The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

P & p

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Yaya

Yaya Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So rechargeable and with a built in computer.:cool:

2. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    not yet yaya but its on my mind

3. *bibi*

*bibi* Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    PP
    one problem with all ecigs (apv/mech mod) is perhaps the battery life...

would it be possible to have something like the proteus with a "real" passthrough option ?
    ...i.e. NOT like ego/itaste devices, where one can "vape, while its charging", but instead really bypassing the battery-charging..

a lot of ppl spend a major part of the day in front of their PCs - near a socket...
    a socket is the most reliable power source we have - always available, with constant supply...

so, perhaps the proteus could become in a future version also a "real passthrough" ?
    ...then one could unscrupulously vape, without having to worry about every pull from the battery...

4. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    This is why I would like a passthrough made for GG's again. The neat thing is if it was built right it could go into any GG device with the correct bottom cap.

5. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    actually you need to develop the bottom cap itself, but the GGTS works on Just GG so 2 in 1. (Yes I think about it every day :D)

6. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    I have been as well. If I had a machine shop I would try to make it but unfortunatly I do not so all I can do is hope someone will make one someday. But the basic premis would be much like the old GG passthrough only with different bottom caps for each device lol.

7. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I did that 4 years ago for GGT bibi. Maybe I will do it for proteus too after its release

8. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    I know there are a lot of GG users who are not desk users, however also a lot of them are. So I think it would be great. We would use only the batteries in transit and not while on desk. Provari did one add-on, and I think the same could be done for proteus. However I dunno if you buck down the 5V USB to 3.7V and use up only 500 mA. I don't know anything about electronics but since Provari did it I think it is easy for Imeo to do :D

EDIT: My bad, provari does not use USB at all with their passthrough, but a wall/car plug, and probably because of the 500mA limitation!!

9. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

It can be done easily but only by using the usb to recharge the inside existing battery.
    Without the battery we have up to 2,5Watts, so we can't use it without another interfering circuit.

10. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    I think the way provari did it is best. No need for battery inside. Because well in that way you are just charging and not real passthrough.

11. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes you're right but I imagine to pull out the usb and also have a fully charged batt as soon as close the computer.
    Anyway, both solusions are good for us and it's up to imeo to decide :)

12. pt91

pt91 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    I have the working original GG pass through that plugs into an outlet but it only works for 2.5 ohm + atties. I assume it could be modified as I saw other people doing it. Works on GGTS and I assume JUST GG.

13. ManniGfaltig

ManniGfaltig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Germany
    In the terms of "Keep it simple" I would suggest that a pass through needs to work with different sources. Both wall adapter and car adapters would be great (both can deliver at least 6V and sufficent Ampere). USB on the other side can only be used for charging batteries, which I like to delegate to my dedicated chargers. Not that I would not trust an Imeo charger, but I prefer to see new vaping devices and not another charger.
    On a sidenote there are some cars that do have "only" 6V power outlets, 12V can be considered as default and trucks usually have 24V outlets.

14. *bibi*

*bibi* Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    PP
  15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Exactly bibi. But Proteus not only can tell the future, its the future itself. You will understand more when you will see it

16. Dampfinferno

Dampfinferno Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Germany
    Imeo, I can't still sleep because of your protheus!!!! Please stop talk of it before it relased :). I'm so hot to hold the protheus + penelope v2 short in my own hands!!!

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Dam, you are absolutely right. I vape exactly this combo right now.

18. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Please show us a video screen shot anything pleaaaaaaase. Or maybe some features.

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    not yet buddy, please wait a little more

20. FogNL

FogNL Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    In line with the upcoming Proteus I am sooooo happy that this will materialize a quote from Imeo that I've read somewhere (here I guess) that the future of vaping is light and slim.

Yes! Yes! Yes! It is!! :toast:

I'm in the process of selling most of my 22/23mm gear as I've had it with carrying devices weighing like bricks around when I'm out and about, working etc. It's not convenient and - but I guess that's just me - I still don't feel comfortable to vape in public with a cruise missile stuck in my face. This is why I like the Penny V2 and my other small RBAs & devices so much.

I can't wait to see how Proteus will turn out! :headbang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.