:thumbs:

jingleballs

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
north dakota
hey reckless. please go get yourself a tube of oxgard from home depot. just take your switch apart and put a little dab of oxgard on the two metal contacts where the metal ring on the button hits and it'll hit everytime. just make sure that you clean everything up and re-do it every two weeks. also, if you want an extra boost in performance, take the adapter off and put some on the contact there as well. this simple tip will transform your prodigy v2 into a beastly machine. i should make a youtube video on how to do this because it helps soooooo much. but im a little camera shy. hopefully someone will see what i've wrote and make a video. we can only hope... anyways, hope this helps. well, i know it'll help. c ya.

Captain Morgan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Oklahoma
Sorry to expose my ignorance. But is oxgard different from noalox?

I have some noalox but am wondering, if I want to try this, do I need to get something else.

They are different products but function the same. Both are aluminum anti-oxidents and both are conductive of electricity. A better conductive, however, is Silver Conducting grease made by Circuit Works (CW7100) which has teeny bits of silver in suspension. No matter which you use, use it sparingly, especially on the adapter. You don't want to create a current path where you don't want one. :oops:

jingleballs

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
north dakota
sure thing rhino. and i only use oxgard because it isnt as conductive as that other stuff that has the silver in it. it's pretty much "just right" for the v2. someone should seriously make a vid for youtube. i honestly think that oxgard completely changes the v2 into something way better than what comes off the production line. and it only costs $2.50

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I really do need to get a 901 adapter and try the cartos. Like others, I tried to use my 510 carts and it was frustrating. At 3.7 the 510 carts work great, wick dry and never burn. But on the V2 they drain a bit and taste burnt way before the cart is dry. So I've been dripping-only on the V2. I took a 510 cart and cut to make a drip tip. Basically it'd just an open cart to drip through and avoid tailpiping. Works great but I'd like something I can fill up and have for a while - like my 510's on my 3.7v devices.

I guess the reason the 510 carts don't drain is that I take really short draws on the V2. A 5 sec draw on 3.7 yield the same vapor as a 2 sec draw at 5v. That short draw isn't long enough to pull the liquid down. Will I have the same issus with a carto?

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Instead of using a super t tip you can take a carto cap and cut a hole in the top (large enough for a drop) and put it on instead of tailpiping. I like to slide it on about half way so there's no metal touching the tip of my lips. I use that as the mouthpiece to go on the cartos as well. And if your not using VG in your cartos (i run 30-40%), try that too. The vapor is wonderful

Last edited by a moderator:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I can pretty much chain vape on a carto @ 5v. You really have to take a longer drag with them, imo. I say 5 seconds on a carto and 2-3 on the 901

I really do need to get a 901 adapter and try the cartos. Like others, I tried to use my 510 carts and it was frustrating. At 3.7 the 510 carts work great, wick dry and never burn. But on the V2 they drain a bit and taste burnt way before the cart is dry. So I've been dripping-only on the V2. I took a 510 cart and cut to make a drip tip. Basically it'd just an open cart to drip through and avoid tailpiping. Works great but I'd like something I can fill up and have for a while - like my 510's on my 3.7v devices.

I guess the reason the 510 carts don't drain is that I take really short draws on the V2. A 5 sec draw on 3.7 yield the same vapor as a 2 sec draw at 5v. That short draw isn't long enough to pull the liquid down. Will I have the same issus with a carto?

Ok..have another question. Why am I seeing RCR123A batteries listed as 3.0V and/or 3.7?

Does is matter which one is used? More specifically, can the 3.7V be used?

DO NOT use the 3.7V RCR123A's or you can quickly burn out your atty.

I am sure that the same holds true of the Prodigy V2 as the V1

eg: youtube .com/watch?v=PmkpN4-TxK8 (Sorry, I can not yet directly link to external sites due to post count, remove the space)

Also, see below.

Finally, with the above voltages, how do we get the 5V vape?

Thanks again!

Maths!

e-cigarette-forum com/forum/puresmoker/57852-resistorless-5v-prodigy-v2-final-specs-loaded-voltage-video-9.html#post1030470

And you might as well read the entire post: e-cigarette-forum .com/forum/puresmoker/57852-resistorless-5v-prodigy-v2-final-specs-loaded-voltage-video.html

again, remove the space in each of the links :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread