The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prodigy V2 Question

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by GoG8trz, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GoG8trz

GoG8trz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Hi All,

Does the Prodigy V2 take the 3.0V LifePO4 Batteries? I am trying to debate between the Protege or Prodigy v2. It's a little harder than I imagined......

Thanks,
    Chris

2. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    yes........ lifepo4 tenergys 3v for v2

3. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks Doots....looks like I see an order in my future....

4. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    ........and order placed for the v2. Can't wait to see what all the buzz has been about with 5v vapin.....

5. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Full Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Did you get the "diamond holographic" edition?? I ordered mine last night. I too want to know all about that 5v experience!!

6. reckless68

reckless68 Full Member

Feb 14, 2010
    south central PA
    First time user here, I have the Prodigy V2, the first thing I have noticed is that the switch is a little dicy but getting better. The instructions that come with it tells you that the switch needs to be worked a little. But as a first timer here at everything this thing is pretty cool. I ordered the sample pack and want try them all but........ The 6v just gets everything going alot faster, you do need to watch the heat that this 6v produces. you can feel it getting warmer, so keep it to the 2 to 3 second hold on the button.:thumbs:

7. jingleballs

jingleballs Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    north dakota
    hey reckless. please go get yourself a tube of oxgard from home depot. just take your switch apart and put a little dab of oxgard on the two metal contacts where the metal ring on the button hits and it'll hit everytime. just make sure that you clean everything up and re-do it every two weeks. also, if you want an extra boost in performance, take the adapter off and put some on the contact there as well. this simple tip will transform your prodigy v2 into a beastly machine. i should make a youtube video on how to do this because it helps soooooo much. but im a little camera shy. hopefully someone will see what i've wrote and make a video. we can only hope... anyways, hope this helps. well, i know it'll help. c ya.

8. redrhino

redrhino Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    NY,CA,FL
    Thanks for the tip jingleballs....

9. GregH

GregH Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Georgia USA
    Sorry to expose my ignorance. But is oxgard different from noalox?

I have some noalox but am wondering, if I want to try this, do I need to get something else.

10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 23, 2010
    Oklahoma
    They are different products but function the same. Both are aluminum anti-oxidents and both are conductive of electricity. A better conductive, however, is Silver Conducting grease made by Circuit Works (CW7100) which has teeny bits of silver in suspension. No matter which you use, use it sparingly, especially on the adapter. You don't want to create a current path where you don't want one. :oops:

11. GoG8trz

Oct 27, 2009
    Augusta, GA
    Ok..have another question. Why am I seeing RCR123A batteries listed as 3.0V and/or 3.7?

Does is matter which one is used? More specifically, can the 3.7V be used? Finally, with the above voltages, how do we get the 5V vape?

Thanks again!

12. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If anyone is ordering a V2, consider the 808/901 adapter as your choice or add one. Cartos at 5v are wonderful with the right juice (some vg in it). Otherwise my V2 is a dripping only device. I started with a 510 adapter but switched. Dripping on a 901 is wonderful

13. jingleballs

Dec 30, 2009
    north dakota
    sure thing rhino. and i only use oxgard because it isnt as conductive as that other stuff that has the silver in it. it's pretty much "just right" for the v2. someone should seriously make a vid for youtube. i honestly think that oxgard completely changes the v2 into something way better than what comes off the production line. and it only costs $2.50

14. jingleballs

Dec 30, 2009
    north dakota
    and to jd... that's the same road i started out on. i used the 510 at first and all it did was boil my liquid, no matter what i did to it. the 901 is just so versatile, you can just do anything with it. i use cartos as well. the 901 adapter is the way to go for sure.

15. tattooed

tattooed Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2009
    VA
    Just wanted to 2nd (3rd?) the 901 adapter. Cartos are the bomb, especially while driving, I actually had one last me all day while I was one the road and dripping with the 901 gives good flavor and nice vapor with the V2. The stainless T-Tip really makes a great accessory on here too.

16. Quitter

Quitter Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    I really do need to get a 901 adapter and try the cartos. Like others, I tried to use my 510 carts and it was frustrating. At 3.7 the 510 carts work great, wick dry and never burn. But on the V2 they drain a bit and taste burnt way before the cart is dry. So I've been dripping-only on the V2. I took a 510 cart and cut to make a drip tip. Basically it'd just an open cart to drip through and avoid tailpiping. Works great but I'd like something I can fill up and have for a while - like my 510's on my 3.7v devices.

I guess the reason the 510 carts don't drain is that I take really short draws on the V2. A 5 sec draw on 3.7 yield the same vapor as a 2 sec draw at 5v. That short draw isn't long enough to pull the liquid down. Will I have the same issus with a carto?

17. JDSupreme

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Instead of using a super t tip you can take a carto cap and cut a hole in the top (large enough for a drop) and put it on instead of tailpiping. I like to slide it on about half way so there's no metal touching the tip of my lips. I use that as the mouthpiece to go on the cartos as well. And if your not using VG in your cartos (i run 30-40%), try that too. The vapor is wonderful

18. JDSupreme

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I can pretty much chain vape on a carto @ 5v. You really have to take a longer drag with them, imo. I say 5 seconds on a carto and 2-3 on the 901

19. jingleballs

Dec 30, 2009
    north dakota
    yeah, i also use the rubber carto caps on my 901 attys when i dont feel like using cartos. bottom line is, just get your v2 with the 901 adapter. it's sweet. :D

20. nocfed

nocfed New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    The Big D, TX
    DO NOT use the 3.7V RCR123A's or you can quickly burn out your atty.

I am sure that the same holds true of the Prodigy V2 as the V1

eg: youtube .com/watch?v=PmkpN4-TxK8 (Sorry, I can not yet directly link to external sites due to post count, remove the space)

Also, see below.

Maths!

e-cigarette-forum com/forum/puresmoker/57852-resistorless-5v-prodigy-v2-final-specs-loaded-voltage-video-9.html#post1030470

And you might as well read the entire post: e-cigarette-forum .com/forum/puresmoker/57852-resistorless-5v-prodigy-v2-final-specs-loaded-voltage-video.html

again, remove the space in each of the links :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.