The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Proteus official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    bad batteries as usual kefton. Try efest, they are better than AW. Also, the problem with these small batteries is that they are not made equal for some reason. Buy new ones and you will be ready to go. But.......they have to be original

2. NandyDC

NandyDC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2009
    San Juan, PR
    Same happened to me at the beginning of the Proteus. At least in my case the issue was because the batt wasnt making a solid connection, I raised a little bit the negative contact with and the issue was gone. As usual cleaning the contacts from time to time always help. Now no five orange blinks until recharge is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I'll chime in with an update. The Proteus + Penelopev4 really does work, but it's not exactly for the faint of heart. You have to be a craftsy type who loves to play with mechnical things. The coils are non-trivial to build and fit in that tiny little space, but it can be done. Expect much rebuilding, regularly. There's no question this device would give me a heart attack, but my wife has now been analog free for one year thanks to it. And she loves her Proteus + Penelopev4, despite the many headaches it has caused. It's especially helpful that she has two of them (yes, she has mine as well, now).

• Like Like x 6
  4. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas