Pros and cons of a Hana 30 DNA clone vs a MVP v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargaha

Sep 3, 2014
Sweden
Right now these are the 2 APV's I'm trying to decide between. The MVP has a way lower VV/VW but I'm not sure if I need to go over 11W with my current setup. The Hana has 600mAh less which isn't a huge deal but still has some impact. Those are the biggest difference I guess. But since it's a clone I'm a bit worried about how the quality actually is while on the otherhand the MVP 2 has close to a cult following at this point.

The price difference is minimal and not an issue.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Right now these are the 2 APV's I'm trying to decide between. The MVP has a way lower VV/VW but I'm not sure if I need to go over 11W with my current setup. The Hana has 600mAh less which isn't a huge deal but still has some impact. Those are the biggest difference I guess. But since it's a clone I'm a bit worried about how the quality actually is while on the otherhand the MVP 2 has close to a cult following at this point.

The price difference is minimal and not an issue.

A full size Hana DNA30 clone takes 18650 cells. A Samsung 25R or Sony VTC5 (if you can find them) are equivalent to the MVP in terms of battery capacity (mAh). I can't speak much to the Hana mini clone with the built in battery pack as I don't own one but it can be used in pass through mode like the MVP if battery life is a concern. I like the replaceable batteries in the full size.

I just sold my MVP today, about four weeks after purchasing my DNA30 box. While the MVP was a fantastic unit, the 11W ceiling just didn't work for me - even with factory Nautilus BVC heads, which like a little more power than the MVP can deliver.

I've also ditched the Nautilus tanks in favor of rebuildables. I'm running an Eleaf Lemo with 1.2ohm build on my DNA30 box at 23W and there is no way I could ever go back to a lower power device or clearomizers. Of course, much (maybe all) of this is highly subjective. If you aren't interested in higher power vaping and plan to run clearomizers, the MVP is a winner, for sure. If you have plans to get into RTA/RDA attys, a higher power device is nice to have.

Another distinction worth considering is the reliability track record of each device. Quite a few DNA30 clone owners have reports various issues and failures. Some fairly minor, some major. The MVP, while the built-in battery pack lasts, is a pretty rock solid unit. To mitigate any potential reliability issues of my DNA30 box (which has been perfect so far), I intend to order another as backup. For just a shade over $40 I won't lose any sleep if the box only lasts a few months. I'd certainly like it to last longer but it won't break me if it doesn't.

I don't think you can wrong either way. Each unit has its intended usages and pros/cons.

geekmedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
FWIW, My MVP sits on the shelf now, and likely will for a very long time. I liked the MVP very much when using iClear 16, Carto's, and other clearo's. The Hana is about the same size, lasts all day and well into the night (I charge nightly through the pass through). I got the Hana due to not being able to tolerate the beauty rings with a standard 510 anything on it. I have the ability to get higher wattage, and what a difference it has made in flavor and vapor on my Russian clone (love it!).

I do miss the ability to put a little charge on my phone when I forget to charge before a long day, but when faced with Vape or Facebook, Vape wins every time.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have a Cloupor 30 watt Hana clone. It is not without it's first issue quirks, but I've using it happily for nearly 4 months. I vape RTA's on it, and usually at 20-25 watts. I get respectable battery life from it using a Sony VTC5.

I also have had an MVP 2.0. It has been a solid and reliable device with spectacular battery life. It is limited to 11 watts/3.5 amps.....and therefore the MVP 2 has finally been given to my wife as a spare. I prefer to vape at higher wattage.

I'm not certain that these devices are really comparable to each other in any aspect other than that they are box shaped. It really comes down to what type of performance you are looking for.

Blargaha

Sep 3, 2014
Sweden
I think I might just go for the MVP. I can't really afford to buy a new clone if it turns out I get one with major issues. My current EVOD right now goes up to 4.8V and I tend to stick around 4.5V. I'm only using a Nautilus Mini so I'm currently not in the need for much higher wattage than the MVP offers I think. When I start getting into even more advanced vaping I'll probably get a nice high wattage APV but that is some time in the future.
Being able to charge my phone though only a slight advantage is pretty nice too.

Thanks for all the replies.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I've had my MVP2 for like 9 months now and it's served me well. That being said I would really like to upgrade to a 30 watt device. These new Nautilus coils can handle much more power and seem to shine around 14-15 watts from my little experience. I also wouldn't mind getting into rebuilding eventually and would like the 30watts for that too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread