The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

P & p

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Itshak

Itshak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Israel
    "today I will make the first official video about new Penelope

preorders will start on Monday and will last for 4 days

I made only 1200 pieces

Price will be at 99 euros

Batch will be ready in 15-20 days."

best show in town squar this evening just announced
    buy Imeo.
    hurry up only 1200 "single seat tikets" are availble.:toast:

2. D Stanley Querfurth

D Stanley Querfurth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    With Penny v.2 on its way i hope Imeo will resolve all problems and give proteus to us soon... Would be a great combination !!!

3. RiverNut

RiverNut Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    the biggest hurdle is going to be finding a manufacturer capable of making the electronics that is also willing to make a small quantity without charging an arm and a leg for it.

4. Itshak

Itshak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Israel
    if electronic can be made for all users out there like GG atty's with 510 base,
    Or like kick but better designe then maybe it will be less problematic.
    I think a lot of fox out there will want to use GG quality electronic module.
    There a lot fox out there runing GG's attys that had not equierd yet a GG battery mod,
    and use other mods for now.
    We don't realy know what Imeo is engineering yet so maybe it's not relevant,but if it is
    the potential is much bigger then.

5. Samkinra

Samkinra Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2012
    Singapore
    Anyone knows how much is the Proteus going for ?

6. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    No because it hasn't been made yet. And will depend on how much the electronics cost.

7. Sad Society

Sad Society Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello Imeo and friends.

Unfortunately I never owned a GG mod. I've only had the fantastic GG RBA's. This is why I'm excited about getting Proteus, because it will be my first GG mod.

I wanted to share my part about what I think are one of the biggest weakness of a mod. The weakest part of many mods I've owned is the insulated center pin. Users have a tendency to screw an atty/RBA too tight. Or over-tighten. Causing the pin to get pushed down...not making connection, and even breaking the insulator.

The best solution for this problem is up for debate. I've had a mod where the center pin was spring loaded, but after some time the spring broke and the pin was stuck in the mod...rendering the mod useless. Other mods have a screw on top cap...so you can always take the cap off and fix the pin if needed.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't own any GG mods so I don't know how the center pin is on them. But I just want a reliable mod. And the center pin problem is one of the most common problems.

This is why I like the new Penelope V2. It has the adjustable center bottom pin. But I don't want the insulated center pin problems to happen with the new Proteus when I finally get one.

Now I am careful with trying to not over tighten, but the problem is still there. I hope the Proteus will be made to handle or outdo this problem.

8. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    This doesn't happen with floating pins like in the JustGG or GGTS. A lot of mods copied the design of a floating pin from Imeo. I hate when a unique idea becoming used everywhere *Sigh*

9. thedrpepperdude

thedrpepperdude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    TEXAS
    Is there a 14xxx battery suitable for low or sub ohm vaping? Even with electronic regulation it looks like finding a good battery will be a challenge in the 14xxx size. I am looking forward to the electronic regulation but think I like the 18xxx size better, just for the battery options.

10. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    The AW IMR 14500 has a theoretical limit of 4.8 amp which is 8C. Practically let's say 4 amps. If imeo designed the chip to give u all the options without the chip consuming more than 4 amp, Then it is doable. But it will give u 9 continuous minutes only.

11. thedrpepperdude

thedrpepperdude Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2012
    TEXAS
    aal I guess this means we will be limited to something around <20 watts. Or am I not figuring this right?

12. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Which is why I am hoping there will still be an adapter to use the electronics in JGG or GGTS still. Although I am the exact opposite of most people and would prefer a larger mod that can only need 1 battery a day then carrying around 6 extra batteries to last me a day.

13. Fanky

Fanky Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Just a little bump since Imeo said in other threads he is almost ready to reveal the PROTEUS, :toast::toast::toast:

Feel free to update us in this thread Master Inventor. :)

14. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I too hope that Proteus video is not far now fanky:)

15. blackwater

blackwater Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2011
    NH
    You will make my wife so happy!!!
    I mean Proteus will. Hahaha!!

16. legion13

legion13 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Wilson, NY
    LOL, too funny blackwater.

very excited about Proteus as well!

17. Bigwhiterabbitt

Bigwhiterabbitt Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    N. Ireland
    Imeo I have been searching through threads here and can't find the answer I have been looking for (I'm blind lol..) Do you know what the final length of the Proteus will be?

Thanks Steve

18. Yaya

Yaya Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I still can't figure out exactly what Proteus is and where it fits in with the JGG.

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    there is no such an info Big. But soon buddy

20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Proteus is the first thin VW mod in the market with a lot of functions yaya. Its a mod itself, so it doesnt fit on justGG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.