Propylene Glycol

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Europe
No reaction to the more sensitive membranes like mouth lungs and throat, but it bothered your hands? Unlikely it is the ecig...

My hands got bright red, super dry and full of red dots for the first time in my life, after vaping the whole evening for the first time in my life. Yes, very unlikely. You should try comedy.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
No I don't. Of course smoking will kill you if you smoke one pack a day for 20-50 years, but that's not the case if you smoke one or two packs in a month. There are plenty of safer things that will give you cancer if you use them enough.

The US Surgeon General says a single cigarette can be enough to kill you. And, even for the same reason you said PG is dangerous. "Mutagenic" is one of the words you decided to bold when it wasn't bold in your source. Google could easily provide you with what you should know about mutagenic chemicals found in cigarette smoke. In fact, I happen to know that you will find mutagens of all three major categories exist in cigarette smoke. One topic you should ask google about after that is an abstract from volume 67 of Mutation Research Genetic Toxicology entitled "Mutagenic activity of propylene oxide in bacterial and mammalian systems".

I'm not really sure why you want to talk yourself in to smoking and out of vaping, but you should really at least attempt to gain a better understanding of both things before you make such an important decision.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
My hands got bright red, super dry and full of red dots for the first time in my life, after vaping the whole evening for the first time in my life. Yes, very unlikely. You should try comedy.

That also sounds like a possible reaction to nicotine. Did you get any of the juice on your hands while you were vaping?

JohnnyKozo

Apr 5, 2011
Cleveland Ohio

You should try putting your ecig in a different hole. Badda-badda-tish

But really, how can you say that a product that millions of people have consumed in food, healthcare, and beauty products with no reported side effects (not counting allergies) is more dangerous than cigarettes, which have claimed millions of lives? There is no safe way to smoke a cigarette, even the weekend smoker does permanent damage to their body.

I'm sorry to hear you had an allergic reaction. But if you were allergic to tomatoes, would you go around telling everybody to smoke cigarettes instead of eat tomatoes? Seriously.

rambo

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Europe
You should try putting your ecig in a different hole. Badda-badda-tish

But really, how can you say that a product that millions of people have consumed in food, healthcare, and beauty products with no reported side effects (not counting allergies) is more dangerous than cigarettes, which have claimed millions of lives? There is no safe way to smoke a cigarette, even the weekend smoker does permanent damage to their body.

I'm sorry to hear you had an allergic reaction. But if you were allergic to tomatoes, would you go around telling everybody to smoke cigarettes instead of eat tomatoes? Seriously.

Do you know vapers don't permanently damage their bodies? Thought so. No reported side effects? Read the health section of this forum.

FrontierADX

Apr 21, 2011
Anderson, IN
hey rambo um were these red dots noticed when you woke up...if they were they were not from PG.. They are most likely caused by capillary rupture during sleep, ever had that tingly arm or hand in the morning... yeah that is what its from... PG is for all intents and purposes inert...it is actually not really inert but actually beneficial as it is a very effective bacterial fighter

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Do some research Rambo. There have been studies on inhaling PG going back to the 1940's. They have been done by scientists, OSHA, and the Military to name a few. Check out the CASAA website for the research data if you are REALLY interested and not just being a Troll. PG is used in children's and adult's cough syrup as the main inactive ingredient, it's also the main ingredient in most sexual lubricants. If you look at the ingrdients on things from now on you will be amazed at how many things contain PG.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
You guys are funny trying to make up something when it's 100% clear it was vaping that caused it. But I will still answer to you, I noticed it at bar when I felt burning feeling on my hands.

I think you are funny troll:laugh:.... have you seen a doctor mister hypocondriac?...can I see where the doctor wrote acute PG poisoning?.....Just like every other sheep scared to death by big media corps....oh it must be vaping... so this was the ONLY new thing, period, that you did 48 hours prior to the spots showing up?.... shut up and sit down son you might just learn sumthing!!

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You guys are funny trying to make up something when it's 100% clear it was vaping that caused it. But I will still answer to you, I noticed it at bar when I felt burning feeling on my hands.
Have you read in the hypochondriac section about anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Sorry, that was a typo, I meant the "health" section
EDIT: Okay, yeah, so it wasn't a typo, just a little joke
EDIT: To anyone that actually has had any real symptoms from vaping, that joke was not directed at you
EDIT: To the original poster, the joke was not yet directed at you either

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village
I think you are funny troll:laugh:.... have you seen a doctor mister hypocondriac?...can I see where the doctor wrote acute PG poisoning?.....Just like every other sheep scared to death by big media corps....oh it must be vaping... so this was the ONLY new thing, period, that you did 48 hours prior to the spots showing up?.... shut up and sit down son you might just learn sumthing!!

see there your trolling worked....got me all excited and stuff........sorry for the blaze but i think blaming it on vaping is just convenience for you but when allergic to pg it is usually felt in the more sensitive areas like the lungs or mucus membranes within the mouth... sounds to me like a skin irritation, like allergies to lotion or plant or some sort of organic matter, but pg would most definitely affect your lungs before the backs of your hands.....have you taken niacin or drank or eaten anything with a major amount of niacin in it cause it sounds like a niacin overdose to me flushed spotted burning skin......yep niacin od......

Last edited:

V8P

Mar 20, 2009
New York
How can you say that when in your second post you said this?
I don't know if that's allergic reaction or that the stuff just dryed my body.

LOL...I'm reading this thread picturing rambo freaking out at the bar staring at his hands and face.

Guyver Gaiden

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
California
i got that my first hour of vaping.....I think it was from not letting go of my e cig...:unsure:....but what i think it was me getting excited when a new kit comes in the mail i just vape my heart out...:headbang::w00t::danger:...lol...that happens all the time to me when i order some thing new that i havent tried yet.....lol.....might be a little too much nicotine or a rush in the head from vaping alot and blood is stuck in my hand.....not circulating that welll...i said said enough bout my exciting experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread