professional companies vs. basement operations (liquid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Regardless of whether the liquids are mixed in some shiny squeaky clean lab or some dank basement, manufacturers are still responsible and liable for whatever they put on the market. Well, trying to sue the pants off some guy in faraway China is where theory and practice might collide...

And I remember from another forum one poster that very obviously didn't have a single clue but wanted to start mixing because he had "customers lined up already". Needless to say that he didn't last long there. Unfortunately, that won't prevent anyone high on greed and low on reponsibility and even lower on knowledge to peddle his products to the unsuspecting public. Glossy pics from shiny labs can be copy-pasted fro the web in seconds...

As vaping started as a sort of 'grass-roots-movement', it is - so far - run largely by enthusiasts that still associate the product with the numbers instead of corporate beancounters that see the numbers only. And forums like these are fairly good instruments to weed out the 'black sheep'.

And governmental oversight is no guarantee - check the news, what comes to light frequently in food processing facilities ( ranging from the diner around the corner to huge plants ) could put you off food for good if you didn't need to consume it.

By the people, for the people - 's been forgotten in the corridors of power, that'S why we're getting all the heat about vaping right now, democracy seems to turn into lobbycracy.

By vapers for vapers - As long as this applies to my vendor, I think I'm good...

On a personal note - I do mix for others, just for the fun of it. So it's pretty much like bringing some food along when visiting the neighbor. The only gain for me is the delighted smile on the faces of my 'customers', but that won't buy me a lab. Neither do I have the funds nor the room nor the intention to go 'commercial' .

But I am looking at some glasspanes and some adhesives - maybe I'll fashion myself a small glovebox. But whatever I mix , I test and taste myself. After all, one of the guys I'm mixing liquids for signs my monthly paycheck, so I do have a vested interest in keeping him hale and hardy :) ....

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Oh yes. +1 to that. Im kinda picky about my vendors too, only used 5 so far. One I wont use again, mostly because I just didnt like their flavors.

Others I've used and would buy from again mostly because I get the vibe from them that they take what they are doing quite seriously and also have been mentioned many times in threads here and the overall opinions are positive.

I want to DIY some juice, but Im new to this whole vaping thing so one step at a time; first was to get some gear, second was to find decent juice suppliers, third was figuring out I could indeed rebuild my coils/heads and fourth...vape? Yah, vape. A lot!

I guess next is some VG/PG supply, maybe not a gallon of each just yet, but...more than just a 3oz. bottle. A quart? Maybe.

Ive been looking at some suppliers, I keep seeing VG but I am not sure exactly about the sources for it, Id like GMO free stuff if thats possible. I still have a lot to learn about it, I guess.

Reputable vendors of base materials scan their MSDS and batch test certificates and put them online. Sure, everything can be faked.
But having the trust of your buyers is the most valuable commodity. Vendors/supplies who are forgetting that are soon forgotten...

PG, VG, nic - make sure it says 'USP' or something equivalent on the label and that it does show a batch number and you're good.

Happy vaping, successful mixing :)

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
my take is if can be a good cook you can be a good juice maker.
its not rocket science.
there are many instructional posts and utube videos to guide you on your way.
many makers big or small are probably getting there raw materials from the same suppliers,
using the same basic tried and true formulas and winging it from there.
a little marketing and there you go.
what is most important is good customer service,proper packaging,and reliable delivery.
a cool name helps too.
i'm sure there are some shadier fly buy night outfits out there,but every online
vendor I've dealt with so far has been fabulous.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread