Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
I got the tiny tank to alternate with the Penelope and man Im very disappointed with it. Even with the biggest air hole the draw is tighter than the Penelope. My next adventure in the search of a better draw would be the GP Spheroid v4. I have the V1 but the draw with the Proteus is so bad if not impossible.

98528db972610473aea27b30c16d8581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
The internal hole looks big also, maybe is like that by design and Im so used to the draw of the Tile. It vapes well but the draw is not good at least for me. I think the Pene is a little more airy than this tank.

I feel strange talking about others product here. Anyways, Proteus is the main character here. [emoji15]

Reactions: snork

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I got the tiny tank to alternate with the Penelope and man Im very disappointed with it. Even with the biggest air hole the draw is tighter than the Penelope. My next adventure in the search of a better draw would be the GP Spheroid v4. I have the V1 but the draw with the Proteus is so bad if not impossible.

98528db972610473aea27b30c16d8581.jpg

The tiny tank is the worst possible choice if you like airy draws. I said it earlier, it is possibly the best MTL tank, very small chamber and tiny air holes. If you want a more airier draw then this is a good solution, however I still think this atomiser is a bad fit for you.

Reactions: NandyDC

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Like I said before. I replaced the o-ring for a smaller o-ring on Penelope V4 and the air draw is just as good as Tilemahos IMO. I don't even have the bigger base holes on the outside. The only reason I would buy the bigger base hole is to quiet down the whistling sound but it really isn't that bad for me and the whistle sound only happens if I vape...(suck..yeah I said it) really hard. :-0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Like I said before. I replaced the o-ring for a smaller o-ring on Penelope V4 and the air draw is just as good as Tilemahos IMO. I don't even have the bigger base holes on the outside. The only reason I would buy the bigger base hole is to quiet down the whistling sound but it really isn't that bad for me and the whistle sound only happens if I vape...(suck..yeah I said it) really hard. :-0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes Sad, since I changed the o-ring on the Penelope the draw improved by a mile but I know a draw like the Tilemahos would be a dream at least for me. [emoji106]

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
  • Deleted by imeothanasis
  • Reason: sorry Stun, this post is not allowed here

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Ok, I think I've officially spent more money trying to get Proteus and Penelope V4 to work than I did purchasing them. I've bought a ridiculous number of new AW and Efest batteries and a couple hundred feet 28 and 30 gauge gr1 Ti wire from multiple online and local shops. Now all I'm getting is anywhere between 3 and 30 slow blinks followed by 10 fast blinks. It won't fire at all. Without Penelope, Proteus reads the battery just fine. I only have problems when I attach Penelope.

I've made approximately 25-30 builds ranging between 0.5 and 1.0 ohms and it always gets the same results. I'm generally not somebody who gives up, but I've literally done everything that everyone has suggested to me, and others, and it just won't work. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them. Otherwise this the most expensive paperweight I've ever purchased.

Last edited:

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
x1 on the coil,

I had used .30mm Ti from the ggstore and .26mm and .24mm from FT without issues at 0.5-0.6 ohms. The only issue I was facing at some point was my mistake, the battery performance was very poor hitting the five red blinks even with the batts at around 3.70v. The issue was that the batt inside the tube wasn't tight enough, I made the adjustment and now I can vape all the way down to 3.40v.

Reactions: steliosss

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Any update on the availability of VIR adaptor for larger battery mods? I'm also not fine with 14500 batteries overall. Way too many constraints for my taste.
Yep monk, that's exactly what I'm waiting for and I'm sure others.:evil::pervy::nun::angel:

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I'm happy and sad. :(
I bought Proteus 3 months ago, maybe more and Penelope shortly after that. But I was moving to another country and had a lot of things to do. Also, when I moved I was without bank account.

Couple days ago I was finaly settled and with my new BA and CC. I have ordered batteries, wire and everything I need to put P&P to use.

Proteus works amazing, it's little miracle... but with Tilemahos and that doesn't look nice.

I am generaly bad in coiling and that's why I love Tilemahos, it's easy and works always. I have tried 3 times to make good Pene coil. First 2 times wires were touching each other or some other part of Pene. Third time I have made what looked like a good coil and it worked... but I got leakage and also burnt taste. Yes, I know that it's said that you can't get burnt taste with Proteus but I got it. I obviously did something wrong but have no idea what.

I must watch a lot Pene coiling tutorials tommorow and hope that I will find a proper way to coil it. It would be a shame not to be able to make it work with Proteus as it works really really awesome. :(

Reactions: imeothanasis

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Update after 3 months and 3 days - this is long post for short point so if you don't want to read it all just go to the last paragraph.

After the post above I tried couple of more times and gave up. To be totally clear - all failed attempts to get everything working were my fault.

Imeo knows as I mentioned that to him a lot of times, I am very bad with toucht things thus coiling too. I love GG and tried using atties again and again but without success. Only one that worked for me is UFS (no coiling) but was too big so I sold it. Then I bought and tried Ody and Ithaka but again, no luck making coils.

Then came Tile springomiser I bought it and finally was lucky vaper. :D Make a spring, put it inside, screw it on my old but still awesome Provari mini and just enjoy.

Why did I wrote all this? Last night my Provari died totally. Last couple of months it started losing contact, batteries drained faster and I am sure it gave less voltage then set.

So last night I realised I am without vaping gear. Or am I? I again took Peny from the dark and started analysing it and tried to make proper coil. And I found what was I doing wrong - even when I avoid all sides of tank to be touched, ends of coil, those which should be screwed were always touching some part of coil/spring because I make wider longer springs for higher ohms and when I bend ends toward screws there's no space left to avoid the wire. That was also the reason for burnt taste I mentioned in the post above which was confusing me as it was said there can't be burned taste with Proteus. Well, it can if there's enough liquid but coil is shorting but just barely, so Proteus does not detect it and let it work. That's why never had problems with Tile, no screws to make problems for me.

So finally I made awesome coil and started fully enjoying Pene and Proteus. :thumbs:

And why so long post in Proteus thread with almost no mention of Proteus?

Well - it works gret for me!!! :w00t:

I was sceptic after all comments I have read about battery life, not registering battery etc. I have 4 Efest batteries bought from AkkuDB (seven months later, once again BIG thanks to woita for the reccomendation), I've charged them last night, put first in Proteus at 9 in the morning, when I came to work and 10 minutes ago I've inserted fourth one. So 3 batteries for almost 12 hours. And I vape a lot, a lot. I'm one of those guys for whom other people think that ecig is glued to their hand. :( I am puffing almost all the time.

Even if I need 6 batteries to go through out the day I would be more then satisfied. As I mentioned, died Provari was already working bad (I bought it and used it heavy for full 4 years, from january 2013) so I was spending from four to five 18350 batteries per day. I am used to that.

I am sure that battery quality + coil plays a major role. I made 1.5ohm coil and even that is low by my vaping standards. I can't stand low ohm, not to mention sub-ohm and 0.3-0.5 coils which I have all tried. Even 0.75 in Melo III which I tried couple a days ago doesn't suits me at all.

So, to sum up - I vaped 11 hours and 15 minutes with 3 AW V2 batteries from AkkuDB using 1.5ohm SS 316L 30awg coil with cotton bacon. That means that full day (sleep time excluded :lol:) would go with maximum 5 batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread